[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Championshp......

Menudo

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:D

laughing at menudo trying to keep up with all the shots being fired.

keep it up buddy!

just remember that nobody is saying you shouldn't be happy. live it up brother and party your ass off. it seems all that any of the others are looking for is you to concede the point that there was more bad officiating beyond the bad PI call. in all honesty, they are right. still doesn't mean seattle would have taken advantage of the calls, because it seemed like whenever they would get rolling, stevens would just drop the ball. that guy has to be grateful he at least held on to the touchdown or i would imagine he would feel even lower tonight.

somehow, someway, pitt did it. despite the bettis fumble against indy and playing flat in the big game, they are the champs. nothing can take that away.

Edited by tonorator

Actually the gadget play came after the gift from Roethlisberger at the goal line... So, the score at that time should have been Steelers 21 Seahawks 3 and over with. So all the events would have changed, and there would be no gadget play had Roethlisberger thrown the TD instead of the Pick.

I'm a little puzzled. Instead of crying about the refs and what could have been, you should be more critical of the Seahawks, because they should have taken advantage of their opportunities. And WHAT happened to Alexander? I think I heard his name, maybe, 3 times during the game.

Blame the refs all you want, but the Seahawks inability to capatalize was the story line. 10 points... Take away Roethlisberger's interception, and it would have been 3 points.

would you deny that it was a poorly officiated game?

would you deny that EVERY bad or borderline officiating "judgment call" went your team's way and collectively had an enormous impact on the game?

the game should have been 17-14 hawks in the third quarter.  then a series of several specific, quantifiable terrible calls and one pitssburgh gadget play later, it's 21-10 instead. 

the best thing you and menudo could do is go have fun and celebrate.  the game is over and the scoreboard says your team won.  that should be enough.  sign off, kick a few back, and go to bed happy.  but don't come on here insulting our intelligence saying the game was fair and pitt deserved the win. 

everyone outside of pittsburgh is depressed at the debacle the league put in front of us tonight.  and no it's not because we all hate the steelers or hate menudo...it's because we love football and hate seeing it crap its pants like it did tonight.

1307591[/snapback]

laughing at menudo trying to keep up with all the shots being fired.

keep it up buddy!

just remember that nobody is saying you shouldn't be happy.  live it up brother and party your ass off.  it seems all that any of the others are looking for is you to concede the point that there was more bad officiating beyond the bad PI call.  in all honesty, they are right.  still doesn't mean seattle would have taken advantage of the calls, because it seemed like whenever they would get rolling, stevens would just drop the ball.  that guy has to be grateful he at least held on to the touchdown or i would imagine he would feel even lower tonight.

somehow, someway, pitt did it.  despite the bettis fumble against indy and playing flat in the big game, they are the champs.  nothing can take that away.

1307606[/snapback]

Thanks, I guess. That was like a sort-of compliment if I've ever heard it. I have never heard a more :D deal from an' 11 point win, but, whatever. Tonorator, you know I think you are aweseome. Thanks for the sort of kind words, as I sort of appreciate them.

Thanks, I guess.  That was like a sort-of compliment if I've ever heard it.  I have never heard a more :D deal from an' 11 point win, but, whatever.  Tonorator, you know I think you are aweseome.  Thanks for the sort of kind words, as I sort of appreciate them.

1307617[/snapback]

that's the best you are going to get brother. i can't see anyone coming out after that performance and laying down the :D

take the trophy and run!

Yeah, I loved how the ref's smoked that seattle D on that 76 yard TD run.

1307611[/snapback]

These Kate Middletons saw holding on that play so it shouldn't have counted  :D

1307613[/snapback]

If they woulda called holding (like many people on here are saying they should, and like they did on every Seattle TD) you two puppets might just get it. :D

:D  pathetic....only possible bad call was the offensive P.I.  didn't matter, best team won...... Super Bowl Champions, deal with it !!!!!!!!!!

