[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tivo question

ChuckB

I figured I would turn to my all knowing Huddle brethren on this one. I've networked my Tivo through my computer since I don't have a ground phone line and all is well, except for the fact it doesn't recognize my pay channels :D What I mean by that is, if I channel up on the remote it will skip right by Starz, Encore, and HBO and go straight to the next nonpay channel. However, if I key the channel number in it works but has no info for me. How do I get teh Tivo to recognize these channels, is there a way to manually add them to the Tivos list of channels? Any help would be appreciated and if anyone comes up with a solution Puddy would be happy to do tax return for you on me :D

P.S. In order for the free tax return you must transmit all tax info via the Tailgate boards :D

In the TiVo menus... there is definitely a place to choose what channels appear in the guide and what you scroll through.

I don't have my TiVo plugged in anymore, so I can't walk you through it.

If I recall correctly, there are channel listings for any users you have set up, and pressing the "Who" button will cycle through the users. You may have a user set up for "All Channels"... or maybe not.

try this. from the main menu, go to

messages and setup --> settings --> channels --> channels you receive. then you should be able to select your movie channels, assuming those are the only ones that are missing. it should download the info for you the next time it connects to tivo.

try this. from the main menu, go to

messages and setup --> settings --> channels --> channels you receive. then you should be able to select your movie channels, assuming those are the only ones that are missing. it should download the info for you the next time it connects to tivo.

1300563[/snapback]

Channels you recrive should do it but I would set up favotites(same area). Get rid of any channels you don't want.

Channels you recrive should do it but I would set up favotites(same area). Get rid of any channels you don't want.

1300658[/snapback]

That sounds familiar. That's what I did. One user was for all the channels I received... and then a user was set up for my particular favorites for scanning and guide. The "Who" button would switch between them.

Interestingly, the home shopping networks and religious channels didn't make either cut.