[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Seattle +4. What does everyone think?

TDFFFreak

It's Superbowl Day-- the nation's newest holiday. Just wanted to hear from all those betting folks out there which side they like with the Steelers -4? This is the basically the one day a year in which I allow myself to make a little wager (non-pool or fantasy oriented).

Me? I'm taking the Seahawks +4.

Like the Steelers to win this game, but giving 4 points feels like a point or so too much. I would switch sides if it were Seahawks +2.5.

How about you guys?

Take Seattle and the points if it makes you feel better.  The Seahawks winning outright is a great bet.

1306393[/snapback]

I just think we may actually get a close game and I would feel a little sick if the Steelers ended up winning by a field goal and I was shut out of the cash. :D

I find it ironic, all of the posts about the 'disrespected' Seahawks, and everyone on the Huddle seems to be all over the Seahawks jocks.......  :D

1306424[/snapback]

Because knowledgeable football fans know that the Steelers are a false favorite. The 4 points is due to Steeler mania.

Because knowledgeable football fans know that the Steelers are a false favorite.  The 4 points is due to Steeler mania.

1306450[/snapback]

This is not saying that the Steelers don't have a very good shot at winning, but bush is right-- these are two evenly matched teams but one is getting the edge because of their public popularity. It could go either way, but 4 points seems to be slightly too much.

Because knowledgeable football fans know that the Steelers are a false favorite.  The 4 points is due to Steeler mania.

1306450[/snapback]

This is not saying that the Steelers don't have a very good shot at winning, but bush is right-- these are two evenly matched teams but one is getting the edge because of their public popularity.  It could go either way, but  4 points seems to be slightly too much.

1306488[/snapback]

You could be right. We will find out soon enough....... I sure do have a lot of things to link back on when this game is over. The Seahawk fans on this site have certainly boasted a LOT more than I have. Who woulda thunk it. :D:D

Edited by Menudo

You could be right.  We will find out soon enough.......  I sure do have a lot of things to link back on when this game is over.    The Seahawk fans on this site have certainly boasted a LOT more than I have.  Who woulda thunk it.    :D    :D

1306494[/snapback]

The outcome of the game will have nothing to do with the fact that the Steelers are favorites primarily due to an udecuated betting public. Of course, I fully expect you to go neener-neener-neener,over and over and over and over agin if the Steelers win. :D

The outcome of the game will have nothing to do with the fact that the Steelers are favorites primarily due to an udecuated betting public.  Of course, I fully expect you to go neener-neener-neener,over and over and over and over agin if the Steelers win.  :D

1306499[/snapback]

Not at all. I will bring up some statements from some people, but it is just out of fun..... I will be back here win or lose. I want the Steelers to win as much as all fans do, but, the joy they have given me over the last 4 weeks has been awesome, at a time that I needed it. Win or lose tonight, it has been a fun ride.

Not at all.  I will bring up some statements from some people, but it is just out of fun..... I will be back here win or lose.  I want the Steelers to win as much as all fans do, but, the joy they have given me over the last 4 weeks has been awesome, at a time that I needed it.  Win or lose tonight, it has been a fun ride.

1306502[/snapback]

Good enough! Enjoy the game! :D:D

Good enough!  Enjoy the game!  :D:D

1306505[/snapback]

Speaking of :D did you start yet ? I'm planning on opening my first at 4PM, and I'm struggling to stick with that. Seriously Bushwacked, the Seahawks fans have been great the last two weeks. Anyway they can start the game now ? I'm ready to go...... :D

Speaking of :D did you start yet ?  I'm planning on opening my first at 4PM, and I'm struggling to stick with that.  Seriously Bushwacked, the Seahawks fans have been great the last two weeks.  Anyway they can start the game now ?  I'm ready to go......  :D

1306506[/snapback]

Just drank my first and my wife gave me a warning. Going to a house with a keg. I need to moderate. :D

Just drank my first and my wife gave me a warning.  Going to a house with a keg.  I need to moderate.  :D

1306511[/snapback]

I just know when I start, I get moving through them quickly, so I'm trying to hold off 34 minutes longer..... :D

I have only bet on the Super Bowl once before and that was when the Ravens crushed the Giants. I was 99.99% sure that the Ravens would win then and I made a series of teaser bets that all paid off.

This year I've got that same feeling about the Seahawks. So I just made a series of bets that will turn my $320 into $780 if I hit all four.

I need:

Seahawks to cover (+4)

Seahawks to win outright

Seahawks to receive opening kickoff

and

Seahawks to win the 1st half AND the final score

If 'hawks lose by more than 4, I lose my $320

If 'hawks lose but cover, I win a modest chunk (<$100) +/- $30 depending on the opening kickoff

No matter what happens, I will be "interested" in the game.

Speaking of :D did you start yet ?  I'm planning on opening my first at 4PM, and I'm struggling to stick with that.  Seriously Bushwacked, the Seahawks fans have been great the last two weeks.  Anyway they can start the game now ?  I'm ready to go......  :D

1306506[/snapback]

If anything Menudo (aside from my $$$ on the Seahawks) , I hope for a Steelers win so you and your passed father can enjoy the happiness of a superbowl victory for the Steelers.

If anything Menudo (aside from my $$$ on the Seahawks) , I hope for a Steelers win so you and your passed father can enjoy the happiness of a superbowl victory for the Steelers.

1306596[/snapback]

Thanks a lot man, I appreciate that. I only wish he would be here, so we could celebrate together if they win. I was 5 the last time they won, but, winning the same year that he died would be pretty memorable as well. Once again, thanks. :D

Thanks a lot man, I appreciate that.  I only wish he would be here, so we could celebrate together if they win.  I was 5 the last time they won, but, winning the same year that he died would be pretty memorable as well.  Once again, thanks.  :D

1306599[/snapback]

I can only wish the same for me someday if the Eagles ever win a Superbowl. One of the last things I ever did with my father in the hospital was watch the Eagles beat the Bucs in the playoffs. So I understand a bit where you are coming from.

Cheers. :D

You guys wanna bet on this game to make it exciting for you and give you some stake in the outcome, good for you. 

To the 'Hawks and Stillers fans out there - we know what it's really all about.  :D:D  Hoping for an exciting game.  May the best team win!!!!!!!!!!!  :D

1306623[/snapback]

:D