[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This is the biggest snow job in Super Bowl history

Sgt. Ryan

Well I'm going to bed, hopefully when I wake up in the morning It will be Sunday and this will have all been a nightmare, where the league I love so much is so poorly officiated, it calls into question the Super Bowl. Hopefully this is just a bad dream, and tomorrow I'll get to see a Super Bowl that is fairly officiated, and where both teams play well, and the winner is decided by the players and not the officials.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I'm going to bed, hopefully when I wake up in the morning It will be Sunday and this will have all been a nightmare, where the league I love so much is so poorly officiated, it calls into question the Super Bowl.  Hopefully this is just a bad dream, and tomorrow I'll get to see a Super Bowl that is fairly officiated, and where both teams play well, and the winner is decided by the players and not the officials.

1307566[/snapback]

Or, maybe you'll die in your sleep :D

Well I'm going to bed, hopefully when I wake up in the morning It will be Sunday and this will have all been a nightmare, where the league I love so much is so poorly officiated, it calls into question the Super Bowl.  Hopefully this is just a bad dream, and tomorrow I'll get to see a Super Bowl that is fairly officiated, and where both teams play well, and the winner is decided by the players and not the officials.

1307566[/snapback]

We can only hope. :D

Why?  The Steelers still had plenty of time left in the game to make the plays necesarry to win... I have never blamed officials for any Steelers loss.... maybe that's why I don't like all this  :D about the officiating :D

1307552[/snapback]

If it was only just that 1 call I would agree with you. that was just the most visable call. there were many others to point to just as Seahawk fans have many to point to now.

It is just a shame the refs have caused all this.

Don't get me wrong, I believe the Steelers were the better team..I just am not sure they were tonight.and because of the refs this debate will go on all offseason.

hey, we did have that kick ass pre-game fire-up with harrison ford!

:D

man, the whole broadcast just blew. bad anthem. stones are old. no good commercials that stand out vs. past years. messy game.

good thing i took my kid's to the neighbor's where their house was trashed, not mine!

hey, we did have that kick ass pre-game fire-up with harrison ford!

:D

man, the whole broadcast just blew.  bad anthem.  stones are old.  no good commercials that stand out vs. past years.  messy game.

good thing i took my kid's to the neighbor's where their house was trashed, not mine!

1307579[/snapback]

The 3 Bud Light commercials were pretty good, especially the first one where the dude stayed up all night and hid the bottles of Bud Light to improve his companys morale.

The 3 Bud Light commercials were pretty good, especially the first one where the dude stayed up all night and hid the bottles of Bud Light to improve his companys morale.

1307584[/snapback]

good, not great. none should be in the running for best of the year. i expect better.

Why not any bashing for Mr. Control Freak Coach Holmgren????

How much time did he waste calling 2 different plays in before halftime when Matt was trying to audible.

Why no hurry up offense with alittle over 2 minutes to go and YOU NEED 2 SCORES!!

Why call any pass play whatsoever with time running out that does not go to the sideline???

:doah:

On the serious note.........was the crap block penalty on Hbeck not a challengable call???????

While only a small part of the game, I think Seattle's special teams were horrible. Their punter couldn't knock it down inside the 20 to save his life, their coverage on returns were pittiful not to mention the missed FG's. New special teams coach is needed in the offseason for sure.

I didn't read all 9 pages, so this might have been covered.

For me, it started when they showed the ref and said "working his first superbowl......"

With all the officiating problems this post seaon, you would think the NFL would have put someone in there that had some SB experience. Someone that would hve the stones to overrule something like the low block/tackle ?? call on Hass.

Also, I've seen it a couple times this year on a goal line play, where the side judge will run the 20 yards and see where the ball is before signaling a TD. I don't get it, in the time it takes to run in and move those bodies, the ball carrier can easily move the ball over the goal line.

In this case, he had 1 arm up, like he was going to spot it on the 1 foot line. He gets close, sees where the ball is, and then calls it a touchdown.

Now, the ref should know that the touchdown was called based on the ball being over the line after Ben was already down, and that the side judge never saw the ball cross the plane of the goal line during the play. I don't get it.

Does NFL.com have a message board, or a place to email them?  Or do they not care what their fans think?

1308298[/snapback]

If so, I'm sure it will be "under construction" for the next few weeks! :D

bottom line IMO...... is that the hawks had soooooooo many chances to put this game away...... can't blame the refs for those missed opportunities.

josh Brown sucked

tom rouen sucked

stevens dropped some critical catches

their clock management before 1/2 time falls clearly on holmgren

.... and the football gods were not in their corner - sorta-speak. ( I'm not blaming the refs. :D )

all year long the hawks seemed to have the breaks go their way. even against Washington they had 3 critical mishaps on special teams..... they over came those to still win. you can't do that over & over & over again & expect to come out on top.

the roethlisberger TD was not..... but my guess is the bus woulda pounded it in on 4th. down anyway. BTW...... was there ever a poorer performance by a SB winning QB that roeth ? :D He was downright awful.

Back to the Hawks.....championship teams cash in on opportunities.... they win the "field position battles of the game".... they overcome officiating issues & still find a way to win.

I thought holmgrens post game conference was great...... one of his first statements was...

" I want them to remember how this feels" - he knows this team will be back & soon.

see you in miami.

Edited by Down Goes Frazia