[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Super Bowl - What happened?

Perchoutofwater

Did the Steelers Win?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Did the Steelers Win?

• The Steelers won outright.
    • The Refs gave the game to the Steelers.
    • The Seahawks lost.

If the Steelers had lost the game because of the officiating you'd be crying here.

1307282[/snapback]

No I would not. I never complained about the Palomalu overturn in the Indy game and I was in the chat box when it happened. I said the Steelers still have to win the game regardless of that bad call.

It anyone thinks there were bad calls, the Seahawks should have overcome them.

Edited by steeler

If your gonna make bad calls at least make bad calls on the other team. Steelers made big plays when it came down to it and we couldnt but when we did it got called back or some offensive PI. Ugh Stressful game. We'll be there next year though count on that.

If your gonna make bad calls at least make bad calls on the other team. Steelers made big plays when it came down to it and we couldnt but when we did it got called back or some offensive PI. Ugh Stressful game. We'll be there next year though count on that.

1307308[/snapback]

You ought to be - you get six games against crap teams in the regular season.

This is one crappy illogical poll.

Response 1 and 3 are the same thus making the differential even more lopsided. Steelers are getting no love because most are drunk and partying right now.

Steeler hating in full effect tonight.

Remember my thread on the worst officiating I've ever seen during the Div PO round-well, I rest my case. This year goes down-Bar None-as the worst, lame-ass, change the game, don't let it be decided on the feild , fuggin year ever!!!!!!

1307156[/snapback]

Yeah, I almost dug that post up. I don't know which game was worse, the Pitt/Indy game or the SB. Not a good play-off performance by the refs.

This is one crappy illogical poll.

Response 1 and 3 are the same thus making the differential even more lopsided. Steelers are getting no love because most are drunk and partying right now.

Steeler hating in full effect tonight.

1307439[/snapback]

No, responses 1 and 3 are not the same. We've all watched games where a team gives away a game. I can think of two I was at this past year. The first was the first game between the Cowboys and the Redskins. The Cowboys gave that game away. The second was the Cowboys against the Chiefs, the Chiefs gave that one away. Nothing wrong with the poll, unless you are a blind steeler homer that doesn't want to see that over 60% of the people here than are almost all more than just casual viewers think the refs gave the game to the Steelers.

Congrats to the Steelers, who won despite Big Ben playing like Tommy Maddox. Roethlisberger's a very good QB, but he was absolutely wretched last night. He almost gave the game away on that drive early in the 3rd quarter. Even that big 3rd-and-28 play could've easily been picked off. Hines was awesome and deserving of the MVP. Randle El did a great job on the fake reverse TD pass. And the Steelers defense... wow! Surprisingly, they played most of the game with 8 back in coverage and did a spectacular job, especially with regard to forcing incompletions by hitting Seahawks receivers hard.

Seattle got screwed by the refs on the D-Jax pass interference call in the first quarter. The holding call that negated first-and-goal on the 1 late in the game was questionable as well, but it was obvious to me that Seattle's line was holding throughout much of the game. So, despite what some people here think, I don't agree that the 'Hawks got screwed that badly by the refs. Seattle shot themselves in the foot several times. Jerramy Stevens' three or four dropped passes were completely inexcusable. I seem to remember D-Jax dropping one or two as well after his stellar first quarter. Seattle's defense played well on most downs (especially against the run), but gave up way too many big plays. Despite what his numbers suggest, Hasselbeck had a relatively good game. That TD in the first quarter shouldn't have been overturned. He scrambled for two or three first downs on broken plays as well. His only mistake (and it was a big one) was the stupid interception in the red zone with the score at 14-10. Alexander was effective, but didn't dominate in any sense of the word.

As I predicted, the solid Steelers defense limited the vaunted Seahawks offense. Seattle's offense is certainly prolific, but they weren't going to score 28 points (their average this season) against a defense like Pittsburgh's. Great defense will always beat great offense.