[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

favorite beer

dmarc117

If you are in PA there is Victory and Stoudts

Victory has Golden Monkey (Abbe style) and Hop Devil (very hoppy IPA, better than Sierra)

Stoudts has a Scarlet Lady IPA and my favoite is the Fat Dog Stout.

Both make about 8 styles and are somewhat seasonal

1262499[/snapback]

Stoudts is excellent. Used to go to some of their festivals. Not since kids though. :D I used to be able to get kegs of stoudts here. Haven't tried lately. :D

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I consider myself to be fairly knowledgable when it comes to beer. While I haven't been able to pursue this hobby for a few years due to kids and work time constraints, I try to keep up with it. Having said that, I will admit the following:

About once a month, I drink Ballantine Ale.

About every other month, I drink Rheingold.

:D

I consider myself to be fairly knowledgable when it comes to beer.  While I haven't been able to pursue this hobby for a few years due to kids and work time constraints, I try to keep up with it.  Having said that, I will admit the following:

About once a month, I drink Ballantine Ale.

About every other month, I drink Rheingold.

:D

1262825[/snapback]

I didn't know that they still make Ballantine :D

Ever try Lion's Head from Wilkes-Barre?

1262866[/snapback]

Yup. Been ahwile since I've had it, but I recall that they had a good product. The specifics are a little vague, but I believe that the local bars still carry Lion brewery products.

Edited by Brewer

Yup. Been ahwile since I've had it, but I recall that they had a good product. The specifics are a little vague, but I believe that the local bars still carry Lion brewery products.

1262869[/snapback]

Pretty good. Better than Yeungling IMO and about $12 a case. Bottles too!

If you like stouts, this is the one to try: Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout

I enjoy Belgian style ales:  A current favorite of mine is Three Philosophers.  Another one out there that's nice is Nostradamus.

Dogfish Head makes some nice brews as well.

1261307[/snapback]

Do you think Nostradamus knew there would be a beer named after him ??

I do like stouts though ...english stouts

If you want something really wild, try a lambic ale.  I'm not a big fan of those, and I can't give you a specific one to try, but you can get some wild flavors from them.

Enjoy!  :D

1261552[/snapback]

Lindeman's is gonna be your most readily available brand of lambic in the states i think.

for anyof of you that dont know, lambic beer goes through and additional fermenting proccess with fruit. only kind ive had is the framboise (razzberry) really good...really sweet if you layer guiness and the lindemans framboise like a half and half they are quite tastey.

I like "Cask" beer as well, the rock bottom brewery usually keeps some available at all times...kind of cool to taste a beer like it use to be before refridgerators

Just had a Spaten Optimator. yum.

I'm now drinking Bass (which is normally one of my favorites, but by comparison it seems a little bland).

I generally like any type of Pale Ale. (Sierra Nevada and Bass being among my favorites). I will however, drink pretty much anything. Happily.

there are menny i like alot

but on the spot i would say

skull splitter

1261832[/snapback]

One of my favorites! Technically, it's considered a barley wine and has a very high alcohol percentage. Have had a hard time finding it around here, though. Finally convinced one of the locals to stock it just for me. :D

You need to try a Summit Extra Pale Ale then. 

Although...not sure if you can find it outside of MN. :D

1261614[/snapback]

Summit is probably my favorite beer. I like it much more than Sierra Nevada.

If I'm gonna slum it with an American lager, I go with Grainbelt Premium.

I'm willing to try anything, but I am not a huge fan of the very dark heavy beers like Guinness.

However, when in Ireland, for some reason the Heineken on tap there was extremely good. Perhaps because Iwas inebriated and drinking for about 16 straight hours.. yes, 16 straight hours with a constant flow of alcohol....