[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Reggie Bush did not deserve the Heisman

Sgt. Ryan

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why?  It was the right call, IMHO.

1249216[/snapback]

Not that they went for it, but how they did it. With both Bush and White on the field, the whole D can't stack the line cuz they wouldn't know who gets it and where its going...

Not that they went for it, but how they did it.  With both Bush and White on the field, the whole D can't stack the line cuz they wouldn't know who gets it and where its going...

1249324[/snapback]

I said out loud about two playes before that play that White looked tired. He'll need to work on that in the off season if I'm right and he's the 2006 ORoY.

Edit: I didn't realize; however, that Bush wasn't on the field. I was drinking Crown and Coke.

Edited by Clubfoothead

I said out loud about two playes before that play that White looked tired.  He'll need to work on that in the off season if I'm right and he's the 2006 ORoY.

1249337[/snapback]

White will be drafted later than Bush to a better team, so OROY certainly isnt out of the question for him.

He'll get his shot to start, but it's obvious he can't read a defense and he'll be sidelined or selling steakknifes after 3 years.

1248181[/snapback]

Oh my God. I have seen some stupid statements on this board, but that has to be the dumbest statement I have ever seen in my life. Yes there are many questions about Young being a Pro QB. But if you think that Young can't read a defense, then you have absolutely no clue about what kind of offense Texas runs, and what is involved. By the way, Young's passing rating for the season going into the Rose Bowl (I have not seen the numbers for after the game) was higher than Leinart’s. If you had watched all of UTs games this year, then you would know that Young’s passing was more important than his running in all but two of them. I am not suggesting that Young is a better NFL prospect than Leinart, and Leinart certainly fits the mold of a NFL QB. However, if after watching that game, you can so easily dismiss Young, then in my humble opinion you are an idiot. Ryan Leaf had everything that you could ask for in a NFL QB, except he was dead inside, he had no heart. And yes Bush deserved the Hiesman, and I have no problem with him winning it. However, on Wednesday Jan 4th, Young proved that he was a better college player than Bush, on that night.

Not that they went for it, but how they did it.  With both Bush and White on the field, the whole D can't stack the line cuz they wouldn't know who gets it and where its going...

1249324[/snapback]

I disagree. White had been pounding it down the middle of the Texan's defense all day. I was rooting for Texas and was shocked they didn't get it.

Lendale kept SC in the game.  If Bush was the only back, SC gets blown out.

1249310[/snapback]

Seriously do you even watch the games? Yeah, White was a monster in the game, but you seriously believe that USC gets blown out? Leinart wasn't nearly flawless in the 2nd half? You don't think that maybe USC woulda had a different gameplan. White had a tremendous game, but to say he "kept them in it" is suggesting that Texas dominated the football game. That is not the case at all. The game was evenly matched. I mean if you want to play that game, why don't you take away Vince Young. What woulda happened then? Sarge... please, try your hardest to ACT like you're somewhat smart when it comes to this stuff. All you do is make yourself look like a fool.

You make it seem like Reggie Bush was just a helpless little kid in this game. First of all Texas came into the game clearly doing everything they could to stop Bush. But yet he still managed to average 6.3 YPC in the game. He only had 82 yards rushing. Now I understand, that when a guy averages 133 Yds per game, you expect a little more, so most view this as a "bad" game, when in reality it was just an off game for Bush. White had 7 more carries in the game. The way I viewed this game, and maybe I'm just off my rocker, but it looked to me as if the USC coaching staff made those things called adjustments, you know, what coaches are supposed to do, and saw that Lendale was, getting whatever he wanted up the middle, because Texas was very focused on not letting Bush get outside. So really Sarge... the true answer is... if Lendale didn't play, we really don't have a clue as to what would happen. But what if Bush got 7 more carries? Seems to me with a 6.3 average, he was doing pretty good. At least the last I checked, 6.3 is pretty good. Again, it's all about perspective. Bush averaged over 8 per carry for the year, so clearly, no doubt, this was an off game, but it seems to me that if Lendale didn't play (which he did, so the fact that you're even making that stupid point is stupid in itself) they might have tried a little harder to find more ways to get Bush the ball.

Edited by GWPFFL BrianW

You make it seem like Reggie Bush was just a helpless little kid in this game. First of all Texas came into the game clearly doing everything they could to stop Bush. But yet he still managed to average 6.3 YPC in the game. He only had 82 yards rushing.

1261257[/snapback]

I do not really disagree with anything in this post, but if I own an NFL franchise, and I need a RB, I am hoping I have a pick around #5. I would rather have White, than Bush. Certainly, Bush has tremendous upside, but he also has a big down side. IMO, I think that it is very possible that White has a better NFL career than Bush. Then again, who would have every thought that Holmes would have done what he did. Holmes spent more time at UT as a back-up, than a starter.