[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

USC Billboard

neilfish2

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hardly.  SC had Bush, Leinart the last 2 yrs.  Take them away, and SC becomes Cal.

1344679[/snapback]

Uh, that would be 3 years (37-2), and you can't 'take them away' until this year, can you? This has got to be one of the dumbest things you've ever said, and you've said plenty of dumb things. Take away Michael Jordan and the Bulls don't win 6 rings; take away Joe Namath and the Jets don't have a SB win; take away Hitler and we don't have WWII... :D

And yes, the billboard does appear to be jealousy/sour grapes from Tiger fans. And yes, the media did overhype the whole dynasty thing. But that's what the media does to drive ratings and therefore revenue and therefore their personal and collective incomes. (I bet it worked too - how many of you did NOT watch the game?) Is this basic lesson in capitalism so hard to understand?

Too bad so many naive people let it burn them up enough to waste a bunch of time and money on a billboard.

Time to grow up and move on people. I personally think a 11-1 or 10-2 plus Rose bowl season is within reach for the Trojans this year - with a little luck. With an improved D and new QB and RBs ready to prove themselves. Let's discuss our teams' upcoming season, the combine, draft, etc...

Edited by Coffeeman

SC will not have a big drop off. The last time they had a brand new QB, they won the national championship. SC has so much talent they don't even know what to do with all of it. Will it be tough to win a NC. Absolutely. When isn't it? Are they still the class of the Pac 10. Yep. You can pretty much punch their ticket to the Rose Bowl right now as far as I'm concerned. Sorry, but SC will fade back, but not into obscurity, and certainly not as far as Oklahoma did this year. They won't lose to some mid-major like Texas Christian AT HOME! Wasn't everyone saying the same thing in 2003, when Carson Palmer and a bundle of talent from the 2002 team (which arguablly was the best team of SC's incredible run), and were starting some guy named Matt Leinart, and also had some freshman named Bush? They were saying the same thing. I personally don't think SC will win the NC next year, but I think they have as good a shot as anyone else. There really isn't a team that jumps out at you as a dominating team (yet).

And as far as coffee's quote, he is absolutely right. The media did all that to get ratings, they were doing there job of hyping up not only the Trojans, but made it that much sweeter (I'm sure) for the entire state of Texas when Texas won. I'm certainly not a Texas fan, but if I was, I would be beaming for joy right now moreso than any other time, not only because of the NC, but because they beat the team that was supposedly the greatest ever. And why were they the "greatest ever"? You guessed it, the media. I like to call the media, a necessary evil.