[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wine Tasting--TODAY (Monday) at 10:00 EST

wiegie

The wines are Sauvignon Blancs:

2004 Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc New Zealand ~ Marlbourgh (Be careful, I noticed that the 2005's had started arriving in some places--let's stick with the 2004)

2004 Clos du Bois Sauvignon Blanc North Coast

The wines are Sauvignon Blancs:

2004 Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc New Zealand ~ Marlbourgh (Be careful, I noticed that the 2005's had started arriving in some places--let's stick with the 2004)

2004 Clos du Bois Sauvignon Blanc North Coast

1244545[/snapback]

Sorry....wasn't able to make it. I'm temporarily relocating to Portland during the weeks, back home on weekends. I have to find a place but should be back on track for next week.

Sorry....wasn't able to make it.  I'm temporarily relocating to Portland during the weeks, back home on weekends.  I have to find a place but should be back on track for next week.

1244980[/snapback]

The wine tasting is TODAY. You haven't missed it yet. Go get the wines and join us.

(or else think up a new excuse) :D

went well....

the clos was so-so... got the typical grapefruit, but was a touch bitter. i thought i got some mint in there.

the crawford was more complex. had it's grapefruit, but also gave tropical aromas and flavors. very nice.... seemed like it would go well with cheese plates, and obviously seafood. but limited range for food imo. very nice.... if i were looking for a SB, i'd go for this one.

A few things I learned for this week's wine tasting:

1) If wiegie is the one picking the wines, almost nobody will show up. :D

2) The Clos du Bois was nothing special. Mostly grapefruit like Bier mentioned above.

3) The Kim Crawford (which ranked #44 on WS's top 100 list for 2004) was quite a bit different. The tropical aromas rose aggressively from my glass and basically punched me in the face. In addition to some citrus, I got guava scents--Bier got passion fruit (and I will point out that at the end of the tasting I opened up a can of tropical fruit in passion fruit juice and got similar scents to the wine we were drinking--and the intensity of the smells wasn't much different). :D All in all, it was a pretty nice wine.

4) Drinking 2 full bottles of wine in 3 hours gives wiegie a hangover. A major hangover. So much so that three days later I still feel tired. I'm honestly not sure that I will drink the Crawford again as I'm certain that the intense aromas won't make me recall my hangover. (Although I will point out (to no one in particular :D ) that I didn't throw up).

Edited by wiegie