[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jerseys for game day?

PantherDave

Don't own a jersey and never will. A team baseball cap is about as far as I go.

My kids have a few, but a good example why I won't spend big dollars on a jersey was exemplified by Terrell Owens. My 4yr old liked him last year (he was on my fantasy team and got used to hearing his name) and so he wanted a TO jersey for a pic of my 3 boys I had taken (they were all in spamshirts). So I got him one. Then TO pulled his sh-t this year and now my 4yr old wonders why he's not allowed to wear his jersey any more. Fortunately I had only paid like $12 at a TJ Maxx.

It'll be in a garage sale next year or donated to Goodwill. Guys change teams an awful lot also which makes ponying up for a jersey kind of a risky proposition.

I've got a couple old orange Broncos spamshirts, with #7, so no name is required.

I DO have one of the new blue home spamshirts with my nickname SKILLY on the back. I had totally forgot about that one until I saw this thread. :D It's in a box somewhere.

I finally bought a Roy Williams jersey this season. After the boys choked, this year, tho, I'm not buying another piece of Cowboys paraphanelia until they win a playoff game.

At this rate, it might not ever happen. :D Friggin Jerry has GOT TO GO!

I have owned one football jersey. An away Brooks jersey. :D Bought it cause a restaraunt I used to work @ let us wear spamshirts on sundays. Recently gave it away though to this chick I was bangin that was from N.O.. I also own a signed Todd Bertuzzi home white Canucks jersey. I love it! Hockey spamshirts>Football spamshirts IMO.

Mrs. PD got me an official NFL Reebok jersey for Christmas, and I wore it for the first time last weekend for the Atlanta game. It is the first I've ever owned, and it's pretty cool, but the only bummer was she wanted to get "PantherDave" across the name patch, but they said it was "1" letter to many :D . So, I was wondering who has'em and wears for gameday? Peace-PD.

1254040[/snapback]

They can fit Houshmanzadeh on the back, but PantherDave won't fit? What the fudge?

Yeah, because having another grown mans name on your shirt is much cooler.  :D

I actually have my name and the my old high school jersey number on mine.  It is also the number that Texans punter Chad Stanley wears #7.  Oddly enough I used to play football against Stanley in high school (he played for our school rivals).  I did talk to him one time at a Texans game and after I walked off I thought to myself "I hope he doesnt think I am wearing #7 for him" :D

1254785[/snapback]

If he called you for a date, that would kind of answer your question. :D

I was going to get a game shirt but then I realized I was 34 years old.

Ok, Vinatieri Is God.  :D

1255281[/snapback]

There is some strange irony in the whole thing isn't there? Funny because I've realized that the whole ViG thing is a little over the top. I signed up here just after the first Pats SB winner and really didn't think I'd ever post on the message board. Just wanted the info from the site. And now almost 1000 posts later, it's hard to change it. Maybe I'll set my alias up as "Vinatieri is clutch but I'd never wear a game shirt of his". Might be too long, though. Hehe.

And now almost 1000 posts later, it's hard to change it.  Maybe I'll set my alias up as "Vinatieri is clutch but I'd never wear a game shirt of his".  Might be too long, though.  Hehe.

1256033[/snapback]

Name changes are no longer allowed and that other name would be too long.

I was going to get a game shirt but then I realized I was 34 years old. 

There is some strange irony in the whole thing isn't there?  Funny because I've realized that the whole ViG thing is a little over the top.  I signed up here just after the first Pats SB winner and really didn't think I'd ever post on the message board.  Just wanted the info from the site.  And now almost 1000 posts later, it's hard to change it.  Maybe I'll set my alias up as "Vinatieri is clutch but I'd never wear a game shirt of his".  Might be too long, though.  Hehe.

1256033[/snapback]

:D I just thought it was ironic.

I have a Mitchell & Ness Throwback Favre Jersey from 1991 - Falcons. I wore it last year to Lambeau and I swear, I have never gotten so much positive feedback for anything I have ever worn! At first glance you think Vick...but realize something is off a little bit. Then you read the back and realize...

I have a Mitchell & Ness Throwback Favre Jersey from 1991 - Falcons.  I wore it last year to Lambeau and I swear, I have never gotten so much positive feedback for anything I have ever worn!  At first glance you think Vick...but realize something is off a little bit.  Then you read the back and realize...

1256060[/snapback]

They don't know that Vick wears #7? (while Favre wore #4 at ATL too) :D

I have the following spamshirts, all autographed and authenticated:

Montana

Rice

Favre

Aikman

Namath

Howie Long

Charles Woodson

I kind of collect sports memoribilia. I wanted to wear to take the Aikman out of the shadow box and wear it to the game when he was inducted in the ring of honor, but my wife said she would kill me if anyone spilled beer on it, so it stayed in the shadow box.

They don't know that Vick wears #7? (while Favre wore #4 at ATL too) :D

1256061[/snapback]

Yeah...you know Vick wears #7...and Favre #4, but you just aren't used to seeing a #4 in an ATL jersey...so you sorta do a doubletake when you see the single digit ATL jersey...the mind says Vick...the number says Favre.

I have the following spamshirts, all autographed and authenticated:

Aikman

I kind of collect sports memoribilia.  I wanted to wear to take the Aikman out of the shadow box and wear it to the game when he was inducted in the ring of honor, but my wife said she would kill me if anyone spilled beer on it, so it stayed in the shadow box.

1256069[/snapback]

There's one (albeit a "retirement jersey" on Ebay with authentication right now for $52....meh.

Ever gone up to someone wearing a jersey and asked for their autograph? I think it's like wearing a Star Trek uniform out in public.

That said, I look fabulous in my #8 Troy Aikman shirt over my James T. Kirk orginal series gold shirt pullover. :D

You guys should write for GQ ... truly insightful. I had no idea that wearing a jersey with your name on it was ghey. Or that wearing one with a real player's name on it was ghey. I guess wearing any jersey is ghey, then? :D

I have had a Darrell Green jersey for many years. The only time I have worn it to a game was for his last home game. I did wear it to a 'skins v Bucs party this past Saturday.

I never wanted a jersey with my name on it, it always seemed corny. Just a personal preference.