[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

When you hate both teams, who do you root for.

Sgt. Ryan

I still think OU had the better team last yr, but were embarassed, so its a moot point. OU was undisiplined, then went away from their game plan when they got down, and it snowballed.

Texas finally beat my boys for the first time in 5 yrs, and if they win this game will no doubt mop up in recruiting next season.

Im going back and forth who I want to win. At work, in Big D, everyone is giving me Athena about Texas, so if they win, it will no doubt get worse tomorrow. I just hate SC, and want to see Leinart flop in his final game. I want Vince Young to win the Championship, but not Mack Brown.

So who the hell do I root for. :D

You root for Texas, just like I rooted for Zero U last year.  It is better for the conference as a whole if Texas wins.

1247308[/snapback]

Can Mack Brown get sick and not coach tonight. I would then root for Texas whole heartedly. I just dont think Texas wins games because of him, but instead despite him. If Texas does win it all, it may make Vince Youngs decision that much easier to turn pro, as he will have accompished everything at this level.

If they score first they win, if not, game over.

1247317[/snapback]

Im not sure about scoring first. OU stopped SC last yr, marched right down the field and scored and I thought this is going to be a blow out. Well it was, but not by the team I thought at that time. Adjustments are key in this game. the team that is able to adjust and stop the other the best should win.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

I still think OU had the better team last yr, but were embarassed, so its a moot point.  OU was undisiplined, then went away from their game plan when they got down, and it snowballed.

Texas finally beat my boys for the first time in 5 yrs, and if they win this game will no doubt mop up in recruiting next season.

Im going back and forth who I want to win.  At work, in Big D, everyone is giving me Athena about Texas, so if they win, it will no doubt get worse tomorrow.  I just hate SC, and want to see Leinart flop in his final game.  I want Vince Young to win the Championship, but not Mack Brown. 

So who the hell do I root for.    :D

1247301[/snapback]

Root for an entertaining bit of football.

As a Michigan fan, I was torn watching OSU-Notre Dame. My hatred for OSU football runs much deeper than any desire to see the Big Eleven conference perform well. I would rather see OSU lose than Michigan win. But I hate to see Notre Dame win, too. I live in Ohio and am surrounding by Notre Dame rooting Catholics. I'll never understand the reason why such a large majority of the Catholics I know like Notre Dame despite no real connection.

I'm just rooting for both teams to play hard like PSU and FSU did last night. I hope its a good game, but I just don't think Texas has the killer d to stop USC. There defense is good, but not great. It's been a strange bowl season though, so anything can happen, I must admit, I wasn't as confident about USC as I was 2 weeks ago. If I was playing for Texas I'd be so angry about all the hype around USC. You got Herbstreit and May on every sportscenter comparing the 05' Trojans to every great team of the past, and they hadn't even won the 05' Championship yet. That right there would be motivation enough, never mind it's for the national championship. Eerily similar to 2002, when people were hyping Miami up as if they could beat the 02 Bengals. Ohio State, no doubt came in with a chip on there shoulder. However, this Texas defense isn't near the defense of the 02' Buckeyes, and this USC offense is light years ahead of the 02' Canes offense.