[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2006 Recruiting class

theeohiostate

Wow, so much to comment on here.

But does that mean because of one night they were not on they couldnt be a better team. (sic)

Can I conclude then that you are not in favor of a NCAA sponsored playoff? I mean all that a playoff will determine is which team scored more points on a particular day. Hmm we really need to change the way we do fantasy football. Why should someone get money just because their team scored more points on a given day? That does not mean that they drafted better or made better moves, just means their players were lucky on that given day. Why not just have everyone vote at the end of the season who should get the money?

There is absoultely no doubt in my mind OU was the better team in 04, (sic)

Actually, you would be better off with a play-off wouldn't you? That way you would be guaranteed to have no more than two national champions to argue about. The winner of the NCAA sponsored play-off and the winner of the "Sarge says they are the best team, and what they do on the field makes no difference" Poll.

You turn the ball over 4 times and you lose.

I realize that this comment is way out there, but some people (not professionals, of course) believe that turning the ball over or forcing another team into a situation where they are more likely to turn the ball over, is in fact an indication of which team is worse or better.

Also for the record I get paid to analysis football, give my spin on it as I write about it

Do you bother to spell check when you write professionally, or do you let someone that is less important than you do that?

For the records, I do not spellcheck in this forum, and I type over 90 words a minute and rarely even check them for typing errors. (sic)

On second thought, subtlety is probably not the best approach here. Do you realize that some people might read the above, and think what you are saying is “I am too important to worry about spelling and typing errors, and if you do not understand what I meant, that is your problem”?

Edited by rbmcdonald

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SO you admit OU was 40 pts better than Texas 2 of the last 6 yrs.

And hell yes I am for a playoff.

And yes I do use spell check professionally. Impressive spell check in the college forum isnt my idea an accomplishment., so forgive me as I dont use it.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

Impressive spell check in the college forum isnt my idea an accomplishment., so forgive me as I dont use it.

Yes, I would say that the results of the Texas/OU game from 2000-2004 left little doubt that OU was the better team, just as the 2005 results left little doubt that Texas was the better team. However, you do have to wonder what a Texas/USC match-up would have looked like at the end of the 2004 season.

I never said nor implied that use of spell-check in the college forum was impressive or an accomplishment. What comments were regarding what you said, how you said it and what the impression was.

I never said nor implied that use of spell-check in the college forum was impressive or an accomplishment.  What comments were regarding what you said, how you said it and what the impression was.

1307139[/snapback]

Who said I was referring to you. Coffeman called me out on that.

Texas couldnt even score on OU, no way they deserved to play SC in 04. If you are implying that, you are even more stupid than we thought. If anyone deserved a shot at Sc if it wasnt OU, its Auburn. Texas didnt deserve the Rose Bowl that yr, but classless Mack Brown lobbied for it, and California later bailed him out by being pancaked by tech. Texas wasnt a better team than OU, Vince was a better player than OU in 05 as he was SC. Texas without Young loses to Tech, OU, and Kansas.

Who said I was referring to you.  Coffeman called me out on that. 

Texas couldnt even score on OU, no way they deserved to play SC in 04.  If you are implying that, you are even more stupid than we thought.  If anyone deserved a shot at Sc if it wasnt OU, its Auburn.  Texas didnt deserve the Rose Bowl that yr, but classless Mack Brown lobbied for it, and California later bailed him out by being pancaked by tech.  Texas wasnt a better team than OU, Vince was a better player than OU in 05 as he was SC.  Texas without Young loses to Tech, OU, and Kansas.

1307241[/snapback]

I'm confused. LOL. Sarge, make up your mind.

Let me break it down for you.

Texas without Young loses 3-5 games the last 2 yrs, each yr.

mack didnt deserve the Rose Bowl 2 yrs ago, but Cal validated his BS lobby to get in. Auburn wasnt better than OU or SC, but they sure as hell were better than TEXAS, OUR TEXAS, OH HAIL THE MIGHTY STATE, TEXAS OUR TEXAS, SO WONDERFUL AND GREAT....

no way they deserved to play SC in 04.  If you are implying that, you are even more stupid than we thought.  If anyone deserved a shot at Sc if it wasnt OU, its Auburn.  Texas didnt deserve the Rose Bowl that yr, but classless Mack Brown lobbied for it, and California later bailed him out by being pancaked by tech.  Texas wasnt a better team than OU, Vince was a better player than OU in 05 as he was SC.  Texas without Young loses to Tech, OU, and Kansas.

1307241[/snapback]

I never said they deserved it, I just said that it would have been an interesting game to watch, certainly more entertaining than the USC/OU game.

An OU supporter referring to Mack Brown as "classless" does not even deserve a reply.

I agree that trying to have a reasonable discussion with you is completely stupid on my part. Just off of the top of my head, on 10/08/05, Texas had a better O-Line, better running backs, better receivers and a better secondary than OU. I would have to look a little closer to render an opinion on the D-Line and Linebackers. It is always an excuse with you, OU was better, but they fumbled, OU was better but Vince Young was too good, OU was better, but this person was hurt. But, But But……. I tell you what, I have a great new thread to start.

6 months from the Denver/Pitt game.

1310427[/snapback]

6 months! At least you can still post... I guess... even though everyone knows that you're someone's biaatch for 6 months.

Than again, that sig line could have been MUCH worse. He took it easy.

But he Texas was more than a one man team when they beat USC? Get where I'm going here Sarge. As usual you're a hypocreit. Just like in 2003, when RIGHT AFTER LSU beat Oklahoma, you said that you felt USC was the #1 team in the nation. Then you changed your mind when different fans started piling on, and now it's LSU. Which one is it? I'm just trying to get ANY kind of consistancy with you, but it's like going to a John Kerry fund raiser. You continue to waffle on everything when it suits you. If you're talking to a USC fan, Texas KILLED USC, and dominated both sides of the ball, and Reggie Bush had a TERRIBLE game (which he didn't). But now when you're talking to a Texas fan, Texas sucks, Vince Young was the one man team, and Texas would have had 8 losses the last 2 years without him. Exactly which one is it, because it certainly can't be both ways.

6 months!  At least you can still post... I guess... even though everyone knows that you're someone's biaatch for 6 months.

Than again, that sig line could have been MUCH worse.  He took it easy.

1311107[/snapback]

Hey I lost, and I honor my bets. I still cant believe I lost this bet, but clearly I did. F'n Shanny, again......

All you look like to most of us half the time is an insane goof ball, whether it's plugging your own team, or ripping other teams. You have the ability to go from one extreme to the other like I've never seen before.

1311181[/snapback]

Insane yes, goof ball, no. Try, Insane nut case. yeah thats better.

And one more thing I forgot to tell you, I could give a rats ass what I look like to you or anyone else here. Those who know me, know Im full of Athena most of the time. Those that don't, run their lip like you and John Galt. Which is amusing to me. So please keep up the good work, so I can crack on you both in the future. :D

That's all well and good, it just seems like you're wrong a lot more than most of us other nut cases. You sit here and rag on homers, when you're the biggest one of all.

1311222[/snapback]

I wouldnt say Im wrong more than you, I just let you think Im wrong more than you to set you up. More on that later.....