[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What did I tell you ..........

theprofessor

Over-rated again!

1245320[/snapback]

If you think they are over-rated what team would you replace them with? The Irish are back and will be a force for years to come.... and no I'm not a Homer.

:D Let's go Horns....

brady quinn,brady quinn, brady quinn,brady quinn, geez Muffburger and Danielson want to do him...............

1245333[/snapback]

laura quinn,laura quinn, laura quinn,laura quinn, geez I want to do her...............

All Notre Dame proved today, was that they got too much credit for a quality loss. They were overmatched by a superior Ohio State team. That being said, Oregon, Miami, and Auburn, all proved they were less than worthy, so I guess Notre Dame was a solid choice after all.

1245418[/snapback]

Yep, assuming Penn State takes care of business on Tuesday, there appears to be a big drop off after the top 4 teams (USC, TX, PSU and OSU). I would still put the Rose bowl loser in there even if its a blowout...

Back from the game and party and i'm very happy :D

The Bucks D played a great game, Notre Dame had no answer for Ginn ,and Smith was able to throw to anyone he wanted, the Irish D was really horrible. Bucks gave up the ball twice and missed two FG's or this game would have been MUCH uglier than the final score showed. Got alot of pictures and i'll be putting some up in the next few days.

Everyone was saying the Oregon deserved to go in leau of OSU, i really don't know who you'd expect to go if it weren't Notre Dame. I would have liked to seen LSU, i think they were the best team outside the BCS.

:D O-H

:D I-O

Edited by theeohiostate

Back from the game and party and i'm very happy  :D

1245547[/snapback]

Good for you, dude! What a great experience. And yes, I'm still jealous, but I'm more jealous of droobie. Waiting for an update on his big road trip. At least the rain is stopping...

I was just thinking that Texas beat Ohio State. The Texas D did a very good job against the OSU offense, and with the exception of the turnovers, the offense did a decent job against the defense. Notre Dame was one fortutious fumble away from beating USC. So does this game coupled with VY increased confidence in his young receiving corps make anyone else have more confidence in Texas for the national championship?

I was just thinking that Texas beat Ohio State.  The Texas D did a very good job against the OSU offense, and with the exception of the turnovers, the offense did a decent job against the defense.  Notre Dame was one fortutious fumble away from beating USC.  So does this game coupled with VY increased confidence in his young receiving corps make anyone else have more confidence in Texas for the national championship?

1245696[/snapback]

It was early in the season for both teams. OSU didn't even have Smith which has paid huge dividends for them. I think OSU could beat Texas now.

Back from the game and party and i'm very happy  :D

The Bucks D played a great game, Notre Dame had no answer for Ginn ,and Smith was able to throw to anyone he wanted, the Irish D was really horrible. Bucks gave up the ball twice and missed two FG's or this game would have been MUCH uglier than the final score showed. Got alot of pictures and i'll be putting some up in the next few days.

Everyone was saying the Oregon deserved to go in leau of OSU, i really don't know who you'd expect to go if it weren't Notre Dame.  I would have liked to seen LSU, i think they were the best team outside the BCS.

:D  O-H

:D I-O

1245547[/snapback]

Congrats TOS - OSU was clearly the superior team.

That being said, please tell me you were at least a LITTLE nervous on 3rd and 11 in the 4th quarter with the Irish down by 7. Troy pulls a Houdini and converts and then they ice it on the long run. If the Irish stop them there who knows what would have happened...

The Irish hung in there even though they were obviously outmanned, and still had a chance to tie it up in the fourth if they could have held - not the way I wanted to see the season end, but I'm looking forward to next year.

I'm awaiting my new avi :D please be kind...

It was early in the season for both teams. OSU didn't even have Smith which has paid huge dividends for them. I think OSU could beat Texas now.

1245970[/snapback]

Texas is a far better team now than at the start of the season. No way OSU beats Texas now, in Columbus or a neutral field, and I think OSU is d@mn good. But Texas is starting a freshman tailback, who wasnt a factor in that game, have a wr corp that was very raw in that game, and VY is alot better now than in week 2 or 3.

Notre Dame most certainly deserved to be in a BCS bowl. They were beaten by the 4 team in the country who lost to the #2 and #3 team by just a handful of points. Who would you put in that deserved to go more than Notre Dame. LSU? well if they would have beaten Ga who got beat by West Virgina they would have made it. Miami, get real, Va Tecdh couldnt beat Fla St to get an automatic berth. Oregon, a 4 loss OU team beat them. Auburn, Wisconsin answered that. Notre Dame is solid, but not good enough to beat OSU.

