[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Texans headed in the right direction

Ziachild007

I really like they staff that Kubiak is putting together in Houston. I think the hiring of Mike Sherman to coach the offensive line could be hugh (according to some reports, he has accepted the job, but Kubiak has said Sherman has not decided anything yet.) The only hire I am not too sure about is the hiring of Kyle Shanahan, Mikes son and former UT WR. The Texans do have a young WR corps (except for Bradford, 31), but I am not sure how much help a 24 year old coach, only 2 years removed from college himself can give them.

Here is how the staff looks so far:

Offensive coordinator/QB Coach - Troy Calhoun

Offensive Line Coach - Mike Sherman (hopefully)

Running backs coach - Chick Harris

Wide Receivers coach - Kyle Shanahan

Defensive coordinator - Richard Smith

Defensive Line coach - :D

Linebacker coach - :D (Was going to be Smith, with Frank Bush as the D-coordinator, but Arizona would not give him permission to interview)

Defensive Backs Coach - Jon Hoke

Special Teams Coordinator - Joe Marciano

Edited by Ziachild007

I had no idea Sherman was hired for the line. I thought he was OC.

My, how the mighty have fallen (even Tice has landed a asst head coaching job)

I can't imagine that Shermin will last in that position any longer than a year. But until that time - I agree. Nice staff.

I had no idea Sherman was hired for the line.  I thought he was OC.

My, how the mighty have fallen (even Tice has landed a asst head coaching job)

I can't imagine that Shermin will last in that position any longer than a year.  But until that time - I agree.  Nice staff.

1300803[/snapback]

I assume if/when he does accept the job, he will have the Asst Head Coach/Line Coach title.

Wide Receivers coach - Kyle Shanahan 

1300784[/snapback]

When you have an organization made up of 31 billionaires (correct me if I am wrong, but GB is still publicly held, right?), the fact of the matter is that who you know, will always be more important then what you know. Ultimately, they really do not care what anyone else thinks, as long as the seats get sold and the televisions get turned on.

I do not know anything about his high School Career, but every since, Kyle Shanahan has been give things, based on who he was, and not what he could do. UT, Tampa and now the Texans. Kind of sad, really. When he gets up in the morning and looks in the mirror, do you think that he believes he is really looking at a NFL caliber coach? Or does he just think “wow, being Mike Shanahan’s son is really cool”. I guess his mother should be glad his dad is a football coach, and not a NASCAR driver.

• 2 weeks later...
That is terrible. From a HC job to O-Line coach... Sounds like Art Shell. Sherman will be back in GB with another shot in a couple years. Just watch!

1326759[/snapback]

Sherman is Asst. Head Coach - in charge of OL.