[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chill out is a good thought

DMD

The game is over and we will see if there are any repurcussions from it regarding the officiating that was obviously questionable to many people (understatement of the new year I would guess).

I was pleased last night to see that, unlike other years, there were not 11,000 posts made by the winner of the game gloating and twisting the knife. Perhaps some of you do not recall it but the Super Bowl alone is a reason why there is a flood control feature to the board.

Next up - FREE AGENCY BABY  :D

1308610[/snapback]

I didn't know that.

Most years the best games are conference championships. Regardless of the SB the Steelers beating the top 3 seeds in the AFC was impressive.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to chill out.  I want to enjoy the fact that my Steelers won the Super Bowl but every time I come to the place that I love to hang out I am dragged down.

I know not everyone wants to kick my dog as I seen in the end of one of Menudo's threads that I posted how I felt about this game in, but this place is killing me today.

1308767[/snapback]

Good post by DMD. Skippy, I feel your pain. You should be able to enjoy the win.

I mean absolutely no disrespect to the Steelers nor their fans. Comments like "The only 6 time Super Bowl Winners and YOUR DADDY" are funny, but not appropriate. It's not the Steelers' fault.

The best we can hope for is a grudge match next year.

I'm going to chill out.  I want to enjoy the fact that my Steelers won the Super Bowl but every time I come to the place that I love to hang out I am dragged down.

I know not everyone wants to kick my dog as I seen in the end of one of Menudo's threads that I posted how I felt about this game in, but this place is killing me today.

1308767[/snapback]

I'm sure I contributed to that feeling and I'm sorry about that Skip.

As for the Seahawks, I genuinely feel badly. I will agree that the calls made by the officials could certainly seem to have been made with an agenda against SEA and if I was a SEA fan, I would likely be livid because the entire game was marked by game changing callls that pretty much always went against the Seahawks. This is the one sort of game that I think we would all agree that is the worst kind to have - not producing an undisputed winner based purely on what the two teams did but instead one that had the officials become a recognized factor in  the outcome. I certainly do not believe the game was fixed or that the refs were cheating at all. I will admit thinking during the game that the officials were being sort of "advocate judges" and I try very hard to be objective. I think that the penalty on Hasselbeck for trying to make a tackle was one of the most incredible calls I have ever seen made in any game.

1308610[/snapback]

The tough thing about the game as a long time Seahawks fan, was that we have seen this sort of thing so many times before. The Testaverde Non-Touchdown in 98'. Ref Tom White's clock error in Baltimore in '03. Having a team beat, & giving up the big plays to lose the game, just like vs. STL at home & DAL on MNF last year. This Superbowl was like the Seahawks 30 year history in microcosm: A combination of bad breaks, bad calls, and not quite enough big plays from the 'Hawks, resulting ultimately in disappointment.

While I do feel that they got totally jobbed by the refs yesterday, the 'Hawks didn't take control of the game and JUST WIN IT. They had everything in their favor, every opportunity, & didn't close the deal. They had 57 more offensive yards than PIT, 6 more first downs (corrected) & held possession of the ball for 6:00 more minutes. And yet, they gave up the big plays when it counted, That is why Pittsburgh won this game.

That having been said, I am so very proud of my Seahawks. They showed more heart, skill & steel this season than I have ever seen from them. I enjoyed all the ups & downs of this season tremendously: the HUGE FG to win the Giants game after 3 comebacks from the brink of defeat; The comeback in the nasty cold rain to beat Dallas; The colossal noise to beat WAS in SEA's first playoff win since I was in high school; the swarming D's devastating performance in the NFC Championship. These are some of the greatest sporting moments I have ever experienced, & I will never forget them. Thank You, Seattle Seahawks, for an awesome season, & Let's Go Get 'Em in 2006!