1307595[/snapback]

the PI was the only one i actually thought was excuseable. it was ticky-tack, but at least i could see what the back judge thought he saw.

the really bad calls were the phantom holding penalties, that all went against seattle and at the most critical points in the game. and the repeated missed offsides on pittsburgh, especially their left OLB. and the absolutely mystifying personal foul on hass for TACKLING a guy low. basically the whole game, ticky-tack phantom stuff being called against seattle at critical points, and nothing being called on pitt. early in the game i was actually pulling for pitt a little, since i put 10 bucks on them against my step-dad. as this chit started mounting i started going the other way. right now i honestly almost hate the steelers for walking out of the worst super bowl i can remember seeing full of glee. not really their fault, obviously, but still.

Of course it does.....catch up son.

1307626[/snapback]

Bushwacked, didn't expect you to lose with class.... you haven't, so you are what I thought you were.

You have to be a  :D to blame the officials when your team played so fliping bad.

1307600[/snapback]

The Seahawks played poorly (though they looked pretty good before the first bad call, which leads me to beleive that the bad calls had an effect on their mental state) but the Steelers played worse. Looking at the stats line Pittsburgh was only better on 3rd down efficiency, rushing yards (by the long TD), and... are you ready for this, because it is suprising, penalties.

If they woulda called holding (like many people on here are saying they should, and like they did on every Seattle TD) you two puppets might just get it.  :D

1307621[/snapback]

ok now think of an excuse for the other 14 points the Steelers scored, cmon you can do it!!

the PI was the only one i actually thought was excuseable.  it was ticky-tack, but at least i could see what the back judge thought he saw. 

the really bad calls were the phantom holding penalties, that all went against seattle and at the most critical points in the game.  and the repeated missed offsides on pittsburgh, especially their left OLB.  and the absolutely mystifying personal foul on hass for TACKLING a guy low.  basically the whole game, ticky-tack phantom stuff being called against seattle at critical points, and nothing being called on pitt.  early in the game i was actually pulling for pitt a little, since i put 10 bucks on them against my step-dad.  as this chit started mounting i started going the other way.  right now i honestly almost hate the steelers for walking out of the worst super bowl i can remember seeing full of glee.  not really their fault, obviously, but still.

1307630[/snapback]

That is sad.... but, try your best to get over it..... :D

The Seahawks played poorly (though they looked pretty good before the first bad call, which leads me to beleive that the bad calls had an effect on their mental state) but the Steelers played worse.  Looking at the stats line Pittsburgh was only better on 3rd down efficiency, rushing yards (by the long TD), and... are you ready for this, because it is suprising, penalties.

1307635[/snapback]

You forgot the all-important stat... the Final score. :D

You forgot the all-important stat... the Final score. :D

1307639[/snapback]

I don't deny the Steelers their Championship, they took advantage of what was given to them. I would be celebrating the same if the Seahawks had won the same way. Hell, I may even be making the same blind homer comments.

Edited by NoSupe4You

:D i don't think anyone expected you to win with class either, so... :D

1307638[/snapback]

F.U. AZ, I've done nothing to not win with class. Also, if they would have lost, I would have posted celebrating the Seahawks victory.

If I were a Hawks fan:

I would be pissed that DJax extended his arm (weather or not it was PI) because he didn't have to do it.... he gave the offiical a chance to make a judgement call when he didn't have to.

I would also be pissed about giving up a 3rd and 28 when the score was 3-0.

I would also be pissed that they miss-managed the clock at the end of the first half and at the end of the game.

I would also be pissed that my PK missed two FGs (although they were long ones).

I would also be pissed that they gave up that long run to Fast Willie Parker.

I would also be pissed that they gave up the flea-flicker TD to H. Ward.

1307576[/snapback]

I forgot to mention that Tom Ruin (I realize that's not how you spell his name, but this spelling is more fitting) kicked EVERY punt into the endzone when he had a chance to pin the Steelers deep.... he sucked today, along with the rest of the team.