[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Question about HAG

soopanuts

I agree with these points.  Another thing that may need to be figured out is if 2 members are moving up at the same time is which gets priority?  It should probably go to whoever confirmed entry first in this inaugural year.  It's probably easiest to track that down now before it gets too old.  For example me and soopanuts are both in NVN and both turn 29 this year (I'm sure there might be others) and would both move up to the next level at the same time.  If there is 1 opening, who gets it?

1250740[/snapback]

I also turn 29 this year. The idea of whoever confirmed first gets priority sounds the most fair. I joined NVN after Zia dropped out. So I would probably get the short end when it comes to waiting list compared to Whisky & Soop, as I think I should since they were in NVN before I joined (at least I think they confirmed before I did).

Edited by BiggieFries

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me know when Ursa and I'm there.  We have  A LOT to discuss this off season and I'd like it to be w/ the current, not future, commishes and co-commishes.

1250677[/snapback]

Me and Nick have both posted over there, so feel free.

:D  I thought we had ironed it out, but I'll be there to discuss it.

1250687[/snapback]

I agree, as you will see from my HAG post, but it never does any harm to make sure we're all on the same page. There's some other questions we should probably address too, but let's do that in the HAG Main.

I'm not a commish but i do remember discussions about this very topic. Most of it was just discussion and i don't think anything was set in stone. There was talk of allowing someone to stay in a lower bracket for a few years if there wasn't an opening in the next bracket. My opinion is if we do this it should be no more than 1 year. If there still isn't an opening they would go to the top of the waiting list for the next league. It was also brought up that anyone from a lower bracket Definately had priority over someone on the waiting list. This in my opinion is also how it should be.

I know it could get pretty complicated but we could also have a clause that anyone who comes in off the waiting list can be bumped by an origional member if he needs to move up.

Just some thoughts to promote discussion in the HAG forum.

1250675[/snapback]

I agree with all of your post except for the last part. If someone ages out of a league, they should go straight to the top of the waiting list. I don't however think that it's right they can bump someone else out who's already confirmed and in that league.

Edited by tonyr0802

I agree with all of your post except for the last part.  If someone ages out of a league, they should go straight to the top of the waiting list.  I don't however think that it's right they can bump someone else out who's already confirmed and in that league.

1250903[/snapback]

Well, I definitely agree that they should be put at the top of the waiting list but that's not up to me to decide.

Well, I definitely agree that they should be put at the top of the waiting list but that's not up to me to decide.

1251081[/snapback]

I disagree.

Example:

HOT has 12 current owners.

Two decide to drop out after the year is over.

Hot has 14 people on the waiting list.

Two people for the lower league are now no longer qualified for their league and must move up.

14 people have waited a year to get in on the HAG action.

Two people have already had some of that action.

14 people have priority over those two people.

I disagree.

Example:

Two people for the lower league are now no longer qualified for their league and must move up.

1251108[/snapback]

Well if you put it that way, I guess I need to start preparing my farewell address for the HAG/NVN league. :D

Waiting list...here I come.... :D

Edited by twiley

I disagree.

Example:

1251108[/snapback]

I disagree.

HAG is a 4 league, league if you will allow. It is a league of 4 leagues, that is part of the attraction. If I am already in one I should have first crack at the next one up the line if my eligibility expires and I am forced from the one I am already in.

Well if you put it that way, I guess I need to start preparing my farewell address for the HAG/NVN league. :D

Waiting list...here I come.... :D

1251128[/snapback]

Just an example of what is being looked at.... (guess I should have said that.)

Nothing is in stone.... it is being hashed out as we speak. I am sure they will come to a conclusion soon..... by the SB at least I would think.

Penty of time.

I disagree.

HAG is a 4 league, league if you will allow.  It is a league of 4 leagues, that is part of the attraction.  If I am already in one I should have first crack at the next one up the line if my eligibility expires and I am forced from the one I am already in.

1251162[/snapback]

Sort of a "I got mine, screw 'em" type of thing?

The Over 50's League that I worked two years to get going was always looked at, by me, as a very unique BOTH league where people would be moving out so others of the that age group would be able to play too.

