[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Super bowl party spread

Catfish

Do you brine your pork and or poultry prior to smoking? Are you a dry rub man? Do you make your BBQ sauce?

I understand that BBQ details are fiercely guarded, but I’ll appreciate any you care to divulge.

1305902[/snapback]

I have brined the pork shoulder before, and tastes great. Usually put a dry rub on the ribs and will probably put some on the turkey today.

I will also do an injection for pork shoulder, and usually just do straight apple juice for that. Couple that with using apple wood for the fuel and you have a great subtle apple flavor to the meat. I try to get the internal tempurature of the pork up to 190-200, which makes it perefect to be able to pull apart for pulled-pork sammiches.

The brisket we usually just lightly spinkle some dry rub on it. If you want some recipes or other ideas, I have no problem sharing. And by no means am I an expert on this: I just like to experiment alot with different techniques.

I also have a great way to do ribs on a gas grill if you wouldn't have a smoker.

Edited by Chief Dick

The menu at 'Hawk Central is as follows:

Hot wings

Chips & salsa

Veggie platter (Celery,baby brocolli, Carrots, Red pepper sticks) w/ ranch dip

Salami, Prosciutto, NY Sharp Cheddar, Brie, Asst crackers.

Philly Cheesesteak Spring Rolls w/ 2 dipping sauces

The beverages for today are Alaskan Amber, Red Hook Copper Ale, & Warsteiner.

And also party keg of Virgil's Root Beer for the kids.

Edited by Bonehand