[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chiefs interested in Owens

Chief Dick

Get this: my cousin has a friend/co-worker who has a friend who's a stripper in Vegas (I wish I knew a stripper in Vegas....always wanted to...). Where was I? Oh, OK bear with me...and this stripper friend was "hanging out" with T.O. recently and he said straight up, without question, and said it several times, that he's going to be playing in....

Dallas.

Nothing like information twice removed and filtered through a stripper, I know, but make of it what you will. :D

Get this: my cousin has a friend/co-worker who has a friend who's a stripper in Vegas (I wish I knew a stripper in Vegas....always wanted to...). Where was I? Oh, OK bear with me...and this stripper friend was "hanging out" with T.O. recently and he said straight up, without question, and said it several times, that he's going to be playing in....

Dallas.

1298876[/snapback]

One of the big reasons to hang here..... you just cannot beat this kind of inside info. :D

Dallas.

Nothing like information twice removed and filtered through a stripper, I know, but make of it what you will. :D

1298876[/snapback]

oh the secrets people will tell when staring at nekkid bresteses

Dallas.

1298876[/snapback]

This post is lacking something.

Lacking a certain je ne sais quoi.

A picture maybe? :D

Dallas.

1298876[/snapback]

BANG! This is why I joined. :D

TO in Dallas is perfect! TO in KC is perfect!!

(I still have his useless assss in a keeper league and the wolves are just waiting for me to cut him).

Dallas.

1298876[/snapback]

Did she keep the towel on?

Dallas.

1298876[/snapback]

TO and Meshawn, together at last. I can't wait to see the Bang.

Dallas.

1298876[/snapback]

Was that Candy? Man you can't trust that hoe....... Now ShaNaNa, told me straight up that during that Garcia-Owens three way that TO was talking Green Bay

Where was I? Oh, OK bear with me...and this stripper friend was "hanging out" with T.O. recently and he said straight up, without question, and said it several times, that he's going to be playing in....

Dallas.

1298876[/snapback]

Who needs Chris Mortensen?

Obviously the stripper was from Dallas and a football fan. ("Yeah baby, I'll definitely be in Dallas! Super Bowl baby!").

Who needs Chris Mortensen?

Obviously the stripper was from Dallas and a football fan.  ("Yeah baby, I'll definitely be in Dallas!  Super Bowl baby!").

1299091[/snapback]

:D

You can see TO saying, "Oh, you live in Dallas during the football season? Um, sure, Amber, we can have a long term, committed relationship down in Dallas next year...if you, you know, 'hook a brutha up' tonight..."

And here's the article folks.

Posted on Wed, Feb. 01, 2006

KC may take T.O.Chiefs probably would wait for Eagles to cut superstar receiverBy ELIZABETH MERRILLThe Kansas City StarThree months ago, when Dick Vermeil occupied the large fourth-floor office at Arrowhead Stadium, the Chiefs said they absolutely, positively had no interest in embattled receiver Terrell Owens.

That icy stance has changed.

Chiefs president/general manager Carl Peterson told The Star on Tuesday that Kansas City was “somewhat interested” in Owens and that Peterson planned to have an in-depth conversation with new coach Herm Edwards about the possibility of acquiring the five-time Pro Bowler.

Two things have apparently piqued the Chiefs’ interest — the hope of a possible attitude makeover after Owens’ suspension by the Eagles, and Edwards’ success in working with difficult players.

Edwards, who stresses a team-first mentality, was able to work his magic on the likes of Warren Sapp in Tampa Bay and Ty Law in New York. He’d have his hands full with Owens, who was suspended by the Eagles in November after he repeatedly criticized his team, the front office and quarterback Donovan McNabb.

“I’ve always felt Herm has the ability to bridge the gap between a lot of players,” Peterson said, “whether they’re black or white, whether they’re offense or defense or special teams, whether they’re superstars or backup players. I think that’s one of his strengths.

“Now, based on that, certainly I will have this conversation with him, and I’m sure there are other teams in the NFL who will do the same thing. But there are a lot of things that would go into it, and at the end of the day, we both may very well decide this is not the right path in which to try and follow.”

Owens has five seasons left on his contract, but the Eagles recently gave his agent, Drew Rosenhaus, permission to seek a trade. Owens reportedly visited Denver on Monday in what was called a getting-acquainted session. If no team bites on a trade, the Eagles are expected to cut Owens next month; he is due more than $7 million from Philadelphia if he’s on the roster after March 1.

