[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Put your apologies here.....

Menudo

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I apologize for masturbating to Bea Arthur.

1308042[/snapback]

With this being sung in the background:

Lady Godiva was a freedom rider

She didn't care if the whole world looked

Joan of Arc with the lord to guide her

She was a sister who really cooked

Isadora was a first bra burner , Aint 'ya glad that she showed up

Oh yeah

And when the country was falling apart,

Betsy Ross got it all sewed up

And then there's Maude

And then there's Maude

And then there's Maude

And then there's Maude

And then there's Maude

And then there's Maude

And then there's that Old conpromisin' enterprisin'

Anything but tranquilizin', Right on Maude!!!!

:D

I agree with a lot of the little points that I have read in this thread about the game.

I do feel the Steelers were very lucky have gotten a lot of the calls that they did. I also do feel that the Seahawks overall out played them. I don't feel like beating my chest like I wish I did but I still do feel like the Steelers are Super Bowl Champions.

Would the game have turned out different. :D I don't know but I do know that even the Seahawks didn't put their best show on. Maybe it's the two week break or maybe it's the fact that most of these players were in their first Super Bowl but I really do wish that I could feel a little better than I do.

I hope my Steeler homers understand. I am still way proud and I'm wearing my Steeler gear with my chin up in the air today but it is not as good a feeling as I would like it to be.

I agree with a lot of the little points that I have read in this thread about the game.

I do feel the Steelers were very lucky have gotten a lot of the calls that they did.  I also do feel that the Seahawks overall out played them.  I don't feel like beating my chest like I wish I did but I still do feel like the Steelers are Super Bowl Champions.

Would the game have turned out different. :D  I don't know but I do know that even the Seahawks didn't put their best show on.  Maybe it's the two week break or maybe it's the fact that most of these players were in their first Super Bowl but I really do wish that I could feel a little better than I do.

I hope my Steeler homers understand.  I am still way proud and I'm wearing my Steeler gear with my chin up in the air today but it is not as good a feeling as I would like it to be.

1308052[/snapback]

I do feel the Steelers were very lucky have gotten a lot of the calls that they did.  I also do feel that the Seahawks overall out played them.  I don't feel like beating my chest like I wish I did but I still do feel like the Steelers are Super Bowl Champions.

Would the game have turned out different. :D  I don't know but I do know that even the Seahawks didn't put their best show on.  Maybe it's the two week break or maybe it's the fact that most of these players were in their first Super Bowl but I really do wish that I could feel a little better than I do.

I hope my Steeler homers understand.  I am still way proud and I'm wearing my Steeler gear with my chin up in the air today but it is not as good a feeling as I would like it to be.

1308052[/snapback]

Now this is class.

I just wanted to see two teams play a fair game and decide it on the field. But for some reason, the refs wouldn't let that happen. The Steelers might have won anyway, but we'll never know.

Might be the worst performance I've seen from a SB winning team. But they did a helluva a job getting there and for that, Pittsburgh are champs.

So many of you are beyond sad.......one for the thumb baby.............:D

1307355[/snapback]

I, for one, have no intention of putting my thumb there - no matter how much you might enjoy it...

A very disappointing game with only a couple of exciting moments and far too many poor ones. This will go down as one of the worst SB's in history.

Actually, this is the one post that I wish I could take back....

I was trashed, my team had just won the Super Bowl and they were getting ripped for it. I really shouldn't have made this classless post and I apologize for it.

Edited by Menudo

Skippy, I almost didn't post anything, because my respect and $3.50 will get you a cup of coffee, but you just earned a whole lotta respect from me, not that you didn't have it before.

Sorry that the game turned out the way it did for you, as a fan. You can still definitely keep your head up because the Steelers played great ball from the end of the season through the playoffs, and definitely deserved to be in the Super Bowl. Great season for your team.

Thanks for showing a lot of class, especially when it must chafe a bit with all the smack talk going on around here. :D

Congrats to the Steelers and their fans. They had a great post season run! Happy for Cower!! Maybe other NFL owners will realize that just because you have a couple of down years you need to give your formally successful HC a chance to win. (Unless your coach is Denny Green or MikeTice!!)

As a fan of the NFL, I was very disappointed by the Superbowl. The officiating was horrid!!! Michaels and Madden had no clue what was going on during most of the game. The Rolling Stones have gathered moss, what a horrid halftime show that was.

After a series of great Superbowls, where both teams played some of their best football in the Superbowl we got two teams that were obviously fatigued from telling everyone they were getting no respect and they were the underdogs. Well they both looked bad. Seattle could not execute when it counted, and Pittsburgh had only 3 big plays or they might not have scored all game.

The superbowl is supposed to show case the best two teams, SB XL showcased, old incompetent officials, announcers and rockers!! I would rather watch repeats of SB IV, VIII, IX and XI (the four Viking losses) than watch anything like SB XL again!