When the other leagues were initiated and HAG was born I still looked at it the same way. HAG is unique. Every Huddler should be allowed the opportunity to play.

Whatever the 8 Commissioners decide I am sure it will be in stone. We will just have to wait and see what they decide.

Sort of a "I got mine, screw 'em" type of thing?

The Over 50's League that I worked two years to get going was always looked at, by me, as a very unique BOTH league where people would be moving out so others of the that age group would be able to play too.

When the other leagues were initiated and HAG was born I still looked at it the same way. HAG is unique. Every Huddler should be allowed the opportunity to play.

Whatever the 8 Commissioners decide I am sure it will be in stone. We will just have to wait and see what they decide.

1251179[/snapback]

Actually I don't believe that everybody has a 'right' to play in this league that we have formed. So what they have been on a waiting list for a year. Personally I prefer a stable set of owners year to year anyway. And if an owner has to move from GNL to HOT because of the age ... well I can still get him in the HAG Battle Royale.

I'm not much a fan of leagues with revolving doors.

I'm definitely curious about what the result will be. I agree with the idea that if you're already in, you get moved to the top of the list for the next age group. If more than one member moves up in the same year, tiebreaker goes to the member who signed up first in the inaugural year. I agree with Grits that this will limit how many members come and go each year. It's better for competition, IMO.

I'm definitely curious about what the result will be.  I agree with the idea that if you're already in, you get moved to the top of the list for the next age group.  If more than one member moves up in the same year, tiebreaker goes to the member who signed up first in the inaugural year.  I agree with Grits that this will limit how many members come and go each year.  It's better for competition, IMO.

1251242[/snapback]

good info here

I agree with Grits that this will limit how many members come and go each year.  It's better for competition, IMO.

1251242[/snapback]

That is why it is a re-draft league instead of a keeper league.

Not sure why everyone is missing the whole point/vision of the Huddle 'Ages' League.

As far as competition goes..... pretty darn competitive in its first year. We ARE talking paying Huddlers here. Only serious people are allowed.

As far as competition goes..... pretty darn competitive in its first year. We ARE talking paying Huddlers here. Only serious people are allowed.

1251261[/snapback]

Agreed. NVN was great. The draft was extremely challenging and the competition throughout the year was excellent. I just think it's keeps the overall owner pool smaller and makes for better smack talk, rivalries, etc.

In our commishes we trust. Just let us know what the decision is. I've still got two years left in NVN, but I'm sure others are coming up on the next age group.

I'm definitely curious about what the result will be.  I agree with the idea that if you're already in, you get moved to the top of the list for the next age group.  If more than one member moves up in the same year, tiebreaker goes to the member who signed up first in the inaugural year.  I agree with Grits that this will limit how many members come and go each year.  It's better for competition, IMO.

1251242[/snapback]

Agree with soop and Grits here as well. If I turn 31 in 2 years and am at the bottom of a list that has say 20 members, then I would pretty much drop that league from memory and go find new leagues to be a part of. I'm sure the commishes will do what's best for the league, but if it's any consolation, if they are undecided maybe a HAG wide vote would be fair. If an overwhelming majority wants it one way then it's what would be best for the entire league.

And the old foggie league is endless?

They are "grandfathered" in, so to speak?

1251268[/snapback]

We could cut it off at 85. :D

Will these become 16 member leagues? I hope not. I prefer 12 team leagues.

Edited by Randall

Actually I don't believe that everybody has a 'right' to play in this league that we have formed.  So what they have been on a waiting list for a year.  Personally I prefer a stable set of owners year to year anyway.  And if an owner has to move from GNL to HOT because of the age ... well I can still get him in the HAG Battle Royale.

I'm not much a fan of leagues with revolving doors.

1251192[/snapback]

There has to be a solution and if I had a vote I would vote for allowing those moving up to have priority. Saying this beforehand (everyone would know who could move up) would make it clear what the probablities of joining would be.

This may become like having Packers season tickets, "I will my league membership to _____". :D

Like Sky said, it will be figured out shortly.

All you borderline guys should have learned to lie better last year.  If you were 30 you should have said 23 :doah:

1251361[/snapback]

Are you thinking they would get away with this? :D