The Chiefs probably will wait to see whether Owens is cut. A source familiar with the situation told The Star that an incentive-laden, one-year deal would be a possibility.

Reached on his cell phone, Rosenhaus said he had no comment on Owens’ interest in the Chiefs. “I can’t,” he said. The source indicated, however, that Rosenhaus has approached the Chiefs to gauge their interest in his client.

On the surface, Kansas City would appear to be a good fit for Owens. The Chiefs have a veteran locker room and a high-powered offense with just one hole — a big-play, marquee receiver. Eddie Kennison, who recently turned 33, is the closest the Chiefs have. He has put together back-to-back 1,000-yard seasons, but Kansas City’s wideout production drops dramatically from there.

Before his suspension, Owens torched the Chiefs for 171 yards in a 37-31 loss to the Eagles last October. After the game, he chortled, “Can’t stop me … can’t stop me … can’t stop me,” in the Arrowhead Stadium locker room.

Owens is one of just six receivers in NFL history to score 100 touchdowns. He helped Philadelphia make the Super Bowl in his first season there in 2004. But things went downhill the following spring, when Owens took a jab at McNabb by saying McNabb got tired in the Super Bowl.

Then came a contract dispute with the Eagles, and more shots at McNabb and the organization. In two different NFL cities, Owens, who entered the league in San Francisco in 1996, has been known as much for his antics as his play. As a young 49er, he was suspended and fined more than $24,000 after celebrating on the Cowboys’ star at Texas Stadium. A few years later, he pulled out a Sharpie after a touchdown.

The Chiefs and a handful of other teams are hoping Owens’ time away from football has made him contrite. Owens recently seemed humbled and soft-spoken in an unscripted commercial for Boost Mobile during the playoffs. He indicated his three months away from football had made him hungry.

“Like everybody, you have to respect his on-the-field talent,” Peterson said. “The guy is the best. But he’s missed half the season, he’s going to be a year older …

“I think what may have changed, and what I hope has changed, is the ultimate attitude of Terrell Owens. Now that he’s had a chance to step back and reflect on what has happened, how it happened and what type of reaction it had … Maybe he can say, ‘I screwed up.’ ”

The two sides of Terrell

There is no doubt that Terrell Owens is a gifted wide receiver. But there is also no doubt that he comes with a lot of baggage. The 49ers found that out. So did the Eagles. If the Chiefs decide to take a chance, they’ll have to take the bad with the good.

Good attitude

■ Catches nine passes in Super Bowl less than two months after surgery for a damaged ankle and broken leg.

■ Welcomes “Desperate Housewives” with open arms.

■ Doesn’t mind when people drop by his house to watch him do a few sit-ups.

■ If you need something to write with, he may have a Sharpie in his sock.

■ Visits victims of Hurricane Katrina on his day off.

Bad attitude

■ Never met a contract he didn’t want to renegotiate.

■ No Chunky for you! Gained reputation as NFL’s No. 1 rapper with all the shots he took at Donovan McNabb.

■ Calls Philadelphia a “classless” organization — which is probably why the Eagles don’t mind being a “T.O.-less” organization.

■ Displays lack of respect for “America’s Team.”

I think it is probably more of KC is interested in keeping TO out of Denver than KC is interested in TO.

1299417[/snapback]

That and driving up the price. It's been reported that Abraham has been in for a physical, although not publicly and he only wants to play for Herm. We are somewhere 15-20 mill over the cap, sure their are a lot of guys who wee are going to release to get under the cap, but looking at Abraham, Law(again), and a DE in FA, it would seem very unlikely that the Chiefs would really be doing anything other than screwing with the cap cheater Shanarat.

Dallas.

1298876[/snapback]

Allow me to be the 1st person(maybe I'm not sure) to say that I'd take him in Dallas.Everyone else says how they hope their team does'nt sign him,blah blah.The man is a complete ass.But he's gonna be playin' for someone and I'd rather have him on my team than my opponents.

Allow me to be the 1st person(maybe I'm not sure) to say that I'd take him in Dallas.Everyone else says how they hope  their team does'nt sign him,blah blah.The man is a complete ass.But he's gonna be playin' for someone and I'd rather have him on my team than my opponents.

1300366[/snapback]

Funny thing is that he can do a little of both. He can play for your team and still hep the other team. :D

I think it is probably more of KC is interested in keeping TO out of Denver than KC is interested in TO.

1299417[/snapback]

Good point. That makes a lot of sense. TO doesn't really seem to fit the KC atmosphere.