[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Top 10 for Next Season

jhusted

If it was draft time right now this might be was I would see the top 10 might look like....

6pts for TD rush, rec

4pts for passing TD

10yds for 1pts rush,rec

20yds for 1pts passing

-2 for INT

1. S. Alexandar SEA

2. LT SD

3. L. Johnson KC (If PH doesn't come back)

4. T. Barbar NYG

5. Edge IND

6. C. Portis WASH

7. R. Johnson CIN

8. P. Manning IND

9. C. Dillon NE

10.S. Smith CAR

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yours:

1. S. Alexandar SEA

2. LT SD

4. T. Barbar NYG

5. Edge IND

6. C. Portis WASH

7. R. Johnson CIN

8. P. Manning IND

9. C. Dillon NE

10.S. Smith CAR

Mine: (most of my leagues are 12 teams)

1. Alexander (if he stays in Seattle)

2. Johnson (even if Holmes comes back)

3. James (if he stays with Indy)

4. Barber (just keeps getting better)

5. Portis (gets better under Gibbs each year)

6. R. Johnson

7. SSmith

8. Tomlinson (not consistant and starting to get hurt)

9. CWilliams

10. CJohnson

11. Palmer

12 PManning

I would also move LJ to #1 and SA to #2. I like S. Smith, but would not make him a top 10 pick unless Carolina gets a 2nd reliable receiver. I probably would put C. Johnson at number 10. He is getting better each year. I would replace C. Dillon with Carson Palmer. Dillon was a bit too inconsistent. Palmer was very consistent and has some good WRs to throw to.

Yours:

1. S. Alexandar SEA

2. LT SD

4. T. Barbar NYG

5. Edge IND

6. C. Portis WASH

7. R. Johnson CIN

8. P. Manning IND

9. C. Dillon NE

10.S. Smith CAR

6. R. Johnson

7. SSmith

9. CWilliams

10. CJohnson

11. Palmer

12 PManning

1244908[/snapback]

Mine:

1. Alexander

2. Tomlinson

3. R. Johnson

4. L. Johnson

5. Edge

6. C. Williams

7. Barber

8. Portis

9. McAllister

10. C. Johnson

At least we know Rudi is screwed next year. Poor guy.

Yours:

1. S. Alexandar SEA

2. LT SD

4. T. Barbar NYG

5. Edge IND

6. C. Portis WASH

7. R. Johnson CIN

8. P. Manning IND

9. C. Dillon NE

10.S. Smith CAR

6. R. Johnson

7. SSmith

9. CWilliams

10. CJohnson

11. Palmer

12 PManning

1244908[/snapback]

Tomlinson inconsistent?? please. He had twenty TDs. He had a rib injury and still gutted it out for his team (probably should have taken a couple weeks off though). Who takes Portis, Barber, and Rudi Johnson over LT2? Again, even with a month of no production due to one bad injury, he had twenty TDs. Barber and Portis each had nine

Tomlinson inconsistent??  please.  He had twenty TDs.  He had a rib injury and still gutted it out for his team (probably should have taken a couple weeks off though).  Who takes Portis, Barber, and Rudi Johnson over LT2?  Again, even with a month of no production due to one bad injury, he had twenty TDs.  Barber and Portis each had nine

1244929[/snapback]

Had I owned Barber, Portis, or RJohnson, I would probably had made the PO's in the league I owned Tomlinson. He killed me.

We are talking FF lists here.... and as far as I am concerned... you have to have a high base of points each week with spikes above that base to be considered consistant. Tomlinson was NOT in any way, shape, or form, consistant. He killed his owners in the last half of the season.

Cannot believe that I turned down a straight up trade, Tomlinson for a piece of string, when it was offered. (Old time Huddlers will get that.... newbies need not ask.)

Had I owned Barber, Portis, or RJohnson, I would probably had made the PO's in the league I owned Tomlinson. He killed me.

We are talking FF lists here.... and as far as I am concerned... you have to have a high base of points each week with spikes above that base to be considered consistant. Tomlinson was NOT in any way, shape, or form, consistant. He killed his owners in the last half of the season.

Cannot believe that I turned down a straight up trade, Tomlinson for a piece of string, when it was offered. (Old time Huddlers will get that.... newbies need not ask.)

1244935[/snapback]

Yes, we're talking FF here. If you want to take a 31-year old RB who gets pulled at the goalline over LT2, I wish you luck. Given Barber's TD production the first half of the year, I'm sure many teams who had him didn't even make their league playoffs.

Yes, we're talking FF here.  If you want to take a 31-year old RB who gets pulled at the goalline over LT2, I wish you luck.  Given Barber's TD production the first half of the year, I'm sure many teams who had him didn't even make their league playoffs.

1244949[/snapback]

I really don't like the way Schottenheimer uses LT. I don't know who is calling the plays but I would use him in the passing game more by moving him around.

Since I'm never icn a league where I draft before 6 or 7 I hope LT falls to me.

I really don't like the way Schottenheimer uses LT. I don't know who is calling the plays but I would use him in the passing game more by moving him around.

1245003[/snapback]

Didn't he catch 100 balls just last year? Did the Chargers forget how to use him effectively? They need to have someone on the sidelines keep track of how many touches on the ground and in the air he gets and get that info to whoever is calling the plays. He should be getting 20-25 on the ground and at least 5 through the air each game.

If the draft was held today, I'd have to take Tomlinson #1 simply because you pretty much know what you're going to get with him. It's not a given that Alexander will be back in Seattle next year and I wouldn't want to take the chance that he ends up on a bad team. Also, I don't know who is going to be coaching the Chiefs or if Priest Holmes is going to be back and in what capacity, so I wouldn't feel comfortable taking Larry Johnson #1 right now.

So today, I'd rank them LT, SA, LJ. Of course, if SA does re-sign with Seattle and KC does get a offensive-minded coach and Priest retires, I'd probably re-order them.

As far as the rest of the top 10 today, I'd go:

4. Edge (assuming he's back with Indy)

5. Barber

6. R.Johnson

7. C. Williams

8. C.Johnson

9. C.Pennington

10. P.Manning

What's up with everyone drinking the Rudi Johnson kool-aid? I have him in my only dynasty league and he did really come on towards the end of the year AFTER Chris Henry was injured and stopped stealing a series here and there and every third down play. In fact Henry's role seemed to be increasing before his injury.

1PPR

6pts for TD rush, rec

4pts for passing TD

10yds for 1pts rush,rec

20yds for 1pts passing

-2 for INT

1. L. Johnson KC (If PH doesn't come back)

2. S. Alexander

3. LT

4. Barber

5. Edge

6. L Jordan

7. Westbrook

8. Rudi

9. Portis

10. Dillon

11. S Smith

12. P. Manning

13. Fitz

14. Palmer

15. CJ

16. SJax

17. McNabb

18. T Jones

19. Dunn

20. Boldin

extremely rough copy...but that's off the top of my head without knowing player movement, draft results, coaching changes or schedules...

What's up with everyone drinking the Rudi Johnson kool-aid?  I have him in my only dynasty league and he did really come on towards the end of the year AFTER Chris Henry was injured and stopped stealing a series here and there and every third down play.  In fact Henry's role seemed to be increasing before his injury.

1245133[/snapback]

Possible I'm overrating him. I drafted him at 1.15 and thought it was a horrible pick at the time.