Edited by Bonehand

The tough thing about the game as a long time Seahawks fan, was that we have seen this sort of thing so many times before. The Testaverde Non-Touchdown in 98'. Ref Tom White's clock error in Baltimore in '03. Having a team beat, & giving up the big plays to lose the game, just like vs. STL at home & DAL on MNF last year. This Superbowl was like the Seahawks 30 year history in microcosm: A combination of bad breaks, bad calls, and not quite enough big plays from the 'Hawks, resulting ultimately in disappointment. 

While I do feel that they got totally jobbed by the refs yesterday, the 'Hawks didn't take control of the game and JUST WIN IT. They had everything in their favor, every opportunity, & didn't close the deal. They had 57 more offensive yards than PIT, 3 more first downs & held possession of the ball for 6:00 more minutes. And yet, they gave up the big plays when it counted, That that is why Pittsburgh won this game.

That having been said, I am so very proud of my Seahawks. The showed more heart, skill & steel this season than I have ever seen from them. I enjoyed all the ups & downs of this season tremendously: the HUGE FG to win the Giants game after 3 comebacks from the brink of defeat; The comeback in the nasty cold rain to beat Dallas; The colossal noise to beat WAS in SEA's first playoff win since I was in high school; the swarming D's devastating performance in the NFC Championship. These are some of the greatest sporting moments I have ever experienced, & I will never forget them. Thank You, Seattle Seahawks, for an awesome season, & Let's Go Get 'Em in 2006!

1308981[/snapback]

:D:D

While I do feel that they got totally jobbed by the refs yesterday, the 'Hawks didn't take control of the game and JUST WIN IT. They had everything in their favor, every opportunity, & didn't close the deal. They had 57 more offensive yards than PIT, 3 more first downs & held possession of the ball for 6:00 more minutes. And yet, they gave up the big plays when it counted, That that is why Pittsburgh won this game.

That having been said, I am so very proud of my Seahawks. The showed more heart, skill & steel this season than I have ever seen from them. I enjoyed all the ups & downs of this season tremendously: the HUGE FG to win the Giants game after 3 comebacks from the brink of defeat; The comeback in the nasty cold rain to beat Dallas; The colossal noise to beat WAS in SEA's first playoff win since I was in high school; the swarming D's devastating performance in the NFC Championship. These some of the greatest sporting moments I have ever experienced, & I will never forget them. Thank You, Seattle Seahawks, for an awesome season, Let's Go Get 'Em in 2006!

1308981[/snapback]

Nice post Bone! The statement about the microcosm of Hawks history is right on the button. Being a Seattle pro sports fan, I guess you get used to it. I genuinely thought things were different this year, but it didn't work out.

Nice post Bone!  The statement about the microcosm of Hawks history is right on the button.  Being a Seattle pro sports fan, I guess you get used to it.  I genuinely thought things were different this year, but it didn't work out.

1309005[/snapback]

Don't worry man, we'll be back! :D

DMD, nice thought. I hope that we don't see any more travesties of this magnitude. If it weren't for fantasy football, last night would have been the last time I watched the NFL. The officiating was that one sided, and I didn't have any money on the game, and am not a fan of either team. You should be worried about this as well. If crap like this continues and the integrety of the league is continually called into question there is a good chance that people will even lose interest in fantasy football.

Is it to early to start Mystery Huddler? Maybe that will help us forget this debacle.

I think that the penalty on Hasselbeck for trying to make a tackle was one of the most incredible calls I have ever seen made in any game.

It really was. Not as influential as some of the other calls, but it really makes you wonder about the refs qualifications. And these are supposed to be the best the league has? I'd really like to know what was going through the ref's head and why none of the other ref's came in to overturn it.

The better team won. Perhaps if the game had been played today it would have had a different outcome. The Super Bowl, unlike the World Series etc. is one game. Have a bad game, you're screwed, have a good game you get the reward!

The better team won. Perhaps if the game had been played today it would have had a different outcome. The Super Bowl, unlike the World Series etc. is one game. Have a bad game, you're screwed, have a good game you get the reward!

1309343[/snapback]

Which of the three teams on the field had a good game?