[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I hate all the coverage on the Steelers

thinkaboutit27

Everytime I turn on the TV, surf the web, and listen to sports radio programs (Mike and Mike in the Morning, etc), all I hear is Steelers this and Steelers that.

Mike and Mike spend close to 30 minutes breaking down the Steelers/Broncos game, but spend like 2 minutes on the Seahawks.

Plus everyone seems to have a hard-on about Ben Rothleisberger.

I hope the Steelers flop big time, so people can say how 'great' the Seahawks are and how 'great' that they 'dismanted' and 'disected' the Steelers defense.

On how they confused the Steeler's QB and how he is only a second year player, EVEN though they currently say how poised and accurate he is against the Broncos.

Which by the way, the Broncos had no business being the #2 seed in the AFC.

Everytime  I turn on the TV, surf the web, and listen to sports radio programs (Mike and Mike in the Morning, etc), all I hear is Steelers this and Steelers that.

Mike and Mike spend close to 30 minutes breaking down the Steelers/Broncos game, but spend like 2 minutes on the Seahawks.

Plus everyone seems to have a hard-on about Ben Rothleisberger.

I hope the Steelers flop big time, so people can say how 'great' the Seahawks are and how 'great' that they 'dismanted' and 'disected' the Steelers defense.

On how they confused the Steeler's QB and how he is only a second year player, EVEN though they currently say how poised and accurate he is against the Broncos.

Which by the way, the Broncos had no business being the #2 seed in the AFC.

1286729[/snapback]

:D

Yes, the Broncos had no business being the #2 seed, going 13-3 in the AFC West is not at all impressive. :D

Sorry, the Seahawks were a #1 seed who held ground, while the Steelers just beat the #1, 2, & 3 seeds on the road, and are simply the bigger story right now. None of this has anything to do with the game. The Steelers and most of their fans have the utmost respect for the Seahawks, who gives a Oprah what the media thinks.

You have missed the forest for the trees.

Were Seattle to win all you would hear for the next year is how Pitt blew it. How they just had an off day. Blah dee blah.

You still wouldn't know that Seattle played in the game.

1286749[/snapback]

That's the perils of having no history...

1286752[/snapback]

True.

Half the people in this country have no idea where the Northwest is, let alone where Seattle is.

Lord I hate the media... they have no idea that you have to have two teams to play the game. I have no idea why Seattle is even showing up.

Oh well. At least some here at the Huddle know there are two teams. Right Menudo? :oldrazz:

1286752[/snapback]

I think that and that fact that the media loves the Bettis angle is most of what is driving the media right now. Plus you have to admit that being the 6th seed and taking out the 1,2, and 3 on the road is a pretty big story. I don't think it matters that it is Pittsburgh that did it as I think any team would get this coverage if they did the same thing.

Having said that, no one in Pittsburgh is forgetting that the league MVP and a pretty darn good QB run that offense. We know that Seattle is going to show up and should make for a very good SB.

Oh and before I forget, that crack on Denver has got to be a joke. Either that or this entire thread is just a :D trip which I sort of think it may be. And if so I am talking mostly to Sky with this post. :D

I think that and that fact that the media loves the Bettis angle is most of what is driving the media right now.

1286774[/snapback]

Yeah, the whole Ward crying after the loss last year, and the supposed Big Ben promising to get Bettis to the SB if he played 1 more year is a bunch of chick flick stuff. It's the only story they can find to report on since they seem to know nothing of the northwest. I fully expect when we win to still have no respect, but that's just fine with me. The Hawks winning the SB once in my lifetime is more than I could ask for.

You have missed the forest for the trees.

Were Seattle to win all you would hear for the next year is how Pitt blew it. How they just had an off day. Blah dee blah.

You still wouldn't know that Seattle played in the game.

1286749[/snapback]

here-here! :D

This is TRULY ridiculous!!!

So the media really does suck. Now I hate ESPN's NFL Live.

Okay, so the 'Opening Drive' segment is focused on the lack of respect for the Seahawks.

So what do they do? They start of the show talking about the f*cking Steelers and interviewing a few players, blah blah blah.

Then they finally start talking about the Seahawks.

What do they say? Oh yeah, these guys (Seahawks) are good. Look at their stats and who they have on their team.

The spend like 5 minutes at most on this and the go RIGHT BACK to the Steelers and show MORE highlights on the Steelers.

I seriously hope the Steelers lose. I really, really do. I do NOT want to see Bettis celebrate with his family. I don't know why...it's just annoying.

I think that and that fact that the media loves the Bettis angle is most of what is driving the media right now.  Plus you have to admit that being the 6th seed and taking out the 1,2, and 3 on the road is a pretty big story.  I don't think it matters that it is Pittsburgh that did it as I think any team would get this coverage if they did the same thing.

Having said that, no one in Pittsburgh is forgetting that the league MVP and a pretty darn good QB run that offense.  We know that Seattle is going to show up and should make for a very good SB.

Oh and before I forget, that crack on Denver has got to be a joke.  Either that or this entire thread is just a  :D trip which I sort of think it may be.  And if so I am talking mostly to Sky with this post. :D

1286774[/snapback]

I could agree with your assessment (which is probably spot on) except for one very big thing....... everyone ignores the NW/Seattle/Portland. Even the Weather Channel only gives this area a quick one sentence blurb.

Going to be a good game anyway. :D

And the thread starter was good until it got to the Denver statement... which I ignored.

Funny, 'cause I watched Sportscenter this morning and saw some long story about Holmgren and Hasselbeck and Favre, but saw nothing about the Steelers.

Steelers are the first 6 seed ever to make the Superbowl - no one expected them to make it. Seahawks were the 1 seed - they were expected to make the Superbowl.

The media is about entertainment and they grasp tear jerker stories whereever and whenever they are. Bettis returning home his last year is a good story.

There will be Seattle stories and if they do win I think they will be given credit. I don't agree it will be all The Steelers lost it, although there will be some of that.

Remember too the top 5 AFC teams are better than any in the NFC according to most people.

Many don't know where Seattle is, but many of them don't know where Milwaukee, the Dakotas, Wyoming or Utah are either. Or Rhode island.

I dunno, Sea getting no respect is like stated before- young sports city with no real success or tradition- PERIOD. Hawks being one of the last franchises to reach the SB- playing against the tradition of Pitt, Bus, the new Roth lovefest- FINE. Let the media reun with it. We Seattleites are used to not getting national pub.- the game will decide it, and our respect, due will come in time.

As for people not knowing where Seattle is- Then who in the hell are all these people moving into OUR CITY??

Californians migrating north like they do every spring?

1287429[/snapback]

Yes, but it is more than that now- midwest, east coast, SW- they are all invading. I meet people now in business, socially- and they are surprised I am actually a native. It is getting out of control.

.....I am actually a native.

1287533[/snapback]

:D You are a very rare species. Found only in the wilds of Pioneer Square I believe.

I'm from Alaska myself... living in a city where probably 80% of the population is military, retired military, and transplanted civil service people...... so I can understand your concern. :D

Edited by skylive5

Yes, but it is more than that now- midwest, east coast, SW- they are all invading. I meet people now in business, socially- and they are surprised I am actually a native.  It is getting out of control.

1287533[/snapback]

Agreed. Native here.