[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

SI's list of 5 coaches that will in the SB

charty

Can't believe they actually left off Madden. He should've made the list just because the players were able to lift his fat ass onto their shoulders after the win.  :D

1287795[/snapback]

:D Those guys were never the same after that.

The list, like SI, is hardly based in NFL history. All it really cares about is who is hot now. No Landry? Guy made 5 Superbowl's, that alone get's him on the list. It sounds like a homer, but Tom FLores won 2 Superbowls in 4 years and had a 8-3 post season record.

And how can you even come up with a list of locks? That is such a shallow list, Kubiak? Really, these guys are geniuses if they can tell me a guy is a lock to win one before he has ever coached a single game while a guy like Andy Reid is off the list.

And how can you even come up with a list of locks? That is such a shallow list, Kubiak? Really, these guys are geniuses if they can tell me a guy is a lock to win one before he has ever coached a single game while a guy like Andy Reid is off the list.

1287875[/snapback]

It's classic SI crap. Throw a name like Kubiak out there, get idiots like us to talk about it, if he wins one they look like geniuses, if he never wins one no one will remember that they wrote it.

Just like everyone reads 'DR. Z's SB PICKS'. You always remember when he actually predicts one team that makes it to the SB, and people love discussing it.....but no one cares when its wrong. In case anyone's curious.....

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/...5/scout.report/

A few notables -- Bears predicted to go 3-13. Ravens to win division. Jets to go 10-6 and a wilcard team. Seahawks to miss the playoffs.

I wish I could write up my picks and have Dr. Z's margin of error. He's been doing this for a long, long time.

Edited by pedroz13

Can't believe they actually left off Madden. He should've made the list just because the players were able to lift his fat ass onto their shoulders after the win.  :D

1287795[/snapback]

Madden was 1-7 in AFC Championship games (1 of the losses as actually the AFL Championship game). That 1 win led to his only SB win. I can see him being left off.

Some of the others, like Landry, Walsh's ranking, and Kubiak are very questionable.

ok guys it IS "super bowl coaches", meaning only their coaching in super bowls is relevant to this particular question. if you're pissed because a coach who is 2-3 in super bowls got left off in favor of one who is 2-0, well then you're just too stupid to understand what they're talking about :D

Edited by Azazello1313

Madden was 1-7 in AFC Championship games (1 of the losses as actually the AFL Championship game).  That 1 win led to his only SB win.  I can see him being left off.

Some of the others, like Landry, Walsh's ranking, and Kubiak are very questionable.

1288287[/snapback]

Cool!! People seem to agree with me with Bill being #6 (that its garbage!!)....I thought I was going to be accused of being a homer :D:D:D

Edited by NinersIn2006!

Madden was 1-7 in AFC Championship games (1 of the losses as actually the AFL Championship game).  That 1 win led to his only SB win.  I can see him being left off.

1288287[/snapback]

Although 1-7 doesn't sound too good, that was done over -I think- 10 straight seasons, which is pretty impressive.

Wait a second - he went 2-3 in the game, which means only Carson and Levy lost more.

1287800[/snapback]

I'd put more emphasis on the MAKING it to 5. And in two of the 3 losses his Cowboys gave Noll's Steelers all they could handle.

Truth to be told, I'd probably rather have Landry coaching my team than Chuck Noll no matter the situation. Noll is grossly overrated.