[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Did Texas win or USC lose the game?

theeohiostate

IMO , USC lost this game clearly, if the roles were reversed, everyone would be saying how poorly Mack handled the end of the game, going for it on 4th and 2 around midfield, calling a TO after the TD on the extra point attempt. Then they'd go on to say how Texas got screwed by not having the biggest play of the game reviewed.

Texas played great and deserved the win, but USC was the better TEAM by a longshot.

Pete Carroll cost USC the game , along with some very out of character mistakes by Bush and top on some very poor officiating and there you have it.

USC wins this game 8 out of 10 times.

IMO , USC lost this game clearly, if the roles were reversed, everyone would be saying how poorly Mack handled the end of the game, going for it on 4th and 2 around midfield, calling a TO after the TD on the extra point attempt. Then they'd go on to say how Texas got screwed by not having the biggest play of the game reviewed.

Texas played great and deserved the win, but USC was the better TEAM by a longshot.

Pete Carroll cost USC the game , along with some very out of character mistakes by Bush and top on some very poor officiating and there you have it.

USC wins this game 8 out of 10 times.

1249784[/snapback]

USC is not a team, just talented players on offense. Texas is a team, that rallied around 1 player and won the game.

A better question is did USC win last yr, or did 5 OU turnovers give it to them.

1249790[/snapback]

An even BETTER question, should OU had even been invited to play in that game. They were outgunned in EVERY facit of the game, despite TO's the game would have been a blowout. :D

An even BETTER question, should OU had even been invited to play in that game.  They were outgunned in EVERY facit of the game, despite TO's the game would have been a blowout. :D

1249796[/snapback]

OU stopped USC to start the game, went right down and scored and were in control. then the turnovers began, and it snowballed. That OU team beat this texas team 12-0 and is their last loss. OU played USC 10 times, OU wins 8 of them.

USC is not a team, just talented players on offense.  Texas is a team, that rallied around 1 player and won the game.

1249794[/snapback]

Sgt, your such a hypocrit!! Had Texas been on the opposite side of the coin.

1. You'd give USC no credit as you've shown to do for several years.

2. You'd be saying how Young is great , but not a leader.

3. How happy you have Stoops and not the Idiot, Mack Brown.

So, gimmie us a break with your Texas love fest this week......PLEASE!!

I tend to agree with the countless sports writers and espn analyst that support the notion on USC blowing it.  If i'm an idiot for sharing their view as well, then what are you?

1249799[/snapback]

So if texas had lost, they could say giving USC the ball on their 45 yard line after stopping them cold 3 and out to start the game could be their excuse for letting USC win. Or maybe the INT that wasnt called that led to SC points was the excuse they would have used. Im sick of defending a team I dont care for, but your rediculous petty BS needs to be exposed. Sorry Pal, the best team won, unlike in 2002 when Magahee blew out his knee and the sails of Miami which gave OSU a title. That game Miami lost, OSu didnt win. You see the difference?

Sgt, your such a hypocrit!!  Had Texas been on the opposite side of the coin.

1. You'd give USC no credit as you've shown to do for several years.

2. You'd be saying how Young is great , but not a leader.

3. How happy you have Stoops and not the Idiot, Mack Brown.

So, gimmie us a break with your Texas love fest this week......PLEASE!!

1249802[/snapback]

Id rather have Stoops and the OU team right now than Texas next yr. I give USC credit, but they are not nearly as great as many claimed and a so called undermanned Texas team with 1 playmaker beat them. Call it like I see it. I do not like Texas any more than you do Michigan. And if Michigan had beat Texas, you would be saying the same darn thing. So save the speech.

Sorry TOS, you are so way off base on this one it's not even funny.  I won't even get into a pissing match over this because I know I'm right.

1249804[/snapback]

This is a legitimate question that needs to be asked. WHAT IF: If Young wasn't handed the TD when his knee was down??? Carroll doesn't call his last TO on an extra point attempt???? Bush doesn't try to pitch the ball and fumble??? Carroll doesn't give the ball to Texas at the 40 with 2 min to go???

It was VERY CLEAR to ANYONE that watched the game the USC was in TOTAL control of the game after the 1st quarter. To suggest that USC didn't stub it's toes several times, is JUST PLAIN DUMB!!

This Horn win has created many new supporters of the program like Sgt. Ryan, etc.. etc... but to not SEE the truth is rediculous.

Yeah, as a loyal PAC 10 guy- the 2 of you are both F ing outta control!!

