[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Post Superbowl Stress Disorder

kpholmes

I really cant get into it...I went to an LA Avengers game a few years back. I was sitting in pretty good seats, ones that we got FOR FREE for taking a five minute survey.

It was fun for about the first half, but then I found myself wondering, why do I care about these players?? But then again, if the Avengers made it to the Arena Bowl, I may get into it a little.

One thing I do have to ask, why doesnt the NFL go there for more kickers??(Vanderjagt is the only former AFL kicker I can think of, there may be more...) I understand they dont have to deal with the elements, but the kick through a set of posts that some of the bigger linemen couldnt fit through!! I would give more of them a try...

It seems like the WRs go offside on every snap of the ball.  It's legal in AFL?

1298920[/snapback]

It may look that way, but the receiver can legally move forward prior to the snap so he looks like he's ahead of the line of scrimmage, but is there at the snap, but that lets the defense know when the ball is being snapped.

BTW, I did see my first AFL game last weekend. I can say it was more excitingthat a NBA game. But wait until I tell Spain the mascot's name. :D

i wouldnt mind them getting a team in cleveland or around here.. it gives people something to do on the weekend.. even if you dont care much for the teams, its still a sporting event and entertaining enough to go. tickets i would guess are not much.. of course id have to sport my steelers jersey to all the cleveland faithful. :D

I have been a fan since 2002, I go to about 2 games a year, its good cheap fun. I think they allow more illegal stuff/hard hits in the game, compared to the NFL. I wish the officials were a bit better. When your there you high five every 2 minutes, a lot of action going on.

2 years ago I was thinking of getting season tix, they were $65. How can you go wrong? Ill go to a rush game over a hawks game here in chitown.

2 years ago I was thinking of getting season tix, they were $65. How can you go wrong? Ill go to a rush game over a hawks game here in chitown.

1299363[/snapback]

thats what im saying.. i enjoy going to cleveland cavs games, but since lebron came, ticket prices have gone through the roof. im talking about double the prices.. $49 to sit in the darn upper deck is absurd for a basketball game. $120+ to sit lower level is even worse. those arent even ebay, thats face value.

Gave it a try but I just cannot handle it.After football I shut it down in the sports department.NCAA tourney is OK because I always do a bracket or two.Pistons are incredible this season and I will watch them a little once the playoffs start.Hockey blows IMO.Don't know about you guys but the NFL has done something right.I do not think any other sport comes close to it.

NFLfootball is tops with me, as college football provides a excellent back drop, and football Thursday and Saturday's. After the Panthers season has ended, I switch into ACC Hoops gear(WolfPack Alumni)-The Conf Play, The ACC Tourney-Love it, then if your team has played well enough-The Dance. My bridge after ACC/NCAA Hoops is Golf(playing and watching) playing club tourneys and watching the Majors and other big tourneys(Players Champ, The Memorial(Jacks), Bay Hill Invit(Arneys)The Colonial, Pebble Beach Pro-Am.). Tis the Offseason.