[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

coffeman

theeohiostate

The point at which I am forced to assume Coffeeman has no intention of fulfilling his obligations regarding the Bowl Pick-'em and the Rose Bowl is rapidly approaching.  Paypal has a 45 day time limit to file a complaint.  I sent my money to Coffeman on 12/8, which means I have to file a complain prior to 1/22.  I plan on filing a complaint on Thursday or Friday (1/19 or 1/20).

For me it is more an issue of principal, than a matter of losing $10.  If anyone else that participated in the Bowl Pick-'Em intends to file a complaint, you need to verify when you sent you fee in and when the 45 days is up.

If I am able to receive a refund from Paypal, I will forward the $10 to Darin3 (in whatever way he prefers).

If at some point, Coffeeman fulfills his obligations, then I will consider the matter dropped.  I would be very interested in an explanation for the delay.  However any explanation would be up to Coffeeman, and really depends on if he is concerned about his reputation on TheHuddle or not.

1269166[/snapback]

Thanks for the info, and please feel free to post in the thread I started in the main forum too.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ill do the same, whichever Darin prefers.  Thsi is rediculous.  And he didnt want me in his baseball league.  I wonder why, when I beat his ass, he knew he wouldnty pay.  What a disappointment, I actually respected the dude, until now.

1269379[/snapback]

I don't know if PayPal will refund the $. They don't allow gambling debts to be processed. We'll see what happens. I'm exploring other avenues.

edit: I just sent him a PayPal invoice. It simply goes to the Yahoo email he set up for the PayPal account, so who knows... I already emailed him at that address twice.

Edited by darin3

This is a big downer guys.

I wish i would have did it all myself and i would have had the funds out the second the game was over, but i felt like since i set up the website and had control over it that it was a conflict of interest if i collected the funds as well.

darin3, as far as paypal is concerned, just note on your complaint that it was for services tenderned and the seller has failed to do so, they need not know it was for a bet.

I pm'd rbmcdonald about the paypal possibility yesterday and since he's posted it, i think it's good that we all file and see what happens. I'm about at the point where i pay an additional $50 to rbc, just to preserve my small rep. here, but most people hate me anyways :D

This is a big downer guys.

I wish i would have did it all myself and i would have had the funds out the second the game was over, but i felt like since i set up the website and had control over it that it was a conflict of interest if i collected the funds as well.

darin3, as far as paypal is concerned, just note on your complaint that it was for services tenderned and the seller has failed to do so, they need not know it was for a bet.

I pm'd rbmcdonald about the paypal possibility yesterday and since he's posted it, i think it's good that we all file and see what happens. I'm about at the point where i pay an additional $50 to rbc, just to preserve my small rep. here, but most people hate me anyways :D

1269550[/snapback]

good of you to want to seperate yourself from the money since you were running the site, which i totally appreciate, fyi... good of you to want to make good on your bet despite this situation w/ coffeeman... :D

we'll get it resolved...

I wouldn't file until the deadline.  Something could have happened to the guy, or someone in his family.  Give the guy as much slack as possible, but if he doens't pay up by the deadline then file on him.

1269560[/snapback]

While I agree with this in principle, the guy has multiple PMs and emails from not only me but several other Huddlers. If nothing else, respond to either and say "hey, I'm having trouble getting you the $ because ....". I, personally, would be fine with that... and I suspect everyone else would be too. He's dodging contact.

NOTICE:

theeohiostate has elected to send me $10 (i believe it's $10.75 w/ fees) ... if the remaining 16 of you that were in the contest wish to do the same, i would very much appreciate it... should coffeeman ever step up and send me my winnings, i will of course send you 10 back... you're not obligated to do this, though...

thanks everyone

NOTICE:

theeohiostate has elected to send me $10 (i believe it's $10.75 w/ fees) ... if the remaining 16 of you that were in the contest wish to do the same, i would very much appreciate it... should coffeeman ever step up and send me my winnings, i will of course send you 10 back...  you're not obligated to do this, though...

thanks everyone

1269908[/snapback]

sent.........opps, i only sent 10.5o though, figured .50 would cover.......paypal is making a f'ing killing on handleing fees :D

For those that think it odd to pay again, just think, your only out $21.00 total , while darin3 is out the whole $190 he won. So with a little help we can all lose evenly and then tongue lash welchman if he ever shows up.

