[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This is the biggest snow job in Super Bowl history

Sgt. Ryan

First off the game was a dud. Seattle was called for about 4 bogus penalties that cancelled out at least 2 Tds. The mythical offensive pass interference that was a direct TD, then the BS penalty when Seattle got to the Pitt 2. Second, How the hell did they not reverse that Roeth TD. No way he crossed the line. Amazing

This post isnt shock value, its a d@mn fact. Im disappointed in the game, its the worst since the Balt/NYG game. Pitt did nothing the first half but bogus penatlies kept them in the game with a lead. Then the rediculous TD that wasnt, and finally watching Bettis prove to be as effective as Drew Bledsoe in the first NE Championship season. Tell me this who wins the MVP. A long run by Parker is the only efficent play of the game, but he was outrushed by Alexander. Hass completely outplayed Roeth. The Pitt D was a joke, and where the hell was Joey the Mouth Porter tonight. LMMFAO. Bettis will retire, as he proved tonight he doesnt have Athena left. And his ring should ring as hollow as any rediculous HOF talk for the future. I cant believe the snow job we all just witnessed tonight. Seattle should have won this game by 2 Tds by the way both teams played.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

First off the game was a dud.  Seattle was called for about 4 bogus penalties that cancelled out at least 2 Tds. The mythical offensive pass interference that was a direct TD, then the BS penalty when Seattle got to the Pitt 2.  Second, How the hell did they not reverse that Roeth TD.  No way he crossed the line. Amazing

This post isnt shock value, its a d@mn fact.  Im disappointed in the game, its the worst since the Balt/NYG game.  Pitt did nothing the first half but bogus penatlies kept them in the game with a lead.  Then the rediculous TD that wasnt, and finally watching Bettis prove to be as effective as Drew Bledsoe in the first NE Championship season.  Tell me this who wins the MVP.  A long run by Parker is the only efficent play of the game, but he was outrushed by Alexander.  Hass completely outplayed Roeth.  The Pitt D was a joke, and where the hell was Joey the Mouth Porter tonight. LMMFAO. Bettis will retire, as he proved tonight he doesnt have Athena left.  And his ring should ring as hollow as any rediculous HOF talk for the future.  I cant believe the snow job we all just witnessed tonight.  Seattle should have won this game by 2 Tds by the way both teams played.

1306922[/snapback]

its a shame the refs had to be a part of this game

Agreed.

While the Steelers will go down in the books as Superbowl 40 Champions it's obvious to those who watched, that it's the Refs who won them the game.

1306940[/snapback]

Robbery. Absolute robbery.

I won't even bother reading that post.

STEELERS are the Super Bowl Champions.  Get used to it!!!

1306941[/snapback]

Enjoy the mythical title. But the historians will remember the snow job. The Media radio are already reporting how this game was given to them. Again, Pitt fans Congrats on the ring. But Bettis isnt a Champion, and its sickening what we are about to hear, before he admits he isnt an NFL calibur player anymore.

I agree, niether are any of my fav teams, what a disappointment.  They really need full time refs or something, horrible game.

1306947[/snapback]

What is needed is accountability by both the Refs and the NFL for blatantly bad calls.

You know, this whole playoffs was full of terrible, terrible officiating. More than any I can remember.

But when it comes down to it Seattle blew scoring opportunities at the end of each half, missed 2 FGs, and had Stevens and Jackson both miss 2 or 3 HUGH opportunities to make plays in or around the end zone. Seattle deserves crap.

You know, this whole playoffs was full of terrible, terrible officiating.  More than any I can remember.

But when it comes down to it Seattle blew scoring opportunities at the end of each half, missed 2 FGs, and had Stevens and Jackson both miss 2 or 3 HUGH opportunities to make plays in or around the end zone.  Seattle deserves crap.

1306953[/snapback]

You are right, Seattle doesn't deserve it... does change the fact that it was given to Pittsburgh by the officials.

You are right, Seattle doesn't deserve it... does change the fact that it was given to Pittsburgh by the officials.

1306961[/snapback]

:D Seattle had plenty of opportunities and blew them all by theur little selves. The offocials were bad, but they are not the main culprits. The Seahawks deserve most of the blame.

You know, this whole playoffs was full of terrible, terrible officiating.  More than any I can remember.

But when it comes down to it Seattle blew scoring opportunities at the end of each half, missed 2 FGs, and had Stevens and Jackson both miss 2 or 3 HUGH opportunities to make plays in or around the end zone.  Seattle deserves crap.

1306953[/snapback]

It is true that Seattle blew many opportunities and probably don't deserve to win but really, what did Pittsburgh do to warrant the win? The refs just handed them the remaining opportunity that Seattle didn't.

Edited by fuzzy

In a way I'm happy for guys like Cowher, Ward, and Bettis. Those guys have always seemed classy, and it's nice to see them win a championship. But I also agree, it was a terrible game to watch, and the refs definitely made some bad calls, the Jackson "pass interference" one probably being most notable. It's a shame that the NFL spends so much time worrying about half-time shows and the like instead of getting competent referees on the field.

It's a shame that the NFL spends so much time worrying about half-time shows and the like instead of getting competent referees on the field.

1306973[/snapback]

My guess is the NFL got exactly what they wanted from the refs on the field :D

It is true that Seattle blew many opportunities and probably don't deserve to win but really, what did Pittsburgh do to warrant the win? The refs just handed them the remaining opportunity that Seattle didn't.

1306970[/snapback]

How about the Parker run and the Randle El pass, which were enough to win by themselves? :D

How about the Parker run and the Randle El pass, which were enough to win by themselves?  :D

1306978[/snapback]

Add in Jacksons touch down and give the Seahawks the ball on the 2 first and goal instead of the 30 1st and 20 then not so much.

Absolutely worst officaited Super Bowl, if not game I've ever seen.  Seattle should have won this game, had the refs not gotten involved, it wouldn't have even been close.

1306975[/snapback]

If the game was officiated properly, it would HAVE been close- right up until the end. The refs took a great ending away from the fans by helping the Steelers throughout the game. Pittsburgh may have still won in the end but at least all their fans could have said they really deserved the win!