1308052[/snapback]

Actually, in my soberness, I agree. I don't think the officiating was as bad as many are saying, but it was definitely in the Steelers favor. Also, the Steelers played poorly, but they did get two big plays on the Parker run and Randle-El to Ward TD. When looking back on this championship run though, the three games in the playoffs will be thought of more than the Super Bowl.

Once again, my apologies for this thread.... :D

Skippy, I almost didn't post anything, because my respect and $3.50 will get you a cup of coffee, but you just earned a whole lotta respect from me, not that you didn't have it before.

Sorry that the game turned out the way it did for you, as a fan. You can still definitely keep your head up because the Steelers played great ball from the end of the season through the playoffs, and definitely deserved to be in the Super Bowl. Great season for your team.

Thanks for showing a lot of class, especially when it must chafe a bit with all the smack talk going on around here.    :D

1308079[/snapback]

Right on the money McNasty. :D

You're a class act Skippy, your post was more of the same. :D

1308052[/snapback]

I think this is all the huddlers were looking for... homerism with your eyes open. :D People around here knock Pat's fans as being blind, but until this post, Steal-ers fans were even more so. Skippy has given me hope for Steal-ers fans. Congrats to Skippy on the ring, on the win in general. Enjoy what part of it you can.

In keeping with his multiple personality, I am guessing that later this AM, Menudo is gonna post with a "Mea culpa, mea culpa," "It was the booze talkin'," "You guys are great," "My dad died," "I'm just happy as a fan that the Steelers won" post.

1308016[/snapback]

We have a winner. Good call MojoMan. I know I am going to get a "who the hell are you" response from Menudo, but Mojo was dead on. Reminds me of an abusive spouse. "You know I didn't mean it baby. I love you. It will never happen again." Two days later the wife's in the morgue.....

Your apologies and excuses ring hollow, Menudo.

Congrats to the rest of the Steeler's fans. Yes, the officiating was bad. Yes, the outcome of this game easily could have been different. But let's not forget the absolutely terrible clock management and play calling to finish each half. The Seahawks did as much to lose this game as the refs did. Poor performance all around and one of the worst Super Bowls I've seen.

1308052[/snapback]

Good post Skippy. :D

I'm as pissed as anyone about the questionable calls made yesterday. Did they determine the outcome?....who knows. But this win would've been more enjoyable had they not been made.

Congrats to the Seahawks and their fans on a great year. I think Matt Hasslebeck proved to everyone yesterday what a great QB he is. I think you guys will get another chance.

1308052[/snapback]

The NFL screwed all of us. The Seahawks most of all but everybody. This whole postseason has been especially bad with officiating but this has been going on for a long while now.

All of us football fans- Pitt fans, Seattle fans, and everybody else, we deserved a chance to see these two teams clash in the best circumstances possible with the best officiating in the world and have all doubt removed at the end of the game.

You Pitt guys, it's not hard to imagine how it would have felt if Ben hadn't have tackled that Indy fumble recoverer. OMFG you so way, way deserved that game. Another game the NFL almost royally f*cked up. In that game at least it was obvious who was the better team, and it would have been clear to everybody Indy had outright stolen it ahd it been fair.

I know who won the Indy/Pitt game whatever happens on that fumble return or FG miss if the game was called fair. In the Super Bowl, I don't have that feeling. I feel inconclusive which -and I hate to say this- but since my team isn't involved, it really is a worse feeling than knowing a game was stolen outright.

I'd have walked away knowing Pitt won the Indy game even if the fumble returner went all the way and the scoreboard said otherwise. In my mind I can call it a travesty and close the book.

The Super Bowl... it's like I felt when I watched Alfred Hitchcock's "The Birds" ... inconclusive and unsatisfying.

(your first reaction when watching "The Birds" is that your VCR tape is bad because the movie just stops during the climax -you're left to your own imagination what happens next. There's no ending. Hitchcock is brilliant and all but I'm really glad this gimmick didn't catch on. I've never watched the movie again)

Edited by Voltaire

Good post Skippy.  :D

I'm as pissed as anyone about the questionable calls made yesterday.  Did they determine the outcome?....who knows.  But this win would've been more enjoyable had they not been made. 

Congrats to the Seahawks and their fans on a great year.  I think Matt Hasslebeck proved to everyone yesterday what a great QB he is.  I think you guys will get another chance.

1308135[/snapback]

+1

1308052[/snapback]

Gotta give props here. :D Bout time a Steeler admits the truth.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

1308052[/snapback]

:D And congrats on the win!

I apologize for nothing. I called the game just as I was instructed.  :D

1308277[/snapback]

Why don't you and the misses come over for dinner tonight!! :D