[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This is the biggest snow job in Super Bowl history

Sgt. Ryan

Looks like Bettis just confirmed what I said. 14 carries 43 yards, hes retiring, *cough cough*admiting he isnt an NFL calibur player any longer. Actually he hasnt been for 3 yrs, just stuck around to ride the back of his team mates as he admitted for a chance at a ring, and padded an average NFL career with mop up rushing yards.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Totally agree- these calls are all seriously jeopardizing the integrity of the NFL. Nothing agains Pitt at all- they got F ed in the Indy game as well. The refs did not cost Sea the win, but they seriously made 2 questionalbe calls that cost Sea 11 points.

DJax PI call?? ridiculous that contact between db-wr goes on all the time.

Mysterious holding call just as Sea has 1st and goal at the 1?

What in the world was the call on Hass on the INT? tackle/chop block? what are these guys watching??

Wow Ben Roethlisberger has got to be the most overrated QB in the NFL- I saw a very average QB. Randle El throws a better deep ball- his arm strength is average at best, and he's not very accurate.

How about the Parker run and the Randle El pass, which were enough to win by themselves?  :D

1306978[/snapback]

The Parker TD should have come back the RT should have been flagged for holding, but apperantly the flags only come out when the Seahawks were on offense.

I can understand the cowboy fans not recognizing pushing off when they see it, but what the hell is wrong with the rest of you?

Djax pushed off to gain some seperation from the defender a step before the catch, plain and simple. Could he have made the catch without pushing off? Probably, but he did push the defender away. You can't say he didn't..

Wow Ben Roethlisberger has got to be the most overrated QB in the NFL- I saw a very average QB. Randle El throws a better deep ball- his arm strength is average at best, and he's not very accurate.

1306996[/snapback]

We rarely ever agree cat, but you nailed that.

first of all, this was the worst superbowl ever in more than one way..........none were even close to as bad as this one

......i take a look at both teams and all i can think is that neither strikes me as a superbowl caliber team, and that there are probable half a dozen teams even this yr that are better than these two.

......game was absolutely not entertaining

......both teams played like total crap, the steelers made three plays in the entire game, and the pass to ward in the first half was just thrown up for grabs, so really they made two plays.

......the officiating was a joke, i had no rooting interest either way for any reason, and i could see that seattle got jobbed several times, whether or not they win this game without those calls i dont know, but they did get jobbed several times. no one even mentioned the blatant horsecollar tackle on alexander in the second half.

.....bettis is done, ward was mvp, lets just say he got it for being a class act thus far in his career and not for anything he did today, because no one was a valuable player today.

.....now i remember why i stopped watching the superbowl for yrs until recent yrs when the games began to resemble something i would want to see again. maybe i am gonna have to lay off the thing again, i know i had alot better things i coulda been doing for the last few hours......well hell, thats not saying much as long as a person is breathing

congrats to pitt for being this yrs champs, even if you may be the worst team to ever win the big one.......

I can understand the cowboy fans not recognizing pushing off when they see it, but what the hell is wrong with the rest of you?

Djax pushed off to gain some seperation from the defender a step before the catch, plain and simple. Could he have made the catch without pushing off? Probably, but he did push the defender away. You can't say he didn't..

1307005[/snapback]

You obviously saw the game with Yellow and Black colored glasses. I could really care less who won this game, and I actually picked Pitt thinking they of the 2 were the more physical team and would pound Seattle soft run defense all night. I expected Pitt to win the game, and I have no emotion whatsoever about them joining dallas and SF as the only 5 time winners. I just saw rediculous call after rediculous call, and witnessed a snow job. There is no schtick here, not this time.

1307005[/snapback]

gotta assume that this is the only game you watched all yr, because if you watched any others you would know that that kind of contact or push off is the norm in this league, like it or not.

But when it comes down to it Seattle blew scoring opportunities at the end of each half, missed 2 FGs, and had Stevens and Jackson both miss 2 or 3 HUGH opportunities to make plays in or around the end zone.  Seattle deserves crap.

1306953[/snapback]

Thats bush.

Seattle did give themselves the opportunity. Stevens down to the 2 gave Seattle the chance to take the lead.

Oh wait. Another bogus flag....

The Darrell Jackson catch ruled out of bounds at the end zone.

What happened there? The network wouldn't replay it more than once, so I'm not sure if what I saw was what actually happened, but it looked to me like Jackson caught the ball, left leg inbounds, then the right leg kicked the pylon on hte way out. When did this stop being a touchdown. This play was brushed over and forgotten, and I would really like to know exactly what the hell happened.

Then on the Steelers last touchdown drive. The 3rd down play before the touchdown, a Steeler lineman was holding the Seattle player so badly that he spun him around like a top to keep him off of Big Ben. No call.

Absolutely brutal.

Note to self: Try to figure out which team the refs are playing for before picking a side next year.

You know, this whole playoffs was full of terrible, terrible officiating.  More than any I can remember.

But when it comes down to it Seattle blew scoring opportunities at the end of each half, missed 2 FGs, and had Stevens and Jackson both miss 2 or 3 HUGH opportunities to make plays in or around the end zone.  Seattle deserves crap.

1306953[/snapback]

The Caveman is wise.

And Stevens fumbled but the refs said incompletion - don't foget that bad call too.

And Ben played like ass, but Hasslebeck choked big time when the clock was ticking at the end of both halves.

I am on tilt- this is one of those games where the better team did not win. If Pitt outplayed Sea- fine, I have no problem giving them credit. A strange game indeed. Plain and simple the refs had a bias toward Pitt- no other explanation. Sea should have put more points up no question, but darn how about an even playing field.

A few random thoughts -

Roth sucks and you all are crazy if you think otherwise- would take many many QBs over him. He isn't even close to Hasselbeck.

Djax PI call & Ben's TD, mystery hold. The ref told Homlgren he did not get in. I want some answers :D

Hines Ward is fat-

Jerramy Stevens should neve have opend his mouth- jesus he hurt us.

Losing S Manuel was HUGE- Pruitt came in and killed us. He was not even close to Ward on the Randle El reverse- terrible, we all saw that coming a mile away.

2 plays won the game- Parkers run and Ben's 3rd and 26 quacking duck that somehow was competed.

The Caveman is wise.

And Stevens fumbled but the refs said incompletion - don't foget that bad call too.

And Ben played like ass, but Hasslebeck choked big time when the clock was ticking at the end of both halves.

1307034[/snapback]

Squeegie, I was wondering can you honestly say that you feel that your team won the Superbowl? Look at the poll I put up, granted there might be a few Seahawk fans on there, but almost 60% think the refs gave the game to the Steelers.

Bitter fans not being able to accept a loss...  Get over it.  The better team won.  Quit your pissing and moaning.

1307049[/snapback]

Most people I hear griping about it aren't even Seatle fans, just football fans that hate to see the Lombardi trophy tarnished this way.