[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hey Menudo!

Bonehand

:D All right Menudo! You've had your week to gloat, spin , harp & holler.

I can understand your hesitancy seeing the hard cold inevitabilty ahead of you.

I would be scared too with the knowledge that my team's secondary is, in the Detroit vernacular, about to get torched like a crack house on Devil's Night.

Pittsburgh is about to walk into a buzzsaw, my friend. It's time to stop ducking me & get this bet in place! :D

Edited by Bonehand

:D  All right Menudo! You've had your week to gloat, spin , harp & holler.

I can understand your hesitancy seeing the hard cold inevitabilty ahead of you.

I would be scared too with the knowledge that my team's secondary is, in the Detroit vernacular, about to get torched like a crack house on Devil's Night.

Pittsburgh is about to walk into a buzzsaw, my friend. It's time to stop ducking me & get this bet in place! :D

1297436[/snapback]

I'm very confident in the Steelers ability to win the game on Sunday. I know that they had better come to play, because the Seahawks are for real.

Although, I am confident, I am also very superstitious. The last 3 sig line bets I made were the last Baltimore game, the 1st Colts game, and the 2nd Bengals game. These were all Steeler losses. Since those games, I have not made a sig or avatar bet, and the Steelers have not lost a game. I am not taking any chances, thanks for the offer, but I am going to pass. There is enough riding on Sunday's game.

I'm very confident in the Steelers ability to win the game on Sunday.  I know that they had better come to play, because the Seahawks are for real. 

Although, I am confident, I am also very superstitious.  The last 3 sig line bets I made were the last Baltimore game, the 1st Colts game, and the 2nd Bengals game.  These were all Steeler losses.  Since those games, I have not made a sig or avatar bet, and the Steelers have not lost a game.  I am not taking any chances, thanks for the offer, but I am going to pass.  There is enough riding on Sunday's game.

1297944[/snapback]

I quit doing sig and avi bets after that 3 game skid as well. I was hoping you wouldn't take this bet. I'm as superstitious as you are. Is it really going to determine the outcome of the game?..No. But I'm not taking any chances. :D

As for your sig / avatar bet, I'm willing to do that.  It is the Super Bowl !!!.  Give me some time, and I'll set up an organized Sig / Avatar bet.

1283447[/snapback]

Wow! Say it ain't so! I was just talking smack, but seeing the Huddle's most vociferous homer laid low by his own superstitious fears is the most depressing thing I've seen in weeks. Considering that you already agreed to the bet in principle, if I were you, a homer with the full faith & belief in the heart, skill, and focus of his beloved Pittsburgh Steelers, why I'd sack up, lick a few extra doorknobs or whatever I needed to do for luck, & put up my sigline with pride. As you so succinctly put it, "It is the Super Bowl !!!." The biggest game of the year. What are you saving it for?

Menudo, you are the shining beacon of homerness for Pittsburgh fans everywhere! Don't let the Steeler Nation down! :D

Edited by Bonehand

I'm very confident in the Steelers ability to win the game on Sunday.  I know that they had better come to play, because the Seahawks are for real. 

Although, I am confident, I am also very superstitious.  The last 3 sig line bets I made were the last Baltimore game, the 1st Colts game, and the 2nd Bengals game.  These were all Steeler losses.  Since those games, I have not made a sig or avatar bet, and the Steelers have not lost a game.  I am not taking any chances, thanks for the offer, but I am going to pass.  There is enough riding on Sunday's game.

1297944[/snapback]

But you broke your lucky mug and they still won. :D

Wow! Say it ain't so! I was just talking smack, but seeing the Huddle's most vociferous homer laid low by his own superstitious fears is the most depressing thing I've seen in weeks. Considering that you already agreed to the bet in principle, if I were you, a homer with the full faith & belief in the heart, skill, and focus of his beloved Pittsburgh Steelers, why I'd sack up, lick a few extra doorknobs or whatever I needed to do for luck, & put up my sigline with pride. As you so succinctly put it, "It is the Super Bowl !!!." The biggest game of the year. What are you saving it for? 

Menudo, you are the shining beacon of homerness for Pittsburgh fans everywhere! Don't let the Steeler Nation down!  :D

1297971[/snapback]

Maybe you should set up an organized bet.... give him a chance to get in on the Seahawks side of things.