Notre Dame most certainly deserved to be in a BCS bowl.  They were beaten by the 4 team in the country who lost to the #2 and #3 team by just a handful of points.    Who would you put in that deserved to go more than Notre Dame.  LSU? well if they would have beaten Ga who got beat by West Virgina they would have made it.  Miami, get real,  Va Tecdh couldnt beat Fla St to get an automatic berth.  Oregon, a 4 loss OU team beat them.  Auburn, Wisconsin answered that.  Notre Dame is solid, but not good enough to beat OSU.

1246052[/snapback]

Any number of teams ..... West Virginia, Oregon, UCLA, LSU. Hell, ND only beat two teams with a winning record all year. Charlie Weiss, Coach of The Year? Come on ........... :D

Any number of teams ..... West Virginia, Oregon, UCLA, LSU. Hell, ND  only beat two teams with a winning record all year. Charlie Weiss, Coach of The Year? Come on ........... :D

1249121[/snapback]

Hey McFly, West Virgina was in the BCS. Oregon couldnt beat 4 loss OU, and UCLA was killed by USC, that Notre Dame had beat. LSU had a chance and couldnt take care of Georgia. Even after the fact I think Notre Dame was the best pick available. Face it OSU beat em, and are a better team. Does that mean GA didnt deserve to go either. Sure sounds like sour grapes to me.

Hey McFly, West Virgina was in the BCS.  Oregon couldnt beat 4 loss OU, and UCLA was killed by USC, that Notre Dame had beat.  LSU had a chance and couldnt take care of Georgia.  Even after the fact I think Notre Dame was the best pick available.  Face it OSU beat em, and are a better team.  Does that mean GA didnt deserve to go either.  Sure sounds like sour grapes to me.

1249150[/snapback]

And UCLA destroyed the Sooners, if I recall. So did this make UCLA much better than both the Ducks and the Sooners? This kind of 'IF so and so beat so and so, THEN...' reasoning never holds up for long. It is not a geometric theorem-kind of solid logic. You know better than that...where did you go to school again?

And UCLA destroyed the Sooners, if I recall.  So did this make UCLA much better than both the Ducks and the Sooners?  This kind of 'IF so and so beat so and so, THEN...' reasoning never holds up for long.  It is not a geometric theorem-kind of solid logic.  You know better than that...where did you go to school again?

1249303[/snapback]

Lets keep in perspective UCLA beat OU in Bomars 2nd college start as a freshman QB, and Peterson was injured. Bomar is looking impressive now, and AP is healthy. OU would roll UCLA now, and even you know it.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

• 2 weeks later...
Lets keep in perspective UCLA beat OU in Bomars 2nd college start as a freshman QB, and Peterson was injured.  Bomar is looking impressive now, and AP is healthy.  OU would roll UCLA now, and even you know it.

1249330[/snapback]

Man-Up! Why can't you admit when your team gets throttled that they were not the BEST team. That they got beat by a better team. UCLA totally dominated the lowly Sooners!! The same Bruins that USC beat by 47 points.

:D PAC-10 FOOTBALL!!

Man-Up! Why can't you admit when your team gets throttled that they were not the BEST team. That they got beat by a better team. UCLA totally dominated the lowly Sooners!! The same Bruins that USC beat by 47 points.

:D PAC-10 FOOTBALL!!

1277275[/snapback]

Lets see bomars 2nd college start as a freshman QB, he fumbles 3 times, 2 in the final quarter, Peterson was dinged up from the week before, and UCLA wins 41-24, leading only 20-17 with 13 mins left to play in the game. I wouldnt call that dominated. Those 2 late turnovers make the final score more lopsided than the game was for 3 + quarters. And I think all Sooner fans remember all too well it took Bomar till the 4th game of the season to finally throw his first TD pass. OU was pathetic throwing the ball until midway through the season. Obviously the team on that day, wasnt even close to the team that beat down Oregon.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=252600026

BTW, what did Lil Stoops do to UCLA. 3-8 Arizona kicked the snot out of Arizona 52-17, and they . Any given Saturday.

Lets just say Oregon was biatching about not making the BCS, until Ou kicked their ass. SC lost to Texas. Yep, that is Puke - 10 football, the 2 best teams in the conference go down to the #1 and #3 in the Big 12. :D

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

While I agree... Oklahoma at the end of the year is better than UCLA at the end of the year, I wouldn't say that Oklahoma beat down the Ducks. It was 17-14, and Adrian Peterson should have ran over them more than he did. Oregon wasn't exactly known for having a vaunted defense or anything. A win is a win, but lets put it in perspective, the game was a 3 point game, and close throughout the game with both defenses making plays.