[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2006 Recruiting class

theeohiostate

Rivals has named USC the top recruiting class in the nation. USC averaged exactly 4 stars per recruit.

1300334[/snapback]

Congrats on the Champ in February, Lord knows you didnt win Athena on the field when it mattered. :D

OU has never had the top class, and is still a top 5 program. What would stoops do with Brown or Carrolls talent to start. 5 peat?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally speaking, I don't find 2 Big Ten championships in the last 4 years that sorry. But hey, you can be an a$$ about it. At least I'm not in here saying "I still think Iowa is better than USC despite getting spanked 38-17 in the 03' Orange Bowl"

No Oklahoma isn't a sad program, just there fans like sarge. You're a disgrace to Sooner Nation, you do realize that right?

1293892[/snapback]

How many outright Big 10 titles did Iowa win. Werent both of them shared, which is queer if you ask me.

Oklahoma isn't top five in February, January or any other month of the year.

1300458[/snapback]

LMAO, where has this asssclown been. OU has finished in the top 5 in 3 of the last 4 yrs.

Lets see if SC makes the top 5 next yr. Sure because of hype they may start there, but they wont play anyone but ND and their bowl game and will get trounced in both. BTW, how bout the Big 12 last yr. In a down yr, they still beat the best of the Puke 10 their #1 and #2 team in the bowls :D

You are a complete joke dude, you love to hang on my nuts, but yoru true colors were shown when either A) you couldnt come up with a 50 spot to play, or were just a mouth with no football IQ to compete. Either way, id have loved to spank your High ass.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

I was referring to this past year, one I'm sure you'd like to forget. Though, of course, Oklahoma was exposed as not being even a top 5 team by USC the previous year, regardless of its ranking. The Trojans have been top five the past four years, and top two in three of them.

I couldn't even imagine what depths it would require to overtake you as the joke of this board, Sgt. Clown.

1300509[/snapback]

You did that on Dec 10, 2004. But you could always leave the board and give it back to me. :D

How many outright Big 10 titles did Iowa win.  Werent both of them shared, which is queer if you ask me.

1300378[/snapback]

Well in 2002, Iowa went 8-0 winning in Happy Valley and Ann Arbor in the same year, and handing Michigan there worst home loss in 40 years. Unfortunately Ohio State wasn't on the schedule. Besides shared or not, it doesn't matter. Go try to take Robert Gallerys ring away from him tough guy. Shared titles are a reality. I'm certainly not going to apologize for them, certainly not the one where we went 8-0 in 2002, which was the toughest conference. Our 8th place team was better than your Big 12 North Champions. Wisconsin proved that. Wiscy could barely get the ball passed the 50 on Iowa. 8-0 in a conference that had 3 top 10 teams, and the best bowl record of any other conference. Nope, not going to apologize for nothin. And I'm not going to apologize for finishing in the top 10 in 02, 03, and 04 either. Another result that shows that Iowas program is not sorry.

Ahem, redirecting us back to the original recruiting topic, rivals.com has USC edging out Florida on the strength of last minute commits, including a couple nice ones from Texas - gotta love that.

Sooners break the top 10 at a respectable #9, and Iowa is #40. But that's just rivals, I haven't checked out all the other sites yet. You may now continue lady dog-slapping each other into oblivion..

Lets just say I prefer ESPN rankings over Rivals as ESPN is not bought off by coaches and parents to send money to get their kid ranked.

Either way, you can have the best regarded recruiting class, but if you dont have Norm Chow to teach leinart, or the new guy, or get an abundance at the same position that you are already loaded at, it doesnt really help that much. Hell Vince Young went to Texas who can coach offense a lick and won the NC and made himself into a top 3 draft pick next yr.

Lets just say I prefer ESPN rankings over Rivals as ESPN is not bought off by coaches and parents to send money to get their kid ranked. 

1300993[/snapback]

Well...ESPN has Florida & USC neck-n-neck #1 and #2, Texas #3 and Sooners #6. Not a whole lot different, but if it makes you feel better, I'm happy for you.

And yes, I agree that what happens on the field in the fall is more important than signing day on Feb. 1..

Texas will have the #1 recruiting class next year. They had most of their recruits commited prior to the Rose Bowl this year. They still filled all of their needs with top 10 players at the resepcted positions with the exception of the secondary, and I'm not that worried about the secondary, it is always good, and alwasy seeems to replace those they loose with guys just as good.

Texas will have the #1 recruiting class next year.  They had most of their recruits commited prior to the Rose Bowl this year.  They still filled all of their needs with top 10 players at the resepcted positions with the exception of the secondary, and I'm not that worried about the secondary, it is always good, and alwasy seeems to replace those they loose with guys just as good.

1301182[/snapback]

Rivals just listed that USC had the number one class for 2006

Here's CSTV's latest results http://www.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/stories/020106aeq.html

Edited by theeohiostate

Rivals just listed that USC had the number one class for 2006

Here's CSTV's latest results http://www.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/stories/020106aeq.html

1301245[/snapback]

I know, I am talking about next years recruiting class.

OK, I need either USC or Tx or TxA&M homers to weigh in: what's the scoop on this Michael Morgan kid Coach Pete cherry picked from Dallas? I find it hard to believe his position is LB at only 200 lbs., and that a LB was on the track team! Speed is good, but still...

That might fly in HS, but not in Div1A - does Pete plan to switch him to safety or RB? Don't the best LBs go more 230-250? Or is it possible to put on 30 lbs of muscle (in 1-2 yrs) and still be a LB, and not lose quickness?

Obviously he is just a great all around 'athlete' and Pete knows his value to fly to Tx. But he must be keeping his options open...

OK, I need either USC or Tx or TxA&M homers to weigh in: what's the scoop on this Michael Morgan kid Coach Pete cherry picked from Dallas?  I find it hard to believe his position is LB at only 200 lbs., and that a LB was on the track team!  Speed is good, but still...

That might fly in HS, but not in Div1A - does Pete plan to switch him to safety or RB?  Don't the best LBs go more 230-250?  Or is it possible to put on 30 lbs of muscle (in 1-2 yrs) and still be a LB, and not lose quickness?

Obviously he is just a great all around 'athlete' and Pete knows his value to fly to Tx.  But he must be keeping his options open...

1303166[/snapback]

Im not sure anyone else coveted him, so I wouldnt call it cherry picked. Its probably the best scholarship he could get.

Skyline High school is one of the worst football teams in the state, and its known as hard to get people to try out for athletics, which would explain the track comment. But he could have thrown the discuss, for all I know. Ive never heard of him or anyone who was looking at him.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

Im not sure anyone else coveted him, so I wouldnt call it cherry picked.  Its probably the best scholarship he could get.

1303178[/snapback]

Thanks for the help :D "Answer the QUESTION!"

Edit to add: Sorry sarge, a guy like this doesn't go begging for offers - they beat down his door:

MICHAEL MORGAN

He was named to the 2005 Parade All-American, Prep Star Dream Team, ESPN 150, Prep Star All-American, EA Sports All-American third team, Super Prep All-Southwest, Prep Star All-Midlands and All-State honorable mention squads as a senior linebacker at Skyline High in Dallas (Tex.)...He had 203 tackles and 10 sacks in 2005...As a junior in 2004, he recorded 98 tackles, 18 sacks and 7 forced fumbles...He also sprinted for Skyline's track team.

You are really unbelievable - but still fun to play with...

Edited by Coffeeman

Thanks for the help  :D  "Answer the QUESTION!"

Edit to add:  Sorry sarge, a guy like this doesn't go begging for offers - they beat down his door:

MICHAEL MORGAN

He was named to the 2005 Parade All-American, Prep Star Dream Team, ESPN 150, Prep Star All-American, EA Sports All-American third team, Super Prep All-Southwest, Prep Star All-Midlands and All-State honorable mention squads as a senior linebacker at Skyline High in Dallas (Tex.)...He had 203 tackles and 10 sacks in 2005...As a junior in 2004, he recorded 98 tackles, 18 sacks and 7 forced fumbles...He also sprinted for Skyline's track team.

You are really unbelievable - but still fun to play with...

1303200[/snapback]

I live outside of Dallas, and know most of the talent in this area, and Ive never heard of him. Butplaying for skyline high school where there is absolutely not talent from yr to yr, and the fact they were probably on defense 40 mins in every game, it makes since his tackle numbers would be incredible. Skyline is known for not having much talent, and when they do they ususally throw it away robbing a liquor store. If he was so great why didnt Texas, or OU offer him a scholarship.

I know you think SC is the best thing since sliced bread, but forgive me if I laugh at their so called dynasty and the ignorance of their fans. Sc hadnt done Athena for a 1.4 century and they win 1 Championship, and then they are hailed as the greatest team ever. Then Texas beats them for the title. Forgive me, Im not impressed, and most of the SC Juniors knew it was time to jump ship.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

I'll forgive your laughter if you'll forgive mine every time I think about when our teams last played each other. Does it still burn? Do you still think the better team lost that night? Like I said, you are unbelievable in every 'since' of the word. Especially when you insist on placing your smarts above the HS/college talent pros that ranked this kid among the top prospects in the country.

What do you do for a living again? Is it a paid football position at any level? If not, there is nothing left for me (all of us here, really) to do but laugh. Your spelling also needs work..

FSU was pretty high on Michael Morgan. Unfortunate we couldn't get him. Granted LB is a spot we're pretty loaded at. I also think we got commits from 3-4 highly ranked kids at that position. Pretty happy with that class. Would have liked to see a couple more linemen from it. We got 6 though, at least one of which is a juco transfer with 3 years of eligibility. I think the gem of the class has to be S Myron Rolle though. Who is already enrolled. Not only is he a stud athlete, but looks to be a smart kid with his head on straight. FSU needs more kids like that in the Dunn and Brooks mold.

2 championships sarge. 2. Please stop telling half the story. They may only have 1 BCS Championship, but they have 2 NCAA championships

1303399[/snapback]

You will not find anything in NCAA written material that refers to the AP poll winner as a "NCAA Champion", the NCAA refers to them as an "AP Poll Champion". It is also true that the NCAA does not refer to the BCS winner as a "NCAA Champion", but rather as a "BCS Champion". However, the one difference you will find between the two, in NCAA literature, is that the NCAA does say that the BCS was formed "to produce a consensus National Champion in D1-A Football, in the absence of a NCAA sponsored playoff".

The AP is a recognized national championship. The Coaches poll is a recognized national championship. If the BCS trophy didn't have ESPN/USA Today Coaches national champion on it, it would just be a pretty crystal ball.

1305335[/snapback]

If this post is in response to mine, I never said that the AP wasn't a recognized National Championship. What I said is that you would not find the NCAA referring to the AP winner as a National Champion, without some sort of qualifier. As for the BCS, the BCS clearly states that its purpose is to produce a consensuses national champion. USC is making a nice chunk of change off of the BCS, and is contractually obligated to it. So either USC intends for it to be a National Championship, or USC intends for it to just be a pretty crystal trinket, to appease the masses. You are closer to USC than I am, you tell me what their intention is.

Edited by rbmcdonald

We'll take it as a national championship trophy only because it has USA Today/ESPN Coaches national champion inscribed on it. If not for that, it would be a pretty crystal trinket.

1305668[/snapback]

It also states BCS National Champs which was created to determine the National Champ, and the game LSU and OU played was the National Championship game. Not the Rose Bowl. So its fair to say the media claimed SC the Chumps, but the NCAA, coaches poll, BCS and the sponsored National Championship game claims LSU is the champions. I think Id rather have those credentials than just the AP poll especially after its obvious the AP isnt needed any longer to determine anything related to college football. And for the record the AP poll was apart of the BCS formula, so the AP gave their input and it wasnt enough to overturn the rest of their criteria to even put SC in the title game. They were the 3rd best team in the country before that game.

I'll forgive your laughter if you'll forgive mine every time I think about when our teams last played each other.  Does it still burn?  Do you still think the better team lost that night?  Like I said, you are unbelievable in every 'since' of the word.  Especially when you insist on placing your smarts above the HS/college talent pros that ranked this kid among the top prospects in the country. 

What do you do for a living again?  Is it a paid football position at any level?  If not, there is nothing left for me (all of us here, really) to do but laugh.  Your spelling also needs work..

1303404[/snapback]

There is absoultely no doubt in my mind OU was the better team in 04, but played a very poor game and got beat, and because of turnovers it turned out to be bad. The second qtr killed the Sooners and they could never recover. But does that mean because of one night they were not on they couldnt be a better team. Forgive me if I do not believe New Orleans is better than Carolina this past yr, or many more examples of where the lesser team one. You turn the ball over 4 times and you lose. You press afterwards and get out of your gameplan and you usually lose bad.

For the records, I do not spellcheck in this forum, and I type over 90 words a minute and rarely even check them for typing errors. Also for the record I get paid to analysis football, give my spin on it as I write about it. I do not bring this up to brag in any way, its just a fact that needs to be mentioned.

We'll take it as a national championship trophy only because it has USA Today/ESPN Coaches national champion inscribed on it. If not for that, it would be a pretty crystal trinket.

1305668[/snapback]

So basically what you are saying is that USCs contractual obligation to the BCS were made solely to get more money, without regard to what the stated purpose of the BCS is, or with out regard to what the general public's opinion is. I.E. they did it for the cash and to appease the masses? That is a very Notre Dame like attitude don’t you think?