[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL to have third game on Turkey Day...

NinersIn2006!

Check out the link!! What I like best is the third game on Turkey Day. I dont know about all of you, but I am usually BORED OUT OF MY MIND Turkey Day night...should be fun!!

Also, did anyone know that NBC took over Sunday Night Football starting next year...its in this article too...

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/9193472

This news blows IMO.I have charter cable and cannot get the NFL network.Wonderful 8 prime time games I will not be able to see next season. :D

1293580[/snapback]

I have to imagine with this new info, alot of cable companies are going to try to get the NFL Network, and the NFL will be happy to oblige...they arent going to want to show games that many great fans have no access to...

If not, do yourself a favor and get DirecTV and get the NFL SUnday Ticket Package next August...they always run a special where you

1) Sign up for DirecTV service (free installation)

2) Order NFL Sunday Ticket (at a discounted rate)

3) Get their platinum programming package for four months FOR FREE (and that is like EVERY channel known to man).

After the four months are done, you can go down to a package that is more like basic cable if you so desire. I did that deal when I signed up a few years ago, and its a great deal!!

I hope I didn't violate any "advertising" rules in expressing this here. I am in no way affiliated with DirecTV, just a satisfied customer.

The games will be shown in and around the team's region. Chances are it may have already been a game not televised on national T.V. on a Sunday afternoon anyway, so you may well have not been able to see it anyway, unless you live in the team's region. I think that makes sense, the way I worded it that is! :D

I have to agree with Puddy.  The Cowboys and Lions played on T day when nobody else would.  Now that it doesn't suck anymore, everyone else wants to get into the act.

1293530[/snapback]

It still sucks. Because of the Lions Thanksgiving football has sucked forever!

Most of the country hates watching the Lions play on Thanksgiving, it's like getting teeth pulled. At least now there's a chance of watching a decent game on that day. I can’t say the same thing about Dallas because at least they have a strong fan base nationally, but as someone that dislikes both those teams, I personally think this is terrific news.

I just hope they switch up the game year to year. Try and schedule a game w/ 2 potentially good teams that could have some excitement to it, but w/ my luck it will end up being a Cleveland Brown game every year.