[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Top 10 for Next Season

jhusted

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say Willie Parker should get the hype next year the KJones got this preseason, but is in a betterposition to deliver, even if Bettis returns (and if he retires, look out for Willy): he's been in the same offense for 3 years now, he's clearly can handle a 25 carry game, and Rothlisberger made quiet strides this year so D's can no longer tee-off on the running game and force him to throw - he will.

I'd put him ahead of Duece, RJohnson, Dillon and wouldprobably take him over any QB as well. Maybe a WR or 2 ahead of him but he's a top 8 RB for next year and should be a first rounder.

What's up with everyone drinking the Rudi Johnson kool-aid?  I have him in my only dynasty league and he did really come on towards the end of the year AFTER Chris Henry was injured and stopped stealing a series here and there and every third down play.  In fact Henry's role seemed to be increasing before his injury.

1245133[/snapback]

Henry is a WR. Chris PERRY is the guy you're talking about and he only missed a game or two. The bottom line with Rudi is that he's a solid yardage guy who gets the goal-line carries on a GREAT offense. He easily could have had 18-20 TDs this year. His early-season TD draught was just a fluke, in my opinion.

As far as the rest of the top 10 today, I'd go:

4. L. Jordan

5. Edge (assuming he's back with Indy)

6. Barber

7. R.Johnson

8. C. Williams

9. C.Johnson

10. P.Manning

1245077[/snapback]

Fixed.

Speaking of which, I'd definitely have Jordan in my top-10 somewhere. I mean, there are obvious questions involved... Will Oakland's talented O-line can't play better than it did this year? Will the new coach stretch the field more often to open up the run? Will the defense be better?....but I still believe Jordan's numbers were outstanding, considering the terrible performance of the offense in general.

So who's the draft choice or FA move that cracks the list?

Kevin Jones and yeah I am serious

he will be at a bargain draft slot similar to that of Rudi and Tiki this past year

Edited by keggerz

Kevin Jones and yeah I am serious

he will be at a bargain draft slot similar to that of Rudi and Tiki this past year

1245794[/snapback]

I think he meant "who's the rookie or FA who cracks the list?" Bush = rookie, Lewis = FA.

I think Chris Brown could make some noise somewhere IF the Titans don't re-sign him and IF he can stay healthy. The former is more likely than the latter. In fact, the former will be the CAUSE of the latter.

I might get bashed for this but I could see C. Palmer cracking the top 10. Great running game, 1 great #1WR and complentary #2's, solid O-Lone. The way he played this year makes me think of taking him over Manning.

I think he meant "who's the rookie or FA who cracks the list?" Bush = rookie, Lewis = FA.

I think Chris Brown could make some noise somewhere IF the Titans don't re-sign him and IF he can stay healthy. The former is more likely than the latter. In fact, the former will be the CAUSE of the latter.

1245863[/snapback]

well doesn't matter what he meant I think KJ could be a top 10 guy next yr...

if you dont agree I will trade you Jamal for him in GMX :D

What's DMD's excellent theory about top 10 RBs from year to year again? How many will most likely not return? What's that article 2 or 3 years old now, maybe time for an update if it's that old. :D

But I digress. I can see 2006 being the exception to the rule about a large turn-over.

The top 10 on tHPSS were:

Alexander

L. Johnson

Barber

Tomlinson

James

Portis

Jordan

R. Johnson

T. Jones

M. Anderson

Candidates:

C. Williams

T. Bell

R. Brown or R. Williams if one leaves

S. Jackson

C. Dillon

W. Parker if Bettis retires

D. Davis if he gets healthy

D. McAllister if he gets healthy

W. McGahee

D. Foster

B. Westbrook if he gets healthy

J. Jones

K. Jones

J. Lewis

rookies

Of the Candidates I really only like Williams, McGahee, Jackson, T Bell and Parker but I only see Anderson dropping from the top 10 unless someone gets hurt but then that's not a pre-season factor when ranking anyways.

I might get bashed for this but I could see C. Palmer cracking the top 10.  Great running game, 1 great #1WR and complentary #2's, solid O-Lone.  The way he played this year makes me think of taking him over Manning.

1245874[/snapback]

Don't overlook Chris Henry as a WR in yer drafts next year either. IMHO. I was hping the Cowboys would draft him this year. F'n Bengals.

The RB position as a whole is very interesting next year. I'd say all these guys have potential.

Tiki, Portis, T. Jones, K. Jones, Caddy, Foster, Deuce, SA, SJax, Brown/Ricky if 1 is moved, McGahee, Rudi, Parker, Lewis, Edge, Bush, Bell, LJ, LT, and Jordan

That's 20 RB's who could be top 10ish and it wouldn't be shocking and I left out some borderline guys as well. The RB position is pretty deep BUT RISKY if you ask me.

• 4 months later...

:D An oldie.

Interseting that Deuce was in the top 10, but with Reggie there now he should drop even more. I think with Palmer also still rehabbing Rudi will be leaned on a ittle more and should be top 7 or 8, even with Perry there.