[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

favorite beer

dmarc117

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always have Michelob Light in my fridge as a fallback. As far as variety, Sam Adams Light and Killian's are always tasty. A nice TurboDog or Abita Amber when I'm in the New Orleans area. And I can't find it here, but my brother-in-law always has a case of Molson XXX when I'm in Ohio. It's like 7.3% alcohol, so it packs a kick. :D

Lighter -

Chimay white - (have yet to have the red/blue)

Hofbrau original

Medium:

Deschutes Mirror Pond

Mac & Jack's African Amber

Rogue Dead Guy

Darker:

Elysian Perseus Porter

Deschutes Black Butte Porter

Boundary Bay Oatmeal Stout

I've really taken a liking to Sam Adams Cherry Wheat.

1260865[/snapback]

per your recommendation, i strayed from my typical germans and picked up some of this.... give you my report in about an hour (gonna play with the dogs int he deep snow, then open one or two in the hot tub :D )

yuck, i am not a fan of wheat beer at all, i primarilly drink stouts when available...if my only choice is good old american domestics its Budwieser for me

1261294[/snapback]

i like stouts as well, but have to force myself to drink bud.

per your recommendation, i strayed from my typical germans and picked up some of this.... give you my report in about an hour (gonna play with the dogs int he deep snow, then open one or two in the hot tub :D  )

1275895[/snapback]

Do me a favor and don't just drink one. Two or three consecutively before the review :D

One of my favorites!  Technically, it's considered a barley wine and has a very high alcohol percentage.  Have had a hard time finding it around here, though.  Finally convinced one of the locals to stock it just for me.  :D

1265772[/snapback]

hmmm i can get it in Hudson .... newglarus also makes a barley wine that is very good

brain melt is made buy schells now and they have some good ones....

Schmaltz's Alt... is yummy

ok pud here it is:

i dove right in... when putting the glass to my mouth, got a strong aroma of bing cherry (reminded me of BR's bing cherry ice cream). it didn't taste nearly as sweet as i imagined (a good thing). kind of mild... on the finish/aftertaste was a lot like a cherry soda or even a little cherry/vanilla.... it was good...not totally sure i'd get it again (i don't normally get into fruity biers)... but it was good. i'd give it a solid B/B- :D

have you tried any belgian lambic biers? lindeman is pretty reasonable.... give er a go and give me a report..... like to get your opinion :D

have you tried any belgian lambic biers?  lindeman is pretty reasonable.... give er a go and give me a report..... like to get your opinion  :D

1276415[/snapback]

I haven't tried that many different types of beers. Only the last year or so have I ventured outside the traditional American/Canadian lagers.

I am going to make a point to buy a different 6-pack each week. Maybe we can get that low-brow tasting going afterall. There was a lot of interest but I didn't follow through.

I haven't tried that many different types of beers.  Only the last year or so have I ventured outside the traditional American/Canadian lagers. 

I am going to make a point to buy a different 6-pack each week.  Maybe we can get that low-brow tasting going afterall.  There was a lot of interest but I didn't follow through.

1276831[/snapback]

hollidays are a busy time......

but they're over... so tap those kegs!

im pretty simple....in the winter, im a guiness man and nothin like an ice-cold bud in the summer...

always lookin to try something new...

1260859[/snapback]

If you like Guinness, then drop that ice-cold Bud in the Summer (that's just beery flavored water) and get yourself a 6-pack of Harp. It's a Lager brewed by Guinness, and it is fantastic in this man's opinion! :D