[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2006 Recruiting class

theeohiostate

Any other Buckeye fans excited about the 2006 recruiting class :D

2006 Class

Ballard goes to my old high school and i've seen him in action several times, he'll be a great addition.

Chris Wells is a beast at RB and will be another Eddie George type RB at OSU. He may push Pittman for playing time next season.

Conner Smith will continue the OSU tradition of GREAT OT's, this kid is special.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any other Buckeye fans excited about the 2006 recruiting class :D

2006 Class

Ballard goes to my old high school and i've seen him in action several times, he'll be a great addition.

Chris Wells is a beast at RB and will be another Eddie George type RB at OSU.  He may push Pittman for playing time next season.

Conner Smith will continue the OSU tradition of GREAT OT's, this kid is special.

1266983[/snapback]

I hear that Wells has a chance to be better as a true freshman, than Clarett was as a true freshman.

I hear that Wells has a chance to be better as a true freshman, than Clarett was as a true freshman.

1267685[/snapback]

I don't see him replacing Pittman at all. Pittman had a solid season and while i'd like to see how he plays, may have to wait for 2007

ESPN isn't the best site for recruiting info, though I do like how they have three USC commits in their top 11. Scout and Rivals are the two largest companies that specialize in recruiting. Scout has Wells the No. 1 RB and No. 1 player overall, Stafon Johnson as the No. 2 RB and No. 4 player overall, future USC commit C.J. Gable as the No. 6 RB and  No. 25 player overall and Murray as the No. 8 RB and No. 38 player overall.

1268100[/snapback]

I do not think it matters the #1 or #5 RB, fact is Murray is someone Carrol wants badly, and he already has 2 of the top 3 S on committed, so I hardly think he could have had Murray if he wants him. And Stafan hasnt committed anywhere yet. In fact since the RB from Texas committed I read he is leaning towards Florida now.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

I don't see him replacing Pittman at all. Pittman had a solid season and while i'd like to see how he plays, may have to wait for 2007

1267699[/snapback]

You do not think they will give Wells a shot, after Pittman gets Stuffed in Austin, and OSU loses? Surely you guys will not give up after an early lose. You were right there in contention if UT or USC had lost this year.

Michigan has another loaded class as well, need a few more to finish near the top

of the big ten.

Buckeyes, have couple coming in I beleive Gant and Gibson.

1268645[/snapback]

I really like the class Mich is getting this year, can't believe they pulled Eugene away from the other schools.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey JG, what do you hear about SC's class? Petros Papadakis ("Captain of the Worst Team in the History of USC", for the non-locals) mentioned on his radio show yesterday that it is one of the craziest recruiting years in memory, with many coming down to the 2/1 wire. The only good thing is that Carroll doesn't sleep during recruiting season, so he has a leg up on the old coots...

Petros wondered aloud if losing the NC might've caused a few guys on the fence to go to Tex-ass and others. Benedict Arnold a-hole! That is just sick and wrong...

:D:D

Yeah because SC has NO TALENT at all after the pro prospects leave right sarge? SC had so much talent they didn't even know what to do with it the last 3 years. Southern Cal probably won't be as dominant as they were since 02, but certainly not fall off the face of the earth? And I highly doubt Notre Dame will just waltz into LA and blow out SC. Actually USC, might have there stiffest test from Nebraska early in the season, who I think will win the Big 12 next year. Go ahead and laugh, but Nebraska gets back to the Big 12 elite in 06.

Yeah because SC has NO TALENT at all after the pro prospects leave right sarge? SC had so much talent they didn't even know what to do with it the last 3 years. Southern Cal probably won't be as dominant as they were since 02, but certainly not fall off the face of the earth? And I highly doubt Notre Dame will just waltz into LA and blow out SC. Actually USC, might have there stiffest test from Nebraska early in the season, who I think will win the Big 12 next year. Go ahead and laugh, but Nebraska gets back to the Big 12 elite in 06.

1292064[/snapback]

Nebraska is a joke, now I know you are a complete idiot.

Personally speaking, I don't find 2 Big Ten championships in the last 4 years that sorry. But hey, you can be an a$$ about it. At least I'm not in here saying "I still think Iowa is better than USC despite getting spanked 38-17 in the 03' Orange Bowl"

No Oklahoma isn't a sad program, just there fans like sarge. You're a disgrace to Sooner Nation, you do realize that right?

Interesting take on Texas & USC recruiting below. While behind Florida as the best class, they are more 'reloading' than 'rebuilding'. Although the QB spot for both teams can't help but take a step back, and USC loses quite a bit at the RB also. But the D should be a bit better.

If you believe that recruiting is very important, a Pac10 trophy for USC and Big12 trophy for Texas are not yet out of the question....

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/story/9195105

But tomorrow is still a big day for some of the late commits...

RB obviously is a very important position for USC in recruiting this year. I think the Trojans will get five-star RB Stafon Johnson from Dorsey High. He is ranked No. 18 overall. A very nice power back with more speed than LenDale. C.J. Spiller, ranked No. 8, orally committed to USC according to a newspaper report, though he has yet to go public with the commitment. Spiller is from Florida and has sub-4.4 speed. The Trojans also did get four-star running back Emmanuel Moody, ranked No. 70 overall, who has some Bush-type moves. Moody is from Texas and previously gave the Longhorns an oral commitment before visiting USC and changing his mind. Of course, Gable also could help and so might Bradford.

1291168[/snapback]

Spiller just sent his LOI to Clemson.

My Noles should have another solid top 5 class. They need to go o-line hard. Granted. it's hard to get too hyped on kids in high school who have yet to do anything yet.