[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fantasy Football TV shows

msaint

what i definitely would not do is pair up a former pop star who got lucky with one album alongside a geek from a web site to try and dispense knowledge.  that just sounds like a train wreck waiting to happen ...

:D

hey, hey, i'm just kidding!

love your show.  love it.

1291762[/snapback]

Love even more that you call it "my" show.....:D

I'll say getting up to date injury status on NFL players are the most important to me. The indepth analysis of games is nice to hear but, you've got to take it with a grain of salt unless there's some inside info you haven't heard through the week and usually it's either an injury or weather. Weather is easy enough to check on though.

Injuries, ya that's the ticket... :D

Fantasy Fix, IMHO, is probably the best one, but it is not perfect.  It is taped in advance, so the injury info is sometime out-of-date.  As another Huddler mentioned, Fantasyguru.com and Footballinjuries.com people do come on this  show.  I watch it if it's not on too late.  This bunch will go out on a limb and pick some true sleepers.

The Ultimate Fantasy Football show (Moon, Kramer and those other two dorks) is definitely a train wreck.  They guys are masters of stating the obvious.  They're sleeper picks are a joke.  Just four guys yelling at the TV.  :D  :D

1291745[/snapback]

Or the altogether stoopid! I swear, I think it was 2 years ago second week of the season they said something like, "Check your WW and pick up McNabb!". :D

For the most part I don't watch these shows. I don't need any help recommending that Edgerrin James be started this week. The fantasy shows are pretty lame in that they recommend starting players that we all know should be started anyway.

I watch the NFL channel for information on teams and players and then use that information to make my decisions.

It's very difficult to make a FF tv program that results in late breaking news. In fact, I'd say that it's impossible. How many times have I seen such a tv program and find something that I haven't already heard on the internet? Try zero times.

But I never stop trying. If the program only produced news items read by an anchorperson, it would never work. It has to be entertaining. That is why Meatloaf is on the tube instead of Les Nessman. :D

Even late breaking news on tv wouldn't be able to be known faster than getting it on the internet. Besides, how many times have we been told that someone is going to play and even start just to see them dressed and not get a single snap or even end up being in street clothes at kickoff?

Even late breaking news on tv wouldn't be able to be known faster than getting it on the internet.  Besides, how many times have we been told that someone is going to play and even start just to see them dressed and not get a single snap or even end up being in street clothes at kickoff?

1292019[/snapback]

Let me guess--You were a Corey Dillon owner this past season. :D

I don't much like the FF TV shows I've seen thus far. I typically find the coverage to be superficial in comparison to what is already rattling around in my head. I've often thought if I had my own FF TV show, it'd have a heavy emphasis on detailed discussion/analysis of stats and trends, rather than just rehashing last week's box-scores. But that wouldn't appeal to a very wide audience, so "my" show would likely get canceled pretty quick. So maybe you mix in some discussion of those stats and stuff over a BBQ setting where NFL or fantasy gurus also share grilling recipes and stuff to keep it things less impenetrable for the more casual FF folks.

Then allow a couple callers to ask questions, or answer some email advice in the last few minutes.

Edited by yo mama

Come to think of it, about the only useful fantasy info I get on TV at all is from Chris Mortensen on ESPN's NFL countdown. He always has something good, but that's not even a fantasy show, strictly speaking. :D

Edited by Bonehand

I don't much like the FF TV shows I've seen thus far.  I typically find the coverage to be superficial in comparison to what is already rattling around in my head.  I've often thought if I had my own FF TV show, it'd have a heavy emphasis on detailed discussion/analysis of stats and trends, rather than just rehashing last week's box-scores.  But that wouldn't appeal to a very wide audience, so "my" show would likely get canceled pretty quick.  So maybe you mix in some discussion of those stats and stuff over a BBQ setting where NFL or fantasy gurus also share grilling recipes and stuff to keep it things less impenetrable for the more casual FF folks.

Then allow a couple callers to ask questions, or answer some email advice in the last few minutes.

1292732[/snapback]

Don't forget cheerleaders in their bikinis'. :D You'd have a hugh audience. Maybe even talk some football afterwards. :D Seriously though, that doesn't sound like a bad show predraft. If not TV definitely radio if it's not there already. If it's serious stuff I think it would go over. There's a lot of us out here that are into ff that would appreciate a show like that. It would probably have to be satellite though.

Don't forget cheerleaders in their bikinis'. :D  You'd have a hugh audience. Maybe even talk some football afterwards. :D  Seriously though, that doesn't sound like a bad show predraft. If not TV definitely radio if it's not there already. If it's serious stuff I think it would go over. There's a lot of us out here that are into ff that would appreciate a show like that. It would probably have to be satellite though.