Edited by theeohiostate

sent.........opps, i only sent 10.5o though, figured .50 would cover.......paypal is making a f'ing killing on handleing fees :D

1270015[/snapback]

No worries.

Oh, and I just read the other thread related to the pick 'em:

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=135926

I honestly don't think this guy intended on swindling us out of our money. I think something happened to the guy, or maybe he took our $ and bet it on USC, and is now having trouble getting the money together. Especially since he gave Junkyard his physical address... which, by doing a little internet research, appears legit and gives a phone number. :D

No worries.

Oh, and I just read the other thread related to the pick 'em:

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=135926

I honestly don't think this guy intended on swindling us out of our money.  I think something happened to the guy, or maybe he took our $ and bet it on USC, and is now having trouble getting the money together.  Especially since he gave Junkyard his physical address... which, by doing a little internet research, appears legit and gives a phone number.  :D

1270025[/snapback]

Yea, i talked on the boards with coffeeman for a few years and it seemed like a no brainer for him to handle the funds, he's ran this contest for 3 years now. If something did happen then coffeeman please forgive my insensitivity........what still erks me is that you have been on this site numerous times since THE GAME and should have taken care of it beforehand. Again, pay up and it's no biggy provided we get some type of explanation of the events surrounding the disappeance of yourself.

NOTICE:

theeohiostate has elected to send me $10 (i believe it's $10.75 w/ fees) ... if the remaining 16 of you that were in the contest wish to do the same, i would very much appreciate it... should coffeeman ever step up and send me my winnings, i will of course send you 10 back...  you're not obligated to do this, though...

thanks everyone

1269908[/snapback]

D3 - Send me a PM with your address and I will drop a check in the mail this week. Sorry... no Paypal on my end. Good luck with that other info I sent you.

Junkyard

D3 - Send me a PM with your address and I will drop a check in the mail this week. Sorry... no Paypal on my end. Good luck with that other info I sent you.

Junkyard

1270163[/snapback]

Junkyard... don't worry about it. For those with PayPal, it's easy to transfer the money. Should he come clean and pay me, I can easily send these people their $ back. In your case, it would involve checks, envelopes, stamps, etc. Those things scare me. :D

I'll give it a week or so. I'll get back to you. I appreciate your offer though. We'll get this resolved.

Darin, III.  I'll resend to you.  No big deal.  What's the e-mail addy or whatever I need for paypal?

1270356[/snapback]

:D

1270365[/snapback]

Let me reiterate, I am not asking you guys to double-pay. It's appreciated, though, that's for sure. Rest assured that if I get paid by Coffeeman that I will disburse the "extra" payment to you within hours of receipt. Period.

Let me reiterate, I am not asking you guys to double-pay.  It's appreciated, though, that's for sure.  Rest assured that if I get paid by Coffeeman that I will disburse the "extra" payment to you within hours of receipt.  Period.

1270373[/snapback]

But what is the e-mail address for PayPal?

Hey OSwho,  why dont you put down

2000 - Oklahoma Sooners National Champs

in your sig line as well.    :D

1270636[/snapback]

I'm paying an extra $50 spot just to lose the one i've got now that i offered up to ronald mcdonald, i'd figured he give me something that had to do with my team or his but this is it :D

No f'ing way Owho ever touches this sigline. Unless we play ya' and we lose, then you can have it :D Mark that down, 1 year it's your to insult me as you please. See ya' in Tempe next year.

I'm paying an extra $50 spot just to lose the one i've got now that i offered up to ronald mcdonald, i'd figured he give me something that had to do with my team or his but this is it :D

No f'ing way Owho ever touches this sigline. Unless we play ya' and we lose, then you can have it :D  Mark that down, 1 year it's your to insult me as you please. See ya' in Tempe next year.

1270641[/snapback]

Hmmm, I beleive this is worth $50. OPbviously, if Coffee pays up I have to accept, but I am thinking that I will not accept the double $50. Seeing that your Sigline Offer was made in public. :D