[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Red Sangria

whomper

that one is close to mine. difference is that i make a simple syrup with the fruit.....

1 lemon

1 orange

1/2 cup sugar

1/2 cup water

1 bottle of wine

1-2 cups clubs soda or sprite

2 tbs of brandy.... i use a blackberry brandy

cut fruit into 1/4 inch slices. place the ends in a sauce pot. set aside other slices. add water and sugar to sauce pot. bring to boil. stir until it disolves....

remove from heat and cool. squeeze juice from ends back into the pot and discard ends. in a pitcher add fruit slices, wine, syrup, club soda, brandy...serve over ice.....

this is my basic recipe, but i play with it often.... will go with berries, or do a white wine sangria and add lime, etc.

that one is close to mine. difference is that i make a simple syrup with the fruit.....

1 lemon

1 orange

1/2 cup sugar

1/2 cup water

1 bottle of wine

1-2 cups clubs soda or sprite

2 tbs of brandy.... i use a blackberry brandy

cut fruit into 1/4 inch slices.  place the ends in a sauce pot. set aside other slices.  add water and sugar to sauce pot.  bring to boil. stir until it disolves....

remove from heat and cool.  squeeze juice from ends back into the pot and discard ends.  in a pitcher add fruit slices, wine, syrup, club soda, brandy...serve over ice.....

this is my basic recipe, but i play with it often.... will go with berries, or do a white wine sangria and add lime, etc.

1305051[/snapback]

Awesome..Thanks :D

• 3 months later...

The one I had at a tapas restaurant I swore had gin in there also. If not gin, then something other than brandy. All I know is after 2 scotches and 2-3 glasses of their sangria I was ready for bed. :D

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...
I'm making some tonight

Red wine

Brandy

sugar

triple sec

OJ

assorted fruit

seltzer

Try leaving out or greatly reducing the sugar. Just the OJ alone will make it sweeter anyway and you'll be surprised how much more refreshing it is when it's a bit drier. Also cuts down on the pounding headache the next day.

Try leaving out or greatly reducing the sugar. Just the OJ alone will make it sweeter anyway and you'll be surprised how much more refreshing it is when it's a bit drier. Also cuts down on the pounding headache the next day.

Good info here on cutting back the sugar.

I'm not much into Sangria, but the wife makes a white sangria in the summer that people go nuts over. I will see if I can track down the recipe and post it. I am pretty sure she got it off the Food Network. It was a show with 2 guys that I am pretty sure live together. :wacko:

NTTAWWT.

Good info here on cutting back the sugar.

OK. I will . Thanks :wacko:

You can always add more. And don't taste for sugar right away. Let the fruit break down a bit before you do, 'cause they're going to make it sweeter as well.

This is spot on. I tasted for sugar at first . didnt add sugar and let the fruit sit and now it is sweet. I had to abort mission on the first batch I made. I went very heavy handed on the brandy and ruined the batch. I went to the liquor store and the guy suggested this 8 dollar venuzuelan wine for sangria. Got it. Went light on the brandy and slightly heavier on the OJ and triple sec. Loaded it with fruit and let it sit in the fridge for an hour. It is delicious.

This is spot on. I tasted for sugar at first . didnt add sugar and let the fruit sit and now it is sweet. I had to abort mission on the first batch I made. I went very heavy handed on the brandy and ruined the batch. I went to the liquor store and the guy suggested this 8 dollar venuzuelan wine for sangria. Got it. Went light on the brandy and slightly heavier on the OJ and triple sec. Loaded it with fruit and let it sit in the fridge for an hour. It is delicious.

Did you change your tampon at the same time?

• 7 months later...

I have been making sangria a lot. There are times I make it at the club I work at and a lot at home when we entertain etc. I have been watching some of the older bartenders at work and through trial and error have added some things that really make for a great red sangria. The main guy I have been learning from is this Philipino bartender that has been tending bar for 35 years. This is how I have been making it at home now.

I use the Carlo Rossi Paisano wine

Fruits- Green apples, Peaches , Rasberries , Blackberries, strawberries

Red Wine

Triple Sec

OJ

Brandy

Amaretto

Sloe Gin

Seltzer

The amaretto and sloe gin made it a more bold and less citrus type of taste. It has been getting good reviews. Just a FYI in case anyone wanted to try a batch .

I have been making sangria a lot. There are times I make it at the club I work at and a lot at home when we entertain etc. I have been watching some of the older bartenders at work and through trial and error have added some things that really make for a great red sangria. The main guy I have been learning from is this Philipino bartender that has been tending bar for 35 years. This is how I have been making it at home now.

I use the Carlo Rossi Paisano wine

Fruits- Green apples, Peaches , Rasberries , Blackberries, strawberries

Red Wine

Triple Sec

OJ

Brandy

Amaretto

Sloe Gin

Seltzer

The amaretto and sloe gin made it a more bold and less citrus type of taste. It has been getting good reviews. Just a FYI in case anyone wanted to try a batch .

that's where i divide the fruit up...... i'll use the apple, peaches, pears in a white sangria (and use a calvados and pino grigio in the mix for apples; use a riesling for the peaches).

i like blackberry brandy for the red sangria with berries