[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Onterrio Smith

Wally

Wow, a non-Steelers post. At least for the moment.

1290236[/snapback]

I don't think he will be as good as Willie Parker. :D

It is a shame, the guy appears to have a ton of talent, but, like many before him, and many yet to come, it will probably go wasted.

An Onterrio Smith post in January just doesn't make sense to me.

Do you think this guy was up all night thinking about this and just had to post it to get everyone else's opinion?

Come back with this post in August and I'm sure it will get better responses.

Onterrio Smith has said that he has cleaned up and genuinely wants to come back to play for the Vikings. Take that with a grain of salt... he's been in a lot of trouble, but a year off might be enough to help him straighten up.

The Vikings new Head Coach, Childress has said two things that lead me to believe that Onterrio could be a big factor next season... first of all when asked about all of the off-field problems that the Vikings have had (including Love Boat and Whizzinator) he replied that all of the players have a clean slate with him coming in. Secondly, either today or yesterday, Childress said something like, he didn't think the Vikings needed to necessarily go after a big name RB, and that he could do well with a RBBC approach with the players he already has. Now, that doesn't mean that he won't go after a big name RB if Wylf puts up the cash, it just means that the RB position is not the #1 priority for Childress's off-season plans, because he thinks he can successfully coach what we've got.

Now, RBBC never sounds good for anyone from a Fantasy prospective, but I think if Childress does NOT go after someone like Edge or Alexander, that Onterrio would end up winning the starting job outright in competition with Minnesota's other RB's. He has more moves, game speed, field vision, and ability to stay healthy, than all of the other backs combined. Given the opportunity, and assuming he keeps clean, Onterrio could easily be a top 10 RB or better.

IMO he may be a huge sleeper next year depending of course upon what happens during the offseason.

Now, RBBC never sounds good for anyone from a Fantasy prospective, but I think if Childress does NOT go after someone like Edge or Alexander, that Onterrio would end up winning the starting job outright in competition with Minnesota's other RB's.  He has more moves, game speed, field vision, and ability to stay healthy, than all of the other backs combined.  Given the opportunity, and assuming he keeps clean, Onterrio could easily be a top 10 RB or better.

IMO he may be a huge sleeper next year depending of course upon what happens during the offseason.

1290451[/snapback]

insert tice for childress and i believe you could have found this same advice before this season ...

I don't think he will be as good as Willie Parker.    :D

It is a shame, the guy appears to have a ton of talent, but, like many before him, and many yet to come, it will probably go wasted.

1290269[/snapback]

Nothing like watching a guy pi$$ away his career :D

An Onterrio Smith post in January just doesn't make sense to me.

Do you think this guy was up all night thinking about this and just had to post it to get everyone else's opinion?

Come back with this post in August and I'm sure it will get better responses.

1290341[/snapback]

The Superbowl is the deadline for me to pick up keepers in my auction/dynasty league. It's a 14 team league and the opportunity to pick up a starting RB at 2% of my total cap is a huge opportunity. A gamble for sure, but a chance to have a player next year whose payoff per salary amount would be very large.

Anyway, sorry to make you think about something other than the Super Bowl and whether or not you should bet heads or tails for the opening coin toss.

The Superbowl is the deadline for me to pick up keepers in my auction/dynasty league.  It's a 14 team league and the opportunity to pick up a starting RB at 2% of my total cap is a huge opportunity.  A gamble for sure, but a chance to have a player next year whose payoff per salary amount would be very large. 

Anyway, sorry to make you think about something other than the Super Bowl and whether or not you should bet heads or tails for the opening coin toss.

1292265[/snapback]

Good answer, the first part, not the second part.

Anyways I don't gamble but I got to tell you that I really like Tails this year.

But what if Bettis calls it tails but the Ref hears heads, man that could really through Vegas upside down. Hey it could happen. :D

Fun Fact-

Some time ago Onterrio Smith played against Lance Briggs (both played tailback, and each had 200+ yards) here in a sacramento-area high school championship game. Smith holds a lot of California High School records, including TDs with some rediculous 50+ number in one season.

What a waste of talent. I hope they do something with him.

• 2 weeks later...
Don't forget the offense Childress came from in Philly.  Very heavy on the pass.  I don't know if any RB has a good chance in Minnesota.

1290630[/snapback]

Sure there is, it's the one that catches the ball the best ala Westbrook style. Whichever one that is will be the most valuable Vikings RB and a decent pick if your league awards 1pt/rec....especially if Brad Johnson is the starting QB.

Don't forget the offense Childress came from in Philly.  Very heavy on the pass.  I don't know if any RB has a good chance in Minnesota.

1290630[/snapback]

When Duce was running they had a power running game and he was used coming out of the backfield. Onterrio and Moore were both good in those areas.