[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Question about HAG

soopanuts

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not in any of these leagues, but from an outsider's perspective, why not start a 2nd HAG league with the same format, etc...

The discussion this thread has generated suggests to me that it would get filled and more people could enjoy it. Just a thought.

I'm not in any of these leagues, but from an outsider's perspective, why not start a 2nd HAG league with the same format, etc...

The discussion this thread has generated suggests to me that it would get filled and more people could enjoy it. Just a thought.

1251414[/snapback]

Not enough over 50's to run a full 2nd league. Have to wait about 4 years I think.

Not enough over 50's to run a full 2nd league. Have to wait about 4 years I think.

1251438[/snapback]

ahhh... maybe the 2nd league could have modified age brackets - like say 45 is the low age for the oldest bracket. Not my business, I know.

I disagree.

HAG is a 4 league, league if you will allow.  It is a league of 4 leagues, that is part of the attraction.  If I am already in one I should have first crack at the next one up the line if my eligibility expires and I am forced from the one I am already in.

1251162[/snapback]

I agree qith Blitz, as someone moves up in age, they should be put on the top of the waiting list for the next age bracket. Just moving to the top may mean haveing to wait a year or longer. I think that once you are in HAG, you are in until you run through the age brackets and have no more.

Edited by NSab

I agree qith Blitz, as someone moves up in age, they should be put on the top of the waiting list for the next age bracket. Just moving to the top may mean haveing to wait a year or longer. I think that once you are in HAG, you are in until you run through the age brackets and have no more.

1251443[/snapback]

There's no top end to the oldest league, so you could stay in it till you're as old as Marv Levy. Maybe that'll change over time.

Then we could start a 2nd and just not run a HOT2 until enough participants are interested.

1251448[/snapback]

I have noticed many clones starting up - 32 More Homers, etc. No reason for a Son Of HAG not to be formed if people want to take it on and there's enough interest.

Agree with soop and Grits here as well.  If I turn 31 in 2 years and am at the bottom of a list that has say 20 members, then I would pretty much drop that league from memory and go find new leagues to be a part of.  I'm sure the commishes will do what's best for the league, but if it's any consolation, if they are undecided maybe a HAG wide vote would be fair.  If an overwhelming majority wants it one way then it's what would be best for the entire league.

1251276[/snapback]

This was my thought as well ... you could add my name to the bottom of a long list ... but I'd likely lose interest and simply move on.

My biggest concern is that people forced to move up a bracket have priority over any new members. Not necessarily people already on the waiting for a year or more and jump over a person on that waiting list. What I don't want to see is a callout for new members before existing ones have a shot at it.

I would prefer to have a wait list no longer than 5, after all teams are set for the season. A list of much more than that would be unwieldy.

As previously mentioned though, we in HOT should have the lesser input due to no where to move to. I just don't see a 61 and over league for quite awhile! :D

Randall, I will NEVER vote for 16 team leagues 12 is perfect.

My biggest concern is that people forced to move up a bracket have priority over any new members.  Not necessarily people already on the waiting for a year or more and jump over a person on that waiting list.  What I don't want to see is a callout for new members before existing ones have a shot at it. 

I would prefer to have a wait list no longer than 5, after all teams are set for the season.  A list of much more than that would be unwieldy.

As previously mentioned though, we in HOT should have the lesser input due to no where to move to.  I just don't see a 61 and over league for quite awhile!  :D

Randall, I will NEVER vote for 16 team leagues 12 is perfect.

1251552[/snapback]

61+ would have to be called 'One foot in the grave'. Then 71+ would have to be 'And a foot on the banana peel'

:D

RR, you have the right of it. Graduating members would definitely get priority over people just adding their name

61+ would have to be called 'One foot in the grave'.  Then 71+ would have to be 'And a foot on the banana peel'

RR, you have the right of it.  Graduating members would definitely get priority over people just adding their name

1251560[/snapback]

One foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel. :D I resemble that joke. :D

61+ would have to be called 'One foot in the grave'.  Then 71+ would have to be 'And a foot on the banana peel'

1251560[/snapback]

That's a good question for Big John. I know the ages of some of our more senior members, but I don't think anyone is older than let's say ~66-67 yo. Big J????

That's a good question for Big John.  I know the ages of some of our more senior members, but I don't think anyone is older than let's say ~66-67 yo.  Big J????

1251626[/snapback]

:D BeachBum is the oldest at 67 (or 68 now).

:D BeachBum is the oldest at 67 (or 68 now).

1251635[/snapback]

:D Still 67. Sorry BB.

Jeeze...............you don't happen to know my SS# do you? I forgot it! :D

spain

1250806[/snapback]

1251443[/snapback]

That's what I assumed would happen. But I'm in Primetime for the next 7 years, so I guess it will be ironed out by the time I graduate.

Scary to think of how far down the waiting list I could be by then if it goes the other way. :D

i don't know what HAG is, but put me on the list!

i'm 38.

any chance of getting in while i'm still in the prime of my life?

1251677[/snapback]

Patience, my friend! We're not askin' yet. Come back during the offseason. :D