[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2007 National Champs

Sgt. Ryan

Vince makes alot of people forget Mack and Davis simply are average coachs. 

1283550[/snapback]

You will never admit to there being anything but average or worse coaches, outside of Stoops. Since, it has been proven that Stoops will not win the National Championship every year, having an "average" coach should not pose any problem to winning another National Championship, in the near future, without Vince.

DJ was a freak as a freshman, he wasnt any better when he left, maybe faster, bigger and stronger. 

1283550[/snapback]

I have no idea why statements such as this are so common in your posts. They are so ridicules that they can't possibly serve any purpose. If you are simply trying to piss people off, I promise you that it is not going to work with me, I could careless. I have seen no indication that it has any impact on any of the other UT fans on the board. Seems to me, that all it does is cause people to discount anything else you say.

Whatever floats your boat.

You will never admit to there being anything but average or worse coaches, outside of Stoops.  Since, it has been proven that Stoops will not win the National Championship every year, having an "average" coach should not pose any problem to winning another National Championship, in the near future, without Vince.

I have no idea why statements such as this are so common in your posts.  They are so ridicules that they can't possibly serve any purpose.  If you are simply trying to piss people off, I promise you that it is not going to work with me, I could careless.  I have seen no indication that it has any impact on any of the other UT fans on the board.  Seems to me, that all it does is cause people to discount anything else you say.

Whatever floats your boat.

1283858[/snapback]

Mel Kiper for years said exactly what Im saying, that players in that program rarely develop to their potential, as players do in other programs. That my friend is coaching. I aint trying to get under your skin, yet. but be rest assured come Red river Shoot out Week , Ill be the Menudo of this forum.

Sooner Nation Baby.

Should be an interesting year in college football--not just in the southwest part of the country-seems like there are at least six teams next year that can take it all. I'm an LSU fan, but I just don't see them playing for the championship next year. Of all the teams I watched Penn State might have a very good chance.

Mel Kiper for years said exactly what Im saying, that players in that program rarely develop to their potential, as players do in other programs. 

1284327[/snapback]

IMO, this is a reasonable statement, worth discussion. My response might be something along the lines, that there is some evidence that at times UT has had problems developing certain types of players in certain positions, to their full potential. However, I think the use of the word rarely is overstating the situation. I am not convinced that the problem is any worse than anywhere else. All programs have issues with developing some players at some time. I do not believe that Leonard Davis ever played close to his potential in college. However, in general, UT has a very good reputation for identifying, recruiting and developing Offensive Lineman. Same is true for D-Backs. Clearly, over the years, there have been QB issues.

QUOTE(Sgt. Ryan @ 1/23/06 1:03pm)

DJ was a freak as a freshman, he wasnt any better when he left, maybe faster, bigger and stronger.

IMO, this is a ridiculous statement, which does not warrant any reply.

Should be an interesting year in college football--not just in the southwest part of the country-seems like there are at least six teams next year that can take  it all. I'm an LSU fan, but I just don't see them playing for the championship next year. Of all the teams I watched Penn State might have a very good chance.

1285538[/snapback]

As a LSU fan, what is your opinion on Peralux (sp?). Does he have the potential to be the real deal? Does not seem like he has impressed anyone at LSU, but I just do not follow the situation at all. Seems to me that he has to be beating himself senseless over his decision to go to LSU. He could not possibly have asked for a better situation then he would have had here. Especially since with him here, there would not have been the need to completely overhaul the UT offensive scheme

IMO, this is a reasonable statement, worth discussion.  My response might be something along the lines, that there is some evidence that at times UT has had problems developing certain types of players in certain positions, to their full potential.  However, I think the use of the word rarely is overstating the situation.  I am not convinced that the problem is any worse than anywhere else.  All programs have issues with developing some players at some time.  I do not believe that Leonard Davis ever played close to his potential in college.  However, in general, UT has a very good reputation for identifying, recruiting and developing Offensive Lineman.  Same is true for D-Backs.  Clearly, over the years, there have been QB issues.

QUOTE(Sgt. Ryan @ 1/23/06 1:03pm)

IMO, this is a ridiculous statement, which does not warrant any reply.

1285752[/snapback]

As a lifelong fan of the KC Chiefs, I'm pretty happy with the way Johnson turned out :D

Would be surprised to see Perrilloux playing in the next two years at LSU-there hasn't been any talk of anyone transferring from LSU either. I totally agree about his screwup-for not enrolling at UT.

1285835[/snapback]

Sometimes I wonder where these guys are getting thier advise. No way he could know that UT wins the NC and/or Vince leaves as a junior, but worst case senerio is he spends his Soph season as the clear #2 behind Vince in 2006, with two years as the apparent starter. Now, there is a good chance he spends his Soph and Junior year at #3. Not to mention that with Vince, you know that UT is going to be running an offense that will highlight his skills. That could easily end up being a $50 MM mistake.

Sometimes I wonder where these guys are getting thier advise.  No way he could know that UT wins the NC and/or Vince leaves as a junior, but worst case senerio is he spends his Soph season as the clear #2 behind Vince in 2006, with two years as the apparent starter.  Now, there is a good chance he spends his Soph and Junior year at #3.  Not to mention that with Vince, you know that UT is going to be running an offense that will highlight his skills.  That could easily end up being a $50 MM mistake.

