[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What to eat on Sunday

Sir Loins of Beef

Didn't know how many of you guys might want to try this-but back home this is traditional Saturday afternoon fare before you go to Tiger Stadium

Sausage-Chicken -Ham Jambalaya

1lb-hot sausage or andouille cut in 1/2 inch cubes

1lb-diced ham

1lb-skinless uncooked chicken cut in 1/2 inch cubes

2 large onions

3 celery sticks

1 green pepper

3 green onions

2 bal leaves

pinch of thyme

2 1/2 cups uncooked rice

3 cans tomatoes

salt-pepper-oregano-tabasco-to taste

chopped parsley-if using dried half as much

Use a heavy or large pot with lid. Brown sausage add ham and chicken. After browning add all ingredients until tender then drain off the fat residue. Add tomatoes, cook a few minutes, add uncooked rice, salt,thyme, bay leaves.

Cook uncovered 30 minutes. Turn occasionally with fork. Cover and simmer 1 hour stirring with fork so as not to stick. If needed, add a little water. Should cook dry, grain for grain. If you want to go seafood add before you simmer 1 hour.

All jambalaya means is smothered. Good luck and enjoy with a couple of nice cool ones.

Didn't know how many of you guys might want to try this-but back home this is traditional Saturday afternoon fare before you go to Tiger Stadium

Sausage-Chicken -Ham Jambalaya

1lb-hot sausage or andouille cut in 1/2 inch cubes 

1lb-diced ham

1lb-skinless uncooked chicken cut in 1/2 inch cubes

2 large onions

3 celery sticks

1 green pepper

3 green onions

2 bal leaves

pinch of thyme

2 1/2 cups uncooked rice

3 cans tomatoes

salt-pepper-oregano-tabasco-to taste

chopped parsley-if using dried half as much

Use a heavy or large pot with lid. Brown sausage add ham and chicken. After browning add all ingredients until tender then drain  off the fat residue. Add tomatoes, cook a few minutes, add uncooked rice, salt,thyme, bay leaves.

Cook uncovered 30 minutes. Turn occasionally with fork. Cover and simmer 1 hour stirring with fork so as not to stick. If needed, add a little water. Should cook dry, grain for grain.  If you want to go seafood add before you simmer 1 hour. 

All jambalaya means is smothered. Good luck and enjoy with a couple of nice cool ones.

1280036[/snapback]

:D No tomatoes in jambalaya... :D According to my "source", tomatoes in jambalaya is a very "New Orleans" thing to do. My source is from "The Jambalaya Capital of the World". :D I've had some goooood jambalaya over the past couple years, and will have a constant stream of it provided to me for the rest of my life.

In any case, throw the tomatoes in there if that suits ya! Thanks for the recipe, sounds delicious! :D

Edit to add link: here ya go!

Edited by darin3