[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

"Breaking the plane"

Furd

I think deciding whether the whole ball went over the line would even be harder to judge than if just the tip hits the line.

What needs to happen is for the NFL to use technology. If they can make a laser tool for carpenters I would think they could do something similar with the ball and goal line to where something triggers when the ball goes over the line. at least then they would only have to look at replays to see whethere the knee was down before it got over.

1309046[/snapback]

Yup, and why they are at it get rid of the chains as well.

I would have to think something like this would be possible - doesn't tennis also use some sort of laser system to determine if serves are in or not?

1308878[/snapback]

Well, a mass of 22 hugh football dudes may sound the beep before the ball gets anywhere near the goaline. Face it, there will always be a human element to officiating a game and it inherently introduces errors.

Well, a mass of 22 hugh football dudes may sound the beep before the ball gets anywhere near the goaline.  Face it, there will always be a human element to officiating a game and it inherently introduces errors.

1309066[/snapback]

Perfect solution -- get rid of the humans!! :D

If they gave Roeth this Mysterery TD, then I can't see how they spot mack Strong not making that 3down conversion.

The initial ruling should have been down at the 1, just like was first signaled til levy mindfokked the sideline judge into raising both arms.

1309373[/snapback]

Why don't you be quiet and get back to sucking Jimmy Smith's nob?

Maybe they could put a plane IN the endzone, and you have to run in and crush it. Like a balsa wood plane. Stomp on it. Alright, I admit it. I'm outta gas.

1309427[/snapback]

:D

I would like as much as anyone to let Humans make the calls. but if you can eliminate error IMO you are improving the game.

No matter what refs will still be able to control the tempo of the games with holding and pass interference calls so this would not be the solution to everything. just something that could help the game out.

That being said I think the ref's made a good enough call on that Roeth TD. it was IMO as close as a call can be and since it was already called a TD I have no problem with the call other than the ref started to call him down at the 1.

put a chip in the ball and a sensor along the goal line....

i think that fifa, the soccer world cup was experimenting in this....

http://sportsfilter.com/comments.cfm/4181

1308810[/snapback]

I think that's on hold for the 2006 WC because earlier tests didn't work too good.