[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

T.O a Bronco?

kryptonite

Could you imagine T.O. and Romo in the same locker room....LOL.....

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5292520

While most NFL teams slow down in their off-season, Terrell Owens' off-season is just heating up.

Denver sources have told FOXSports.com that the Pro Bowl wide receiver and his agent Drew Rosenhaus went to Denver on Monday to meet with Broncos officials at the house of coach Mike Shanahan. Shanahan wasn't present at the meeting, according to sources, but others in the organization met privately with Owens.

Owens and his agent have been given permission to seek a trade out of Philadelphia. And teams such as Denver, Dallas, Tampa Bay and Miami have been linked to his services.

Owens' days in Philadelphia have been anything but quiet, as he's publicly questioned quarterback Donovan McNabb's ability to run a team and has clashed with head coach Andy Reid.

The Eagles dismissed Owens from the team in early November after the controversial wideout got into a fight with former teammate Hugh Douglas inside the team's practice facility.

Owens apologized to the team two days after the incident in a memorable press conference outside of his New Jersey home, but he was not invited back for the rest of the season.

If Owens does not get traded by the beginning of March, the Eagles will release him. And it is expected that any team that signs him will pay him well, but any deal will be contingent upon him being a perfect soldier.

Denver sources have told FOXSports.com that the Pro Bowl wide receiver and his agent Drew Rosenhaus went to Denver on Monday to meet with Broncos officials at the house of coach Mike Shanahan. Shanahan wasn't present at the meeting, according to sources, but others in the organization met privately with Owens.

1297388[/snapback]

Shanahan just lending out his house for meetings?

If I remember correctly, the Broncos are 30 mil over the cap. They would have to be very creative with a back end loaded contract. As a Broncos fan, I have mixed opinions on this, we all know how good he is on the field and we also know how good he is at taking teams apart... i.e. SF and Philly, he even did a little damage to Baltimore, without playing a down!

Edited by sundaynfl

It was on the news this morning that he was meeting with the team... but that nothing is going to happen until March 1st.

If we DID sign T.O., it would have to be a low-risk incentive laden contract. I'd hate to think we put up good money for a high risk.

I don't like him at all. But everyone has that crazy dream that they can date the stripper, you know? "She'll never cheat on me."

It was on the news this morning that he was meeting with the team... but that nothing is going to happen until March 1st.

If we DID sign T.O., it would have to be a low-risk incentive laden contract.  I'd hate to think we put up good money for a high risk.

I don't like him at all.  But everyone has that crazy dream that they can date the stripper, you know?  "She'll never cheat on me."

1297478[/snapback]

I'll tell you (and all Bronco fans) the same thing I said to Philly fans when he went there...good luck (you'll need it!!)

Not sure exactly why but I have a gut feeling that if this should happen it could work out. Maybe Skelator's personality or the tutoring from Rod Smith, it just seems like a good fit.

If it did happen it would most certainly make Denver a very dangerous offensive team. What effect would it have on Rod Smith? He is after all the #1 receiver. Would they move Rod to the slot maybe? The big player would be Lelie.

TO in Denver is going to be insane. Denver is guaranteed PO spot with TO.

1297403[/snapback]

Plummer is still the QB :D ...........I wouldn't say PO spot is "guaranteed".

The real Jake Plummer reemerged during the playoffs.

If we DID sign T.O., it would have to be a low-risk incentive laden contract.  I'd hate to think we put up good money for a high risk.

I don't like him at all.  But everyone has that crazy dream that they can date the stripper, you know?  "She'll never cheat on me."

1297478[/snapback]

To continue the analogy, you had better hope that Shanny is ordering penicillin by the wheelbarrow :D .

Not sure exactly why but I have a gut feeling that if this should happen it could work out. Maybe Skelator's personality or the tutoring from Rod Smith,  it just seems like a good fit.

If it did happen it would most certainly make Denver a very dangerous offensive team. What effect would it have on Rod Smith? He is after all the #1 receiver. Would they move Rod to the slot maybe? The big player would be Lelie.

1297590[/snapback]

The only reason it might work out is because T.O. had his ass handed to him last year and he knows now that he doesn't control everything. No one can change this guy or control him. The only reason he may be a good soldier is because he doesn't want to lose anymore money. My guess is he is a good teammate for year #1 under a low contract. After that he will cry that he has been good and deserves a new big contract.

Here is what I think is the most realistic situation (I'm sure EVERYONE cares about what I think right???):

TO goes to a team with a good running game, good QB and has a spot for him in the passing game (say Denver for example). He gets an average signing bonus and a very incentive laden contract with the option to the team to renew after one year. He stays a good boy this year knowing that if he blows up again so soon it's probably his last chance to play ever again.

If he hit the incentives and was good all year, the team picks up the option and gives him another bonus and then slightly increases the base and adds to the incentives. If this happens everything is good for the second season and the same formula keeps going where he gets a bigger roster bonus check at the beginning, a bigger base and bigger incentives until the honeymoon ends.

If he doesn't hit the incentives, he cries and his NFL playing career is done and I buy an Owens Blue Bomber jersey and he takes us to the Grey Cup in 2007.

Plummer is still the QB :D ...........I wouldn't say PO spot is "guaranteed".

The real Jake Plummer reemerged during the playoffs.

1297887[/snapback]

No, just in the AFC Championship game.

1298055[/snapback]

:D I don't get this at all. Did you watch the game?

I'm the first guy to bash Plummer, but we lost that game because we couldn't play defense on 3rd down. Once Pit was ahead by a mile, what could we do but throw the ball?

Don't blame Jake. And yes... Denver's playoff spot is guaranteed even without TO. :D