1285939[/snapback]

Arent we going a lil overboard here. Texas finally after 5 yrs beat OU, and won a Conference title under Mack Brown. Chalk that up to Vince Young. Texas had an unbelieveable yr, but to say this QB would succeed there, look at Chris Simms, he couldnt succeed there. Major Applewhite lost to OU as well, and Vince is 1-2 vs OU. What Qb has Texas ever had make $50 M. So if its never been done, how is this guy making that kind of mistake? Vince may get those kind of dollars one day, but do you really think there are alot of Vince Youngs out there. There is only 1, I hate to break that to you, and he is now gone. Texas before this yr has never won a conference title, maybe this kid saw that LSU just won a National Title and are loaded again, and wanted to be apart of that. Maybe his advise was Mack Brown cant coach and this yr Texas won in despite him, not because of him. Cause that is certainly the way I see it, and I bet every SC fan out there thinks the same way, without Vince, this team wins maybe 10 games. And next yr Texas will be without Vince. :D

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

OSU beats WVU in the secondary Fiesta Bowl for the national title.

Oklahoma at 8-3 is nowhere to be found. :D

1286908[/snapback]

corrected :D

I don't know how in the hell, OU loses 3 games in that weakass Big12 next season, without Young playing. If they do, then Stoops will have some heat on.

Texas before this yr has never won a conference title,

1286830[/snapback]

You need to qualify that with "under Mack Brown". Texas has had some pretty decent QB's, and has had some QB's that have beat OU 4 years in a row, it has just been a while. Major was a very good college QB, that got shafted for daddy's boy. That being said, Texas has always been primarily known as a running school. It is totally understandable why a QB would pass on them. The only reason Texas got Vince is because too many people were afraid of his unorthidox throwing motion to go after him as hard as Texas did.

Arent we going a lil overboard here. 

1286830[/snapback]

The point being made had nothing to do with coaching, talent levels or national championships. The only point being made was that in one situation he had two scholarship QBs ahead of him, both of whose eligibility will not end until he is a senior. In the other situation he only had one scholarship QB ahead of him, who's eligibility would have ended when he is a Junior. In addition, the QB ahead of him was a highly touted dual threat QB, as he is. Therefore he had the expectation of an offense being in place, that would highlight his skills.

It is very difficult to play in the NFL, if you do not start in College. Not impossible, but very difficult. I just questioned the decision making process.

As I pointed out in the original post, there is no way he could have know that he could have ended up starting as Soph, for a team coming off of a NC season, after having spent two years working side by side with a QB that is probably the most talked about player going into the NFL draft. However, sometimes we have to put ourselves into the position, to be the recipient of good fortune.

• 2 weeks later...
The point being made had nothing to do with coaching, talent levels or national championships.  The only point being made was that in one situation he had two scholarship QBs ahead of him, both of whose eligibility will not end until he is a senior.  In the other situation he only had one scholarship QB ahead of him, who's eligibility would have ended when he is a Junior.  In addition, the QB ahead of him was a highly touted dual threat QB, as he is.  Therefore he had the expectation of an offense being in place, that would highlight his skills.

It is very difficult to play in the NFL, if you do not start in College.  Not impossible, but very difficult.  I just questioned the decision making process.

As I pointed out in the original post, there is no way he could have know that he could have ended up starting as Soph, for a team coming off of a NC season, after having spent two years working side by side with a QB that is probably the most talked about player going into the NFL draft.  However, sometimes we have to put ourselves into the position, to be the recipient of good fortune.

1287275[/snapback]

If you are good, you dont worry about who is ahead of you. Besides whos to say even if this kid is good, Mack wont bench him for the next Chris Simms when Major was obviously better. And Id bet the fact Mack was teh coach is the reason he headed to Baton Rouge more than anything else. That tool got lucky he found Vince, and the whole nation knows that. Cause without Vince TEXAS, OUR TEXAS, OH HAIL THE MIGHTY STATE, TEXAS OUR TEXAS, SO WONDERFUL AND GREAT... loses 4 games last yr, including the alamo bowl.

• 4 weeks later...

OSU offense is up to the task, but to replace Hawk,Schlegal, Carpentar, Salley and Whitner (who made a huge mistake to leave early) is going to be a tall order. OSU has alot of talent on paper to replace those guys but till they can prove themselves it's just talk. I do like getting Michigan and Penn State at home. I kinda like Flordia to suprise some folks and Notre Dame could get there. I prefer a OSU vs USC but who knows kinda a toss up this year.

OSU offense is up to the task, but to replace Hawk,Schlegal, Carpentar, Salley and Whitner (who made a huge mistake to leave early) is going to be a tall order. OSU has alot of talent on paper to replace those guys but till they can prove themselves it's just talk. I do like getting Michigan and Penn State at home.  I kinda like Flordia to suprise some folks and Notre Dame could get there. I prefer a OSU vs USC but who knows kinda a toss up this year.

1349712[/snapback]

Lets just say Ginn without anyone worth a stuff on the other side, will cause more attention his way, and he already struggled with that last yr when he was doubled for most of the season. The LB loses will be great, but its eaiser to reload on defense than offense.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan