[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

All Time Best NFL Hits

Guest Sores

Popular subject every year...

Yes, #27 was Atwater.

My vote is the same as in previous years...the hit on Okoye is still #1.

Couldn't agree more on the comments about Earl Campbell and especially Dennis Smith. I have never seen another footballer with less regard for his body then Smith.

Here's a better bigger link...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5...940452616&q=nfl

Anyone remember Steve Smith (Denver safety) hitting Largent?  Busted face guard, nose and teeth?  Wicked as that was, props to Largent - he played the next week.  :D

1281443[/snapback]

Forgot about that. As hard as Atwater hit, I think Smith hit harder. So many games were won in the 4th qtr. because Atwater and Smith hit receivers to hard during the game, they started to drop balls. :D

Never saw that exchange between Largent and the Denver DB before - those two hits happened in the same game?

Always liked Largent, now I like him even more.

1291378[/snapback]

The Den. safety was Mike Harden. Harden knocked out Largent with that hit, was fined, and I think busted his teeth, gave him a concusiion. Then the god- fearing family man got payback the very next time they played Denver. He unloaded on Harden :D - I think Largent later admitted it was the only time he ever wanted to hurt someone intentionally.