[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Emmitt and Aikman crying for Irving.......

Chief

Word. :D

Troy and Smith shouldn't be so quick to dismiss Irvin's antics ... I can see letting  him in based on starting for three superbowl victors -- but a bit of drug testing certainly would have changed (ended) his career and he's not quite TO if he doesn't play with Troy and ESmith, so I'm just as happy they're letting him rot a bit before letting his rings get him in ...

1306289[/snapback]

if he does'nt play with Troy and Emmitt...that's getting old.The best receiver ever had Montana.Bradshaw had Swann and Stallworth,the list goes on and on.Irvin is an ass,everyone knows that.He belongs in the HOF.And Art monk,while it's a joke he's not in,has no bearing on Irvin

I want to take back a little of what I said and clairify. Art Monk was on three Super Bowl winners. He did it with three different QBs all good but far closer to ordinary than great. His numbers are way better than Irvis. Art Monk is a class act, never a lick of trouble. His only problem, really, is that he's always been quiet and non-controversial. Apparently that's a bad thing. I wonder if Marvin Harrison will get passed over until Terrell Owens and Randy Moss have secured their spot.

Seriously. Art Monk has been left out what six? seven times?

Now we have a coke head assh0le come along with less stellar numbers and people whine to put him in and Monk's the forgotten one. Irvin made it to the 10 round this year, Monk didn't even reach that. Oprahing criminal.

I don't really intent to say "don't put Irvin in." Since Irvin is such a turd, I do hope Irvin waits until he's at least the best qualified WR choice availible.

Michael Irvin can wait, and he can wait and wait some more. And when Monk gets in, we can reopen the debate. But for 2006. Hell Oprah NO!!!

After Monk- after.

Because it's already a crime that Monk is left out. Any WR with worse numbers, expecially this one, should not take get to the podium have a marble/bronze bust carved first. I don't have a horse in this race. I'm a Lions fan and as a matter of fact with a deep Oprahing hated for the 1991 Redskins because that was supposed to be our Super Bowl title, and Buffalo was supposed to be our b*tch. They Oprahed it up. Obviously, I'm not holding that against Art Monk.

What I recommend to the Michale Irvin whiners is to get on the Monk bandwagon because nobody in the other 49 states want your turd in there ahead of a first class Art Monk.

Edited by Voltaire

And Art monk,while it's a joke he's not in,has no bearing on Irvin

1306573[/snapback]

actually it does, because they play the same position, and what is or is not a HOF caliber career is determined largely by others at the position who get into the HOF. if one of them gets in before the other, there should be some rational criteria why. by any rational criteria, art monk should get in before irvin.