Hey Private Ryan :D

1- No one cares about OU and last year- seriously- they got the shiiit kicked out of them- LET IT GO!!!!

2- UT deserved to win, I think USC's D was exposed, mistakes were made on both sides, bottom line is they had no answer for VY- what can you do?? making excuses and whining about it is a waste of time.

This is a legitimate question that needs to be asked.  WHAT IF:  If Young wasn't handed the TD when his knee was down???

1249815[/snapback]

Texas gets a TD on that drive anyways.

Carroll doesn't call his last TO on an extra point attempt???? Bush doesn't try to pitch the ball and fumble???

1249815[/snapback]

Texas wins in overtime.

Carroll doesn't give the ball to Texas at the 40 with 2 min to go???

1249815[/snapback]

The game winning drive is 80 yards instead of 56 and USC never gets the ball back.

Well, Texas won and USC lost, it is rather simple.

You can second guess all you want, "what if Bush didn't lateral the ball to the opposition", "what if Carroll hadn't gone for it on 4th and 2", etc...the bottom line is those things happened and you can't change it. What if TX had scored the extra point and not gone for the field goal and made it, blah, blah, blah...comical really.

Texas won... They scored 41 points.  No matter how you slice it, when a team gives up 41 points, they didn't "lose" the game, as you have suggested.

Texas is the better team.  USC has no defense, and they haven't all year.  The better team won.

1249830[/snapback]

Actually they scored 34 points and the refs gave them the other 7 :D

This is a legitimate question that needs to be asked.  WHAT IF:  If Young wasn't handed the TD when his knee was down???  Carroll doesn't call his last TO on an extra point attempt???? Bush doesn't try to pitch the ball and fumble??? Carroll doesn't give the ball to Texas at the 40 with 2 min to go???

It was VERY CLEAR to ANYONE that watched the game the USC was in  TOTAL control of the game after the 1st quarter. To suggest that USC didn't stub it's toes several times, is JUST PLAIN DUMB!!

This Horn win has created many new supporters of the program like Sgt. Ryan, etc.. etc... but to not SEE the truth is rediculous.

1249815[/snapback]

Who are you kidding, I do not support Texas. I aint no traitor, nor fair weather fan. I bleed Crimson and Cream, and that will never change. Im just amazed that OU shut Texas and Vince out 12-0 last yr, and have beaten him twice, after watching that performance last night. Make all the excuses you want, but If USC lost this game, clearly Miami lost in 2002, as they most certainly was the better team. There is no way in hell you can argue that. So pick a side idiot, and stick with it.

This is a legitimate question that needs to be asked.  WHAT IF:  If Young wasn't handed the TD when his knee was down???  Carroll doesn't call his last TO on an extra point attempt???? Bush doesn't try to pitch the ball and fumble??? Carroll doesn't give the ball to Texas at the 40 with 2 min to go???

It was VERY CLEAR to ANYONE that watched the game the USC was in  TOTAL control of the game after the 1st quarter. To suggest that USC didn't stub it's toes several times, is JUST PLAIN DUMB!!

1249815[/snapback]

OK I'll play.

Texas would have scored on the next play, or perhaps the play after on the Young's-knee-is-down play. Anyone that thinks otherwise is smoking crack.

Carroll making that TO call is part of the game. He's gone with his gut all season and they hadn't lost all season. Get over it.

Bush's ill-fated pitch was a big play. But so was the fumble on the first punt of the game. Part of the game. Quit playing "what if", it makes absolutely no sense.

USC was not in total control of the game. I have no idea what game you were watching. Yes, every time USC touched the ball you knew they could score. But the same could be said for Texas. It was an evenly played game from start to finish. Sure, USC "stubbed their toe"... but so did Texas. Both teams made mistakes, both teams capitalized on their opponent's mistakes. Part of the game.

Sgt. Ryan isn't a "new supporter" of UT. In fact, he's a bitter rival of UT. He's just smart enough to realize he witnessed an incredible game played by two incredible teams.

To say USC "lost it" rather than UT "winning it" is classless and represents a myopic point of view.

Actually they scored 34 points and the refs gave them the other 7 :D

1249836[/snapback]

You mean like the 7 the refs gave OSU on the bogus Pass interfernce play in the endzone vs Miami. There wasnt replay on that play, or OSU would still be looking for a title. Replay didnt work, but that play gave Texas a TD they ineveitablely were going to score. Maybe if USC could have played defense the last drive, they would have won. You know something the Puke-10 isnt capable of doing.