[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Peyton Manning's post-game comments

Swiss Cheezhead

Give me a friggin' break! The same QB who has been sacked a grand total of 44 times over the last THREE YEARS is complaining about protection?? I used to be a big fan of Peyton, but throwing his offensive line under the bus like that is really bad form.

The Chargers were blitzing? Throw to the hot route. Don't like the hot-route option? CALL A DIFFERENT PLAY. You ARE Peyton Manning, right? :D

I'm sorry, but Manning has more control over his fate than any other QB in the league. When the Colts are lighting up the scoreboard, Manning -- not the O-line -- gets the credit. Conversely, if that offense performs poorly, the blame should fall on Manning's shoulders. He's supposed to be finding the weaknesses in the defense.

If there aren't any weaknesses in the defense throughout the game, why not just give the Steelers credit afterward? Even if the offensive line DID play like ass, don't call them out in front of cameras and microphones. :D

After their recent asinine comments, I now know the true character of both Peyton Manning and Tom Brady.

After their recent asinine comments, I now know the true character of both Peyton Manning and Tom Brady.

1267778[/snapback]

Brady has never thrown any teammate under the bus.

He made a stupid comment about Marty S. after the Chargers game.

After being told the Jaguars felt like they were being disrespected, he said the Pats haven't been getting the respect. Call that crazy, but many people on this board were saying the Pats wouldn't have made the playoffs if they weren't in the AFC East.

Brady has never thrown any teammate under the bus.

He made a stupid comment about Marty S. after the Chargers game.

After being told the Jaguars felt like they were being disrespected, he said the Pats haven't been getting the respect.  Call that crazy, but many people on this board were saying the Pats wouldn't have made the playoffs if they weren't in the AFC East.

1267795[/snapback]

Manning can't even be compared to Brady... Two different leagues.

He was sacked 5 times and rushed all day. That is called protection problems. I don't see any problem with what he said, he gave Pittsburgh credit and stated the obvious. :D

He also said he would work on being a better player, and a better leader. I can't figure out why so many people dislike him and Brady? They are both great QBs, but it seems any time one of them stumbles everyopne loves to pile on. I just don't get it.

I can't figure out why so many people dislike him and Brady?  They are both great QBs, but it seems any time one of them stumbles everyopne loves to pile on.  I just don't get it.

1268169[/snapback]

I think it's because they're white.

He was sacked 5 times and rushed all day.  That is called protection problems.  I don't see any problem with what he said, he gave Pittsburgh credit and stated the obvious.  :D

He also said he would work on being a better player, and a better leader.  I can't figure out why so many people dislike him and Brady?  They are both great QBs, but it seems any time one of them stumbles everyopne loves to pile on.  I just don't get it.

1268169[/snapback]

He was nervous looking at the very start of the game, before he even got touched. I think he's a great qb and I like him, but he was having problems from the very beginning. Stand up there, give credit to the other team and move on, don't look for scapegoats.

He was sacked 5 times and rushed all day.  That is called protection problems.  I don't see any problem with what he said, he gave Pittsburgh credit and stated the obvious.  :D

He also said he would work on being a better player, and a better leader.  I can't figure out why so many people dislike him and Brady?  They are both great QBs, but it seems any time one of them stumbles everyopne loves to pile on.  I just don't get it.

1268169[/snapback]

As a University of Florida alumnus, I always liked Peyton.

"I'm trying to be a good teammate here."

Now why would he say that if he wasn't trying to, or didn't want to, blame somebody?

Sorry, but a QB cannot blame his "protection" after a loss when speaking to the media. At least not one who purports to be a leader.

1268169[/snapback]

Manning, as a leader, should not criticize his colleagues in public. It is one of the biggest no-nos in management, and he believes himself to be a manager.

That said, the answer to your question about people disliking Brady and Manning is simple - everybody envies the best and wants them to fall. It is a national trait.

That said, the answer to your question about people disliking Brady and Manning is simple - everybody envies the best and wants them to fall.  It is a national trait.

1268403[/snapback]

Probably explains much of the Favre hate, not to mention the dislike that gets thrown my way around here as well. :D

Probably explains much of the Favre hate, not to mention the dislike that gets thrown my way around here as well.  :D

1268408[/snapback]

The reason the media are always droning on about Favre's retirement is that they can't wait to run their little pieces on all the sports shows and in the papers. "Legend leaves the stage" and all the rest of the BS. It's easy work for them.

Bah - I hate journalists, the lazy scum.

1268169[/snapback]

He BARELY gave Pitt credit; it came across as almost an afterthought. I mean, he actually prefaced his non-team-player comments by saying "I'm trying to be a team player here..."

Plus, as I said before, heavy blitzing leaves people open. If Manning had done a better job calling audibles/making decisions/throwing accurately, the protection would have looked a lot better.

And, just so you know, Zia, I don't recall ever spreading "dislike" for Brady or Manning on this board. I agree that they're both great QBs. However, both of them have made really stupid comments in the last week or so. In both cases, I believe their comments reveal a part of their real personalities that aren't seen often.

And, just so you know, Zia, I don't recall ever spreading "dislike" for Brady or Manning on this board.

1268443[/snapback]

I was speaking in general, there are a lot of football fans that I talk to that can't stand Brady or Manning, and I dont see why that is other than what Ursa said. I didn't mean you in particular or even anyone on this board. :D

:D

those particular comments were indeed pretty lame. but i was just watching his whole pres conference and found him as a whole pretty gracious and well spoken. so i don't really think any less of him for calling his o-line out like that. losing is hard, and it may be even harder to talk about it afterward with grace.

those particular comments were indeed pretty lame.  but i was just watching his whole pres conference and found him as a whole pretty gracious and well spoken.  so i don't really think any less of him for calling his o-line out like that.  losing is hard, and it may be even harder to talk about it afterward with grace.

1268496[/snapback]

I gotta agree with Az's remarks here. I know I wouldn't want to be interviewed after a big emotional loss. I'd probably just tell'em all to go have sex with themselves.