[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Peyton Manning's post-game comments

Swiss Cheezhead

those particular comments were indeed pretty lame.  but i was just watching his whole pres conference and found him as a whole pretty gracious and well spoken.  so i don't really think any less of him for calling his o-line out like that.  losing is hard, and it may be even harder to talk about it afterward with grace.

1268496[/snapback]

Not to mention he was just telling the truth. they DID lose because of protection problems.

Brady stood up and took the questions, took responsibility with grace. :D

1268049[/snapback]

actually, i was impressed with the whole team after that loss to DEN...i almost expected Brady to pull his last stunt like he did against IND..but I digress

Brady has matured 10 fold this season, and I believe next year, he's league MVP... barring Smith getting 28 TD's himself of course. :D

"I'm trying to be a good teammate here."

Now why would he say that if he wasn't trying to, or didn't want to, blame somebody?

Sorry, but a QB cannot blame his "protection" after a loss when speaking to the media.  At least not one who purports to be a leader.

1268284[/snapback]

he in no way "blamed" anything. He said they had problems. And it's obvious they did. He didn't throw anyone under the bus. He stated a fact. It was a dent in their armor...

If anything, he blamed PIT for whupping their ass.

I gotta agree with Az's remarks here.  I know I wouldn't want to be interviewed after a big emotional loss.  I'd probably just tell'em all to go have sex with themselves.

1268509[/snapback]

yah or do like Brady did after that IND loss...just throw it out there and get out, go get your head straight..

At least he wasnt "next question"ing everything

Edited by LooGie

Not to mention he was just telling the truth. they DID lose because of protection problems.

1268512[/snapback]

I sorta' agree and sorta' disagree with this one. In the first couple of IND drives in the first half, and the first IND drive in the 2nd half, Manning had very happy feet. He was throwing awkward -- back foot, leaning way to the left -- whatever. His throws were sailing. To me (for what that's worth), his mechanics were way off in the start of both halves. And that played a big part in the field position the entire day -- unable to make first downs early and keep PIT deep on their side of the field.

Yes, protection was a problem. But Manning's mechanics in the beginning of each half hurt them more, imho, due to field position.

I sorta' agree and sorta' disagree with this one.  In the first couple of IND drives in the first half, and the first IND drive in the 2nd half, Manning had very happy feet.  He was throwing awkward -- back foot, leaning way to the left -- whatever.  His throws were sailing.  To me (for what that's worth), his mechanics were way off in the start of both halves.  And that played a big part in the field position the entire day -- unable to make first downs early and keep PIT deep on their side of the field.

Yes, protection was a problem.  But Manning's mechanics in the beginning of each half hurt them more, imho, due to field position.

1268537[/snapback]

nicely put. I'd agree. He was awkward out there, then he got his ass handed to him a few times, and showed his brilliance...then...he met his ass a few more times

"Up front we didn't do a very good job to begin the game," Colts center Jeff Saturday said. "We just didn't get it done. You can't spot a team like Pittsburgh in the playoffs like that."

Listen to this basturd! "We" didn't do a good job..."We" didn't get the job done. How come he's not saying "I" didn't do a good job...."I" didn't get it done? What kind of teammate is this Saturday guy, hanging his fellow offensive linemen out to dry like that!

Listen to this basturd!  "We" didn't do a good job..."We" didn't get the job done.  How come he's not saying "I" didn't do a good job...."I" didn't get it done?  What kind of teammate is this Saturday guy, hanging his fellow offensive linemen out to dry like that!

1269079[/snapback]

You shouldn't get caught up in the "I" or "we" sh*t.

The center is the captain of the offensive line. Saturday is criticizing himself and his line.

Manning in no way was criticizing himself when he blamed or criticized his protection.

What if Saturday had said "We just had trouble hitting the open receiver today?"

You shouldn't get caught up in the "I" or "we" sh*t.

The center is the captain of the offensive line.  Saturday is criticizing himself and his line.

Manning in no way was criticizing himself when he blamed or criticized his protection.

What if Saturday had said "We just had trouble hitting the open receiver today?"

1269231[/snapback]

Vet has a nice line in irony, doncha think? :D

• 3 weeks later...

In his first public comments since the Indianapolis Colts' 21-18 playoff loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers more than two weeks ago, quarterback Peyton Manning on Wednesday defended himself against the charge that he had laid all the blame for the team's offensive difficulties on the offensive line.

"I was perceived to have done something that I was 100 percent trying to avoid doing,'' Manning said at a hastily rescheduled awards presentation, attended only by staffers from three NFL-related properties, including Colts.com.

"You're saying, 'the offensive line.' I never said those words.''

After the game, Manning was roundly criticized, not only for his performance, but for the way he handled the postgame news conference. Several analysts, including Fox's Terry Bradshaw, felt Manning had verbally left his offensive linemen out to dry.

"I was being peppered with questions about their defense, and I could see where the whole thing was heading,'' Manning said. "I was kind of stuttering and stammering and trying to avoid any insinuation of that.

"I've never put the hat on anybody else. I never will do that and I did not do it that day. I've always been a team player. I always say, 'we,' and when I say, 'we,' it starts with me. I think people wanted me to pinpoint where the breakdowns were and specify (them), which I 100 percent did not do. I said we had protection problems, which we did.

"When I said 'protection,' protection is a concept. It's the quarterback. It's the scheme. It's you-name-it. Those were the words I chose and obviously I was surprised by the reaction, but I just don't (criticize teammates)."

from Indianapolis Star

Listen to this basturd!  "We" didn't do a good job..."We" didn't get the job done.  How come he's not saying "I" didn't do a good job...."I" didn't get it done?  What kind of teammate is this Saturday guy, hanging his fellow offensive linemen out to dry like that!

1269079[/snapback]

Because it is a team game and he is right, THEY did not get the job done. He is part of they.