[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Super Bowl MVP

pedroz13

Is it that uncommon for the league MVP to be the SB MVP? Did K. Warner win SB MVP and MVP in the same year? I was trying to think of recent history and how often its happened.

Its also always a fun wager for the SB...so I'm sort of curious whether or not Shaun is worth the money. I would think if SEA wins it it has to be Shaun or Hass, although you never know....Tatupu might come up with some big plays. On second thought maybe I'll avoid this wager completely.

Is it that uncommon for the league MVP to be the SB MVP?

1286026[/snapback]

Yes. 40 years, Bradshaw in '78, Emmitt in '93, and Warner in '99 are the only guys who've done it.

So assuming past trends indicate current chances, that's 37:3 odds or a 7.5% chance of it occurring.

If SA does win both, your payout should be pretty nice. :D

Bettis?- hell naw- the fridge aint gonna do squat-

1292539[/snapback]

I dunno; I'd be VERY surprised if Cowher doesn't give him the start, and if he's got a hot hand on the first series, the Chin may very well stick with him. I'd probably rate him just below Hass on the "likely MVP scale" - call it the Ottis Anderson Syndrome if the Steelers win, he has a halfway decent game, and no other Pitt offensive players really light it up.

Yeah I think the odds on favorties gotta be in this order:

SA

Ben

Hass

Troy

Djax

Ward

Bettis?- hell naw- the fridge aint gonna do squat-

1292539[/snapback]

I'd put them like this:

Hass

Ben

Alexander

Polamalu (or however you spell it)

Ward

Jackson

Maybe the best longshot is to bet on "defensive player of Polynesian descent" - that covers both Tatupu and Polamalu (and Von Oelhoeffen, IIRC).

1292584[/snapback]

Hmmmm.... wonder what kind of odds I can get on that?

Only thee Def players have ever won I believe.

I dunno; I'd be VERY surprised if Cowher doesn't give him the start, and if he's got a hot hand on the first series, the Chin may very well stick with him. I'd probably rate him just below Hass on the "likely MVP scale" - call it the Ottis Anderson Syndrome if the Steelers win, he has a halfway decent game, and no other Pitt offensive players really light it up.

1292560[/snapback]

As a Seahawk fan- I hope they run the Bus, I would much rather see him and his 3.3 ypc than Parker. Parker has the potential to break one- the bus is just broke. I really do not see him running the ball well at all.