[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Reggie Bush did not deserve the Heisman

Sgt. Ryan

Vince Young?? as an NFL QB??? don't see it happening. I think we are all seeing with Vick that the athletic QB that does not spread the ball around, hit the right options, make the necesssary throws is not working. And Vick is a better athlete, and has a stronger arm than Young. Nice college player though-

1247339[/snapback]

Before this year I would have agreed with you. Now, I'd have to say you are wrong. VY is biggert than Vick, and has a stronger arm than Vick. They are very comparable in speed. The biggest difference this year is that VY has become accurate all of a sudden. VY has improved each and every year, to where now he has the highest QB rating in the NCAA. So to try to say VY is one dimensional is just stuupid.

:D

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before this year I would have agreed with you.  Now, I'd have to say you are wrong.  VY is biggert than Vick, and has a stronger arm than Vick.  They are very comparable in speed.  The biggest difference this year is that VY has become accurate all of a sudden.  VY has improved each and every year, to where now he has the highest QB rating in the NCAA.  So to try to say VY is one dimensional is just stuupid.

1248033[/snapback]

And he's a proven winner. Seems to be a pretty good decision maker. Can obviously beat you with his legs... and now his arm. The comparisons to Vick are not as accurate as those to a younger McNair or faster Culpepper. He'll be a solid NFL QB.

And he's a proven winner.  Seems to be a pretty good decision maker.  Can obviously beat you with his legs... and now his arm.  The comparisons to Vick are not as accurate as those to a younger McNair or faster Culpepper.  He'll be a solid NFL QB.

1248051[/snapback]

Fair enough- totally disagree- I don't think he is in the same ballpark as McNair or CPepp throwing the football. VY has some of the worst throwing mechanics I have seen on a big time college QB. The way the NFL has evolved, the days of QB's beating you with their legs is over.

As a future starting QB in the NFL?? he is a project.

Clearly dumb statements like this are why your missed so much :D

Bush had more votes then ANY OTHER winner in HISTORY and i'd like to know who you are to speak so far off the wall it's borderline dotardness.

Bush will be a MUCH better pro then Young, Young is so raw, it'll take him a several years to develop and i don't see that kind of patience with any NFL team. He'll get his shot to start, but it's obvious he can't read a defense and he'll be sidelined or selling steakknifes after 3 years.

Vince Young is worth taking a shot on. I disagree on the arm strength vs Vick. Vick has an amazing cannon.

Young is definately worth taking a shot on, simply cuz the guy has heart. He single handidly beat Michigan, and Ohio State in back to back games, 2 very good teams I might add. The game against Ohio State he showed a ton of guts.

One of the reasons Leinart didn't come out last year was a hernia and elbow injury that were worse than they appeared.  He was worried about disappointing in the combine.  Yes, he may be #5 instead of #1 this year, but he'll make plenty of money and can continue to work on arm strength in the pros.

And I respectfully disagree with Sarge re: Bush.  You're also forgetting his great performance in the ND game.  "The Push" is now legendary...

1247218[/snapback]

idiot

WOW,

After reading your post, I am convinced your just looking for an argument, NO??

1246219[/snapback]

Yeah those games with 500 yards weren't deserving at all unless he went to Texas or Oklahoma. :D

Vince Young is worth taking a shot on. I disagree on the arm strength vs Vick. Vick has an amazing cannon.

1248243[/snapback]

Why do you even comment on something you obviously know nothing about. Vince has a cannon as well. But he is more accurate with his.

Im sorry, Bush is great no doubt, but he did not deserve the Heisman Trophy.  You take bush off SC and they still probably go undefeated. You take Leinart off and they lose 3 games.  SC has the greatest offense in college football history playing in one of the weakest conferences in America.  Leinart is the only guy you take off this team and they dont win 10 games.  Leinart is more valuable to that team than Bush. 

That being said, where would Texas be without Vince Young.  He is as electric as Bush, doesnt play special teams, so doesnt get those gravey all purpose yards, but has the ball in his hands on every offensive play.  Young is by far the most deserving of the award this yr, and was screwed by the performance of Bush in 2 games Fresno St and UCLA.  Bush had several games he didnt have 100 total yards, and wasnt even a factor in the teams success.  Young was the biggest factor in every Texas win. 

No let me finish saying Bush is great, and should be a first round pick.  But how could a team pass on Leinart or Young at the next level for a Rb like Bush who is likely to only carry the ball 15 times a game, with 5 catches plus return punts.  If Im New Orleans Im happy as hell knowing Houston is taking Bush or trading the pick to a Bush lover and Im getting leinart.  Leinart in a dome will not be as exposed as Penny in the crazy winds of New York.  That offense is loaded with talent, just needs a coach with direction.  Leinart could put up Manning like stats early on with that porous defense the Aints have.

1246150[/snapback]

Bush deserved the Heisman. Megan Fox ....

If the nation voted tomorrow.  Vince would walk away with the Heisman.  Just as I said before the game.

1248770[/snapback]

But the Nation DOES NOT vote tomorrow and Bush clearly deserved the Heisman. Bush :D will be a star in the NFL while Young is destined for NFL Europe with a future as a free Safety! :D

Edited by theprofessor

Not a HUGH college fan here, but will offer my opinion on the following:

There's a significant difference between a 5'10 220 lb. back and a 6'0 200 lb. back. If Bush bulks up, like he'll have to, he may lose some of his speed. It would be interesting to know what the RB's that Wildcat listed weighed coming out of college, that would probably help settle the score. One succesful college back that is taller and doesn't have the mass to back it up is Chris Brown (6'3 220), as his NFL injury history readily proves.

1247538[/snapback]

Add Fred Taylor...6-1, 225.

Young is definately worth taking a shot on, simply cuz the guy has heart. He single handidly beat Michigan, and Ohio State in back to back games, 2 very good teams I might add. The game against Ohio State he showed a ton of guts.

1248243[/snapback]

Add USC to that list now. Amazing game.

And I'd like to add, I saw replays of "The Push" and it looked to me like Bush barely got a hand on Leinart to push him anywhere.

But the Nation DOES NOT vote tomorrow and Bush clearly deserved the Heisman. Bush  :D will be a star in the NFL while Young is destined for NFL Europe with a future as a free Safety!  :D

1248836[/snapback]

Bush wont make the corner in the NFL, and to steal a line from my buddly Slick, will be the next eric metcalf.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

Excuse me?? 6'0 200 is a "good bit different" than 5'11 211??  :D 

Ahh, the Bush/Faulk comparisons are right on. Bush will add 10-15 lbs no problem, and I am sure will play at around 215. Faulk, as he has gotten older has put on some weight. The early Faulk was the same size as Bush. I think Bush will be fine in the pros- his size is right in line with Alexander, Barber, LT,  Priest, CMart, and on and on. He is Barry Sanders like in that defenders rarely get big shots on him, he will excel in the NFL with his game changing ability- he is flat out a special back. I think Leinart has the ability to be a good solid QB, but as difficult as playing QB in the NFL can be, he could flounder as well. Vince Young?? as an NFL QB??? don't see it happening. I think we are all seeing with Vick that the athletic QB that does not spread the ball around, hit the right options, make the necesssary throws is not working. And Vick is a better athlete, and has a stronger arm than Young. Nice college player though-

1247339[/snapback]

No one is Barry Sanders like but Barry!!!!!! He earned about 90% of the yards he gained in Detroit. Bush goes to an NFL team with the likes of Detroit's O-line when Barry was there and he wont survive more than 2 years!! IMO Peyton is the only other RB that is in a league with Barry, period!!! If Sanders plays for Dallas instead of Emmit he shatters the single season record by 500 yards!!!!!!! What a joke......Comparing Bush to Sanders

No one is Barry Sanders like but Barry!!!!!! He earned about 90% of the yards he gained in Detroit. Bush goes to an NFL team with the likes of Detroit's O-line when Barry was there and he wont survive more than 2 years!! IMO Peyton is the only other RB that is in a league with Barry, period!!! If Sanders plays for Dallas instead of Emmit he shatters the single season record by 500 yards!!!!!!! What a joke......Comparing Bush to Sanders

1248957[/snapback]

:D Barry

Lemme see.  What was the Heisman winner doing on the most important offensive play of the game for USC last night?

Oh yeah, standing on the sidelines sipping gatorade...

1249172[/snapback]

Thats one decision I wish we had back...