[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Super Bowl - What happened?

Perchoutofwater

Did the Steelers Win?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Did the Steelers Win?

• The Steelers won outright.
    • The Refs gave the game to the Steelers.
    • The Seahawks lost.

You obviously can't blame the Steelers for taking what was given them. The Seahawks couldn't overcome being on the short side of many bad calls (and non calls).

It's a shame because all I really wanted to see was a good game. As a fan, I feel cheated.

The Seahawks lost because they were even crappier than the Steelers, bad calls or no.  Right now, the Colts must be absolutely kicking themselves.

1307011[/snapback]

The Colts lost to the Steelers. The Hawks lost to the Refs and the Steelers.

You need a 4th option:

Fans missed out on what should have been an exciting finish as the refs called a one-sided game.

Pittsburgh may have still won but let the players decide who should win. Neither team played as though the deserved the win.

Like I said in anothe post, I'm a Lions fan and had hoped Pitt would win this game. As the game progressed I got so sick of seeing the constant stream of onesided calls that I switched to rooting for Seattle come the 3rd/4th quarter.

I'm not even saying that I think Seattle should have won, I have no idea who should have won. I just really wanted a good fair game and I didn't get one.

Edited by Voltaire

The Colts lost to the Steelers. The Hawks lost to the Refs and the Steelers.

1307016[/snapback]

Yes, but given the crappiness of these two teams today, the Colts would have destroyed either playing at only 80% capacity. As would a bunch of others.

BTW, if further proof were needed of the ::D effect of the two week break, this was it.

I'm not really one to worry much about things like the refs. If Jerramy Stevens caught the freakin rock the Seahawks would have had some opportunities for points. Steelers made some big plays, Hawks didn't. Steelers also managed the game and clock more effectively.

On the penalties, lets face it, the offensive PI on DJack pas probably a PI, but is typically called about 3 of 10. The holding penalties on the return and other Stevens pass were legit calls but again didn't have to be made. -----The one call that was absolutely ludacris was the "illegal block below the waist" on Hasselbeck's interception tackle. It will be some time before that play crosses my mind where I don't crack up laughing.

Edited by Seahawks21

roth was in the end zone. the ball crossed the plane.

stevens dropped passes all over the field.

brown missed 2 big kicks.

hass could not manage the clock at all, at the end of both halfs.

like it or not, it was a push off. he put out a stiff arm before the catch, plain and simple.

the crowd i was with were in agreement that seattle just did not play like they wanted it, and pitt did.

parker burned them big time, the pass from randle el was a great play, and pitt successfully chewed the clock at the end with a great drive.

outside of all this, yes, seattle may not have had a few other calls go their way, but that is hardly saying the refs gave them the game.

comes right down to it, stevens lost the game for seattle. he just flat out dropped too many big passes.

Edited by tonorator

roth was in the end zone.  the ball crossed the plane.

stevens dropped passes all over the field.

brown missed 2 big kicks.

hass could not manage the clock at all, at the end of both halfs.

like it or not, it was a push off.  he put out a stiff arm before the catch, plain and simple.

the crowd i was with were in agreement that seattle just did not play like they wanted it, and pitt did.

parker burned them big time, the pass from randle el was a great play, and pitt successfully chewed the clock at the end with a great drive.

outside of all this, yes, seattle may not have had a few other calls go their way, but that is hardly saying the refs gave them the game.

comes right down to it, stevens lost the game for seattle.  he just flat out dropped too many big passes.

1307220[/snapback]

No. One single player did not lose the game. No, Seattle did not manage the clock well. No, the refs did not decide this game, but the did change the flow. They took points off the scoreboard when they shouldn't have, and they possibly put points on the board when they shouldn't have. That's big. The NFL should be ashamed.

The Steelers overcame the bad call in Indy without bitching and crying.  If indeed there were bad calls, the Seahawks should have over come them.  Now having said that....

The Steelers are super bowl champs  :D

1307269[/snapback]

If the Steelers had lost the game because of the officiating you'd be crying here. There have been very few unbiased viewers that don't think the refs gave the game to the Steelers.