[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

PAC-10 Clearly Superior

rbmcdonald

Here is some ammunition for Pac 10 fans. Here are the rankings by conference, in win-loss percentage of BCS Bowl games. This is as of the Orange Bowl game. The Rose Bowl game is obviously Big 12 vs Pac 10

1. Pac 10 (6-3 .666)

2. SEC (7-4 .636)

3. Big Ten (8-5 .615)

4. Big East (4-4 .500)

5. Big XII (4-6 .400)

6. ACC (1-7 .125)

7. Notre Dame (since they consider themselves a conference) (0-2 .000)

The Mountain West is 1-0. Looks to me as if the Pac 10's best teams step it up in the biggest games. Does it make them a better conference than the Big XII? No. But there top teams, have performed the best in the BCS era, and have also performed way better than the Big 12's top teams have.

Edited by GWPFFL BrianW

Here is some ammunition for Pac 10 fans. Here are the rankings by conference, in win-loss percentage of BCS Bowl games. This is as of the Orange Bowl game. The Rose Bowl game is obviously Big 12 vs Pac 10

1. Pac 10 (6-3 .666)

2. SEC (7-4 .636)

3. Big Ten (8-5 .615)

4. Big East (4-4  .500)

5. Big XII (4-6  .400)

6. ACC (1-7 .125)

The Mountain West is 1-0.  Looks to me as if the Pac 10's best teams step it up in the biggest games. Does it make them a better conference than the Big XII? No. But there top teams, have performed the best in the BCS era, and have also performed way better than the Big 12's top teams have.

1247024[/snapback]

Big East #4... And to think there are some who feel they don't deserve BCS consideration. I think they'll be a tough conference in the coming years.

Junkyard

1. Pac 10 (6-3 .666)

2. SEC (7-4 .636)

3. Big Ten (8-5 .615)

4. Big East (4-4  .500)

5. Big XII (4-6  .400)

6. ACC (1-7 .125)

The Mountain West is 1-0.  Looks to me as if the Pac 10's best teams step it up in the biggest games. Does it make them a better conference than the Big XII? No. But there top teams, have performed the best in the BCS era, and have also performed way better than the Big 12's top teams have.

1247024[/snapback]

Interesting- thanks- I would say that looks pretty right on. The PAC 10 does suffer from top to bottom quality some years- but the top of the conference is always darn good. Big Ten is good throught year in year out, and the SEC is usually one of the top 2-3 rated conferences every year. Big 12?? well....maybe they should try and play a quality non-conference game once in a while, get used to top notch competition.

Me for one.  Honestly, watching you two go at it every single day was pretty entertaining. 

Hopefully, you can start it up again next year.

1248121[/snapback]

Next year? This is just the beginning. Sarge has 300+ days of pent up frustration.

+

Be careful OSU, I take my Lord very seriously. Jokes like this are not appropriate.

1251680[/snapback]

That being the case, you should know that the anti-christ is real. I'm not making this up, just re-read Revalations. :D

My father ministered 'till his death and i do not take talk of the anti-christ lightly either................Stoops is the Devil!!!

+

Be careful OSU, I take my Lord very seriously. Jokes like this are not appropriate.

1251680[/snapback]

Sarge, I have always thought that God had a sense of humor, after spending six months reading post on this board, I am certain of it.