[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Put your apologies here.....

Menudo

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Somehow I doubt that NFL referees frequent this board--but nice thought anyway, Menudo.

1307296[/snapback]

:D

Menudo, i offer my appologies............

for not recognizing the length the league can stoop to put in the worst refs in Superbowl history to insure a Bettis manlove day in Detroit.

I apologize on behalf of the NFL for not putting the two best teams in the NFL in the Super Bowl. More importantly I apologize on behalf of the NFL for the officials giving the the Lombardi Trophy to the Steelers instead of the best team on the field. I apologize for what might just be the worst officiating in any championship game in any major professional or even college sport. I apologize that Menudo and Squeegie are to blinded by homerism to realize the officials gave the game to their Steelers, and that everyone will have to put up with their crap, until hopefully next year we don't have a tarnished game.

Because Seahawks lost, there won't be an apology.

If they had won however, the Head of Officials would have made an official apology on NFL Network Wednsday night.

I would expect Bill Leavy to get more than a brick through his window on this one.

If you want an apology from me,

I'm sorry for wasting my time on money on anything concerning this game.

What a waste of a weekend.

the steelers did eek out the win, but this is hardly a game where you can pump your fist and chant we are #1! you have to give it to pitt for the road they took to get to the big dance, but once this music started, the party died. what a pathetic display ...

I apologize for what might just be the worst officiating in any championship game in any major professional or even college sport. 

1307307[/snapback]

:D

The 1972 Gold medal BB game was 1st, this is 2nd.

:D .........but you did say professional or college, I guess your correct in that assessment.

Edited by theeohiostate

I'm sorry...I wasted my evening with that game.

I'm sorry...that both teams played like crap.

I'm sorry...that the officials were even worse than usual.

I'm sorry...that I think that lots of great Steelers fans got robbed of being fully proud of their team's win because it was such a crappy game.

I'm sorry...that the Seahawks couldn't manage the freaking clock or call a good play to save themselves.

I'm sorry...that the offseason is fully here now.

1st off.... wanted to congradulate the steelers fans and you riki......

just wanted to remind you of my stance...... running game and D.

i'm sorry riki... but i don't think he is there yet... he is getting better.

today he took what was given to him.... i saw a very loose secondary giving large cushions to the wr's.  i also saw 3 balls that should have been picked (one for a td).  i still think you could insert about 75% of the current starting qb's and get similar results.

he still has a way to go to reach the status that you are currently giving him.

1282900[/snapback]

Well, see you are still below where I'm at.  I'd put Peyton, Brady, & Carson in the A- to A+ range and Ben at the B to B+ range.  Roethlisberger has done everyting asked of him, and has rarely failed.  It has been said over and over again that he can't put the team on his back and win it with the passing game.  He proved that wrong in both of the last two games.  I think proving that wrong in the 2 most important games of your life is quite impressive. 

I do think he is a great QB, just not as great as the 4 others that were mentioned.  There is still room for improvement though.  I guess a lot of it depends on what you want out of your QB.  I want efficiency, and he was 5th in the NFL last year, and 3rd in the NFL this year in that department.

1283990[/snapback]

by system guy i specifically mean that he is a guy that benefited from the system that he is in.  pitt has traditionally been a run first type of team... similar to brady the past few years with respect to the running game and defense. years that brady had his best numbers they didn't reach playoffs one year and missed the sb this year.  pitt's  system allows him to take fewer risks. i wouldn't argue that it holds him back, but it is to his advantage.  he does a fine job.... doesn't turn it over often....  but i really don't think he can carry a team like brady finally did this year. 

riki... while i think he did well vs indy, i still don't think he did anything anyone else couldn't have done vs denver with the pass protection and soft coverage.

edit: just for kicks i looked up his game log for the year:

- 1 300 yd game (lost)

- 6 games with 20 or fewer attempts (6-0)

- 6 games with less than 200 yards (5-1)

- he did not play in 4 games (2-2)

- passed for 30 or more attemps 2 times (1-1)

- defense allowed fewer than 17 pts 8 times (7-1)

- defense allowed 10 or fewer pts 6 times (6-0)

- defense allowed more than 20 pts 7 times (3-4) (ben was 3-3)

1284761[/snapback]

So many of you are beyond sad.......one for the thumb baby.............:D

1307355[/snapback]

Hey Menudo,

If you're team had come out and outplayed, I'd apalogize for doubting you.

If you had said, "Yes, both teams played bad however the officiating favored my team. Oh well, we'll take the win." I would respect you for realizing it.

But as of right now, I think you're a duche who won't get much more respect from anyone around here. This was an effed up game, and I pitty the Pittsburgh fan who can take pride in this win.

Edited by kpholmes

Hey Menudo,

If you're team had come out and outplayed, I'd apalogize for doubting you.

If you had said, "Yes, both teams played bad however the officiating favored my team.  Oh well, we'll take the win." I would respect you for realizing it.

But as of right now, I think you're a duche who won't get much more respect from anyone around here. This was an effed up game, and I pitty the Pittsburgh fan who can take pride in this win.

1307372[/snapback]

Yes, I feel sad about my team winning the Super Bowl.... :D