Edited by NoSupe4You

Menudo, you are the shining beacon of homerness for Pittsburgh fans everywhere! Don't let the Steeler Nation down!  :D

1297971[/snapback]

Sorry to let you down, but, I'm out.

Sorry to let you down, but, I'm out.

1298050[/snapback]

Good enough. Shame to waste a perfectly good poem like that though. :D

Oh, by the way, if I ever see you in the same thread as I am, I expect you to avert your eyes. :D

Good enough. Shame to waste a perfectly good poem like that though.  :D

Oh, by the way, if I ever see you in the same thread as I am, I expect you to avert your eyes.  :D

1298060[/snapback]

:D I want to so badly, but, I just can't..... :D

Does that mean you'll take me up on my bet? No other Steeler fans seem to want to come out and play?  :D

1298709[/snapback]

Sorry. I am wicked superstitious too.

May the best team win!!!!!

:D

Steelers :D

Edited by Squeegiebo

Sorry.  I am wicked superstitious too. 

May the best team win!!!!!

Steelers :D

1298961[/snapback]

You've got to understand Bonehand, almost all of the Steeler fans were in on the bets when we lost three in a row. All then remember that during the current amazing win streak, there have been no sig / avatar bets...........we are all insane, and none of us are willing to mess with the Football Gods, just in case.

You've got to understand Bonehand, almost all of the Steeler fans were in on the bets when we lost three in a row.  All then remember that during the current amazing win streak, there have been no sig / avatar bets...........we are all insane, and none of us are willing to mess with the Football Gods, just in case.

1299046[/snapback]

All I can say is that the response from the Steeler fans on the Huddle to my sigline bet is totally weak. You folks as a whole have been talking smack incessantly for going on 2 weeks, dissing the Hawks record, questioning their opponents, etc., but when it's time to step up, you cite superstition & fold. Well, being able to pile on when you think you are in a position of power (favored by 4), & then turning tail when circumstances are against you (cursed by the football gods) doesn't make you superstitious, it makes you a bully, IMO. :D

If this is truly the case, if the Steelers do win, I shouldn't have to hear it from you people. :D

Edited by Bonehand

All I can say is that the response from the Steeler fans on the Huddle to my sigline bet is totally weak. You folks as a whole have been talking smack incessantly for going on 2 weeks, dissing the Hawks record, questioning their opponents, etc., but when it's time to step up, you cite superstition & fold. Well, being able to pile on when you think you are in a position of power (favored by 4), & then turning tail when circumstances are against you (cursed by the football gods) doesn't make you superstitious, it makes you a bully, IMO.  :D

If this is truly the case, if the Steelers do win, I shouldn't have to hear it from you people.  :D

1299090[/snapback]

For one, it hasn't been Steeler fans saying the negative things about the Seahawks. It has been non-Steeler Huddlers. You won't find one post where I said anything negative about them. I completely respect the team.

As for your attempt to bait, we Steeler fans, into the bet, use stronger bait.... :D

If you don't want to have to hear it from us after the game, the only advice I can give, is AVOID THE HUDDLE............ :D

For one, it hasn't been Steeler fans saying the negative things about the Seahawks.  It has been non-Steeler Huddlers.  You won't find one post where I said anything negative about them.  I completely respect the team.

As for your attempt to bait, we Steeler fans, into the bet, use stronger bait.... :D

If you don't want to have to hear it from us after the game, the only advice I can give, is AVOID THE HUDDLE............  :D

1299179[/snapback]

I'm going to want to hear everything you have to say after the game... unfortunately I don't think you will be around for a few days to say it.

I'm going to want to hear everything you have to say after the game... unfortunately I don't think you will be around for a few days to say it.

1299185[/snapback]

Trust me, I will be here no matter what the result is.

So, am I reading this correctly. Steeler fans believe that their team can't win if one of them does a sig bet on the game? The only chance they have is if the "Football Gods" are happy with the entire Steller faithful?

Not a lot of faith in their team. :D

So, am I reading this correctly.  Steeler fans believe that their team can't win if one of them does a sig bet on the game?  The only chance they have is if the "Football Gods" are happy with the entire Steller faithful?

Not a lot of faith in their team.  :D

1299221[/snapback]

Good one. :D