1293142[/snapback]

If I had a FF TV show? Breasts. Lots of them. Like a Vote Quimby2 Av.

I wonder who would be willing to host such a program. :D I'd be happy just taking care of loose ends, like fitting costumes and such...loose strings on bikinis... :D

1293163[/snapback]

I can tie my own bikini, thank you very much.

The way I see it the concept of a fantasy football show itself may be flawed. There are numerous barriers none the least of which is the fact that few TV execs have a clue about the subject matter, or it's core audience base of knowledge.

You need a market share to make the show profitable. The TV executives answer to this is to bring out the "fluff" in the form of celebrities. (who are far too busy and successful to really have a clue what fantasy football is all about)

Meanwhile the hardcore (us) are left bored and wanting more substance.

And of course, here at the Huddle message boards (the center of the universe in fantasy football) we have little need for the 3 day old Yahoo inspired information that is given in a taped broadcast.

What we want is informed opinions. We want people with a track record of success that know our "hobby" inside and out speaking intelligently on the subject.

Unfortunately this is forbidden on network television.

To be quite honest, I think you could take a group of nutjobs from this message board, clean them up and herd them into a television studio, and put on a better telecast than we have endured to this point.

msaint, if you have something cooking I would like to apply for a position. :D

The way I see it the concept of a fantasy football show itself may be flawed.  There are numerous barriers none the least of which is the fact that few TV execs have a clue about the subject matter, or it's core audience base of knowledge.

You need a market share to make the show profitable.  The TV executives answer to this is to bring out the "fluff" in the form of celebrities. (who are far too busy and successful to really have a clue what fantasy football is all about) 

And of course, here at the Huddle message boards (the center of the universe in fantasy football) we have little need for the 3 day old Yahoo inspired information that is given in a taped broadcast.

What we want is informed opinions.  We want people with a track record of success that know our "hobby" inside and out speaking intelligently on the subject.

To be quite honest, I think you could take a group of nutjobs from this message board, clean them up and herd them into a television studio, and put on a better telecast than we have endured to this point.

msaint, if you have something cooking I would like to apply for a position.  :D

1293400[/snapback]

Agreed.

And if ratings aren't what you expect after a half-season, introduce the Huddle Fist Fights in person. :D

The way I see it the concept of a fantasy football show itself may be flawed.  There are numerous barriers none the least of which is the fact that few TV execs have a clue about the subject matter, or it's core audience base of knowledge.

Think I disagree here. I think the 'sports' people at the networks and cable stations know... it's just that it doesn't sell .

You need a market share to make the show profitable.  The TV executives answer to this is to bring out the "fluff" in the form of celebrities. (who are far too busy and successful to really have a clue what fantasy football is all about) 

How very true.

What we want is informed opinions.  We want people with a track record of success that know our "hobby" inside and out speaking intelligently on the subject.

Without a doubt.

Huddler's do clean up quite nice. :D

msaint, if you have something cooking I would like to apply for a position.   :D

1293400[/snapback]

I think that one of the biggest problems for the TV execs is that they pitch the type of programming hardcore FF people want to the wrong advertisers. We don't need exclusive advertising by sports oriented companies. We don't need NASCAR, crappy shoes from spammers, or the NBA to advertise. We will watch any commercial if it leads to what we really want....... FF substance.

Wish I knew decision making people in the business. I would pitch a DMD/WW hour long FF show featuring some of the people who write the articles here. I would have it on at 12-1PM ET on Sunday morning and I would have pertinent, up-to-date, info running across the bottom... not who is leading the league in FG's.

We don't care if someone is 'photogenic' or 'fluff'. Not a priority. We want substance and we will take it from anyone that is worthwhile. :D

Edited by skylive5

Ive found the Ultimate Fantasy Football show to be repetitive and ineffective in telling who you really need to start an hour before gametime. Its taped way too early in the week to be useful. I dont need Erik Kramer to tell me to start Larry Johnson over Kevin Barlow, or that Antonio Gates is a 5 star TE this week. I have a local radio show Fantasy Island[Chicago] that airs at 8am on Sundays I listen to mainly for weather reports and injuries.The Huddle is by far the most useful tool I use for picking starters. Many of the members are so knowledgeable that they could have their own shows and Id probably watch.

Edited by Red Barons

I think that I have only seen the one with Kramer and another one.

A complete joke.  They are barely "masters of the obvious."

To do it right, you should probably have it on Sunday morning.  And you'd need a couple of geeks to host it - not some retread ex-athlete.

Should anybody be interested, I am knowledgeable, well-spoken and photogenic.  :D

1291659[/snapback]

They do have that little geek on that show... Doesn't help. I swear he tries to make his voice deeper so people will think he is bigger. I watched it last year just to be watching something "Fantasy" but I didn't